Question Oppo BDP-95 firmware?

MickB

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone have a copy of this which fixes the HDCP issue (no sound in new receiver). The latest version of firmware on Oppo site is 2014, & I believe Oppo Germany may have a fix.
I've emailed them, just waiting for response.
thanks

Now got the fix from Germany, so please ignore this....

Now got the fix from Germany, so please ignore this....
Would it be possible to share the fix from Germany please? My 95 stopped playing sound out of the HDMI ports. The Coax works.
Thanks

Would it be possible to share the fix from Germany please? My 95 stopped playing sound out of the HDMI ports. The Coax works.
Thanks
I've got the exact same issue with my 93 and thought it was ready for the dump. Not tried any other outputs though, but also get a pink screen from one of the HDMI's so would like to try anything that may fix it.

@MickB I tried your link and it is not working, can you please redo the link so I can try the fix.

Thanks

Mark.

I've got the exact same issue with my 93 and thought it was ready for the dump. Not tried any other outputs though, but also get a pink screen from one of the HDMI's so would like to try anything that may fix it.

@MickB I tried your link and it is not working, can you please redo the link so I can try the fix.

Thanks

Mark.
The link says deleted by owner

I loaded the firmware from the above link. I also did a factory reset after loading it. It worked. My HDMI port now has sound. The only thing that does not work is my new receiver recognizing it’s turned on and identifying it. No big deal just change the source manually.
Thanks

I found this post on AVSForums. It confirms from OPPO that this is the fix.

Try downloading and installing the latest firmware release (http://download.oppodigital.com/BDP0...X_85-0106B.zip) for your player if you have the North American firmware installed on your player. If you have a receiver that supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2, then you need this upgraded firmware to address the player not being able to recognize the EDID fields for audio with your receiver.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.
162 Constitution Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
[email protected]
Tel: 650-961-1118
Fax: 650-961-1119

Just tested this Beta firmware tonight and I can confirm that it does fix the no sound issue that i was having when passing through my 4k yamaha receiver to my 4k oled tv.

If i recall correctly, EU and NA Oppo's do not have compatible firmware, is there a link for an EU version?

Well I was kindly given the correct EU version of the beta software. Installed it via USB and now have audio back from my Oppo :clap: (even without doing a full reset of the player, but I did it anyway to make sure).

Mark.

Anybody trying to fix the audio issue with their Oppo 93/95EU player can download the Beta firmware from OneDrive here:

Please remember that this is a Beta firmware so you install it at your own risk

Mark.

Anybody trying to fix the audio issue with their Oppo 93/95EU player can download the Beta firmware from OneDrive here:

Please remember that this is a Beta firmware so you install it at your own risk

Mark.

I've just hit the audio issue and thankfully found this thread - I thought my BDP-95EU had failed!

However, when I try to apply the firmware using the 2 files provided, I get a "not recognised" error. Looking at the OPPO support site for the firmware upgrade procedure shows that there is a file missing from the package - DVD460.BIN

Is it possible to upload the correct version of this file to OneDrive?

Many Thanks in Advance
John

I used just the 2 files in the UPG folder and it worked on my Oppo BDP-93EU
I did check back to the zip file I downloaded and I have already uploaded everything I got.

So I do not have any other files to upload, and no other suggestions as to what to try :confused:

Mark.

Hello, I've just tried sound the update firmware.... even got the files direct from Oliver in Germany.... still just the two files shown which is all that is needed apparently, and it doesn't work like yours. Just to let you know you're not the only one !

The beta firmware for the BDP-95EU contains two files: BDP9XEU.bin and BDP9XEU.sign.

I got them from Oliver a couple of months ago - the update installed first time and fixed my sound issue. He asked me not to post the update in public.

He also sent me a 'factory firmware restore tool', which allows the Oppo to revert to factory firmware. The 'restore tool' is three files and does also include DVD460.bin.

MarkE19's upload contains files which don't have the EU suffix, and my BDP-95EU ignored them. Maybe some versions of the EU firmware will accept an update that's built for non-EU players?

The files are different. BDP9X.bin is 62MB, but BDP9XEU.bin is slightly smaller at 59MB. I strongly suspect that just renaming the files you have won't work.

I suggest getting back in touch with Oliver and asking specifically for the EU version of the update. It does exist, does work, and isn't what you already have.

The beta firmware for the BDP-95EU contains two files: BDP9XEU.bin and BDP9XEU.sign.

I got them from Oliver a couple of months ago - the update installed first time and fixed my sound issue. He asked me not to post the update in public.

He also sent me a 'factory firmware restore tool', which allows the Oppo to revert to factory firmware. The 'restore tool' is three files and does also include DVD460.bin.

MarkE19's upload contains files which don't have the EU suffix, and my BDP-95EU ignored them. Maybe some versions of the EU firmware will accept an update that's built for non-EU players?

The files are different. BDP9X.bin is 62MB, but BDP9XEU.bin is slightly smaller at 59MB. I strongly suspect that just renaming the files you have won't work.

I suggest getting back in touch with Oliver and asking specifically for the EU version of the update. It does exist, does work, and isn't what you already have.

Thanks Andy, it now all works, firstly used his factory restore tool. Now I don't really understand folders but somehow there were 2 UPG 's one after the other before the BDP9XEU.bin and BDP9XEU.sign. were shown , got it down to just one somehow ! and it worked.

Is there a simple way of doing this for someone who is pretty computer illiterate ? Its very annoying that my Opponent has stopped working with my new receiver

It is to solve the lack of sound in my hdmi receiver. My oppo 95 is the European one. I have tried what you show here, but they do not work.

Thanks Andy, it now all works, firstly used his factory restore tool. Now I don't really understand folders but somehow there were 2 UPG 's one after the other before the BDP9XEU.bin and BDP9XEU.sign. were shown , got it down to just one somehow ! and it worked.
Please I need that tool and the European firmware.

@RAFA NADAL I will try to remember to send you a link to the firmware that I have on OneDrive when I get home. But if I do forget then feel free to give me a nudge :confused:

Mark.

You have mail :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom