opinions on vodafone broadband

Giraffe76

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering what people thought about vodafone broadband and whether they were worth going with?

Kind regards Mark Strong

I'm with Vodafone BB and the connection has generally been fine. I'm on their fastest fibre BB and was not getting anywhere near the speed I should. It took a fair bit of work to get them to sort it out, but they did eventually send out an Openreach engineer who replaced my master phone socket and speeds have been fairly good since.

However.....
About six months after my contract started they wanted to up the price they were charging, but new customers could sign up for a cheaper deal with them. My option was to cancel the contract but after 4 days constantly calling them to cancel I gave up without ever getting through to somebody. So I accepted the price increase and will shortly be moving to Uno Broadband who although a little more expensive look to offer a good product for the price.

So very mixed views on Vodafone - good service but poor customer service

Mark.

Colleague of mine signed up with them, never got the advertised speed and they were a nightmare to deal with so he cancelled the contract. They threatened him over the contract and he responded by offering to take them to court over mis-selling. They then cancelled the contract.

Personally I am with Vodafone mobile and their support has never been good, their website constantly breaks and you are in the lap of the gods if you actually get through to someone who knows what they are talking about.

Other than the they are fine :facepalm:

Seems the extra £50 you might save at the end of the year is not worth the risk. I used to be with sky fibre.. never had a problem although I’ve never used an isp supplied modem. It did take nearly an hour on the phone to cancel my account when I left.

Now been with BT for the last three years and they increased my speed for free and always match the offer they give to new customers when I phone up to renew each year or I will leave. Apart from that I can’t complain about them.

A friend a couple roads away on plus net.. nothing but problems. probably double figures by now.
So with cheaper isp’s you take your chances but you should always phone up and haggle.. generally they will price match in some way.

Same with all bills... never just accept the price increase once the new customer offer runs out. customer loyalty is no more and if they can’t be arsed with keeping existing customers by matching the deals when renewing.... move on but you need to put some effort in yourself each renewal time.

Eitherway good luck👍

I have been with them for nearly 3 years and here is my 2 pence worth:

1. Competitive pricing especially when compared with BT. Unlike others when your contract runs out, they extend the discounts to you that they would to new customers.

2. Overall the customer service is excellent with a good mix of call centres in the UK and abroad. You tend to find the more mundane easy stuff is based offshore, but anything a bit more involved like tech support level 2 is generally here. Definitely better than other budget providers like talk talk.

3. When I have had technical issues, they have been quick to respond and their knowledge and diagnostic tools are good.

4. They use a Huawei router....potentially contentious.

5. I use seperate enterprise grade equipment as my set up is more complex than average and on the bright side Vodafone do let you use theirs party equipemnt and provide the necessary credentials, unlike several other large providers. The downside is that alot of the error logging and other diagnostics they run are not available to them as they require the you use their own router as they can access that directly.

6. For me speeds and line quality are excellent, but this is nowt to do with Vodafone and is a lottery based on where you live. Any line issues and ultimately you are reliant on Openreach who are an awful monoply that should have been broken up years ago.....nothing good to say about Openreach whatsoever, other than they continue to keep the UK years behind when it comes to data infrastructure!

Overall, I have tried several providers over the years but I am sticking with vodafone for now.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
The broadband is perfectly fine.

Their support is awful.

When I first signed up, it was a complete nightmare to get their router which meant I was without broadband for a few days. It got lost, and they wouldn't send another, despite several calls - "computer says no" kind of mentality. Rather frustrating.

Having had 18 months or so of stable broadband, I then made the mistake of upgrading. This came with a new router. Sadly it was not a case of simply swapping it out. For some inexplicable reason, this required them to make some configuration changes on their end - which they seemed completely incapable of doing. It took them 3 days (all without working broadband) and several calls, before it was finally sorted.

The price, at £20pm for 70mbps, is the reason I'll stay.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom