Optoma Projector Repair Costs - Is this right ?

Pooler

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought I would relate an experience I have had with Optoma Projectors that may influence people on deciding to buy one or making the right decision if they need one repairing

My UHD550x had a DLP chip problem with a single dead pixel and after much debate I decided the time was right to move up to laser technology so purchased a UHZ65 laser projector direct from Optoma themselves.

I wanting to sell the UHD550x so tried to get a quote for repair but Optoma insisted on inspecting the projector before quoting and I had to stump up a non refundable £80 for an inspection thinking that their price would at least be reasonable. The £80 would then be deducted from the cost of the labour if I went ahead.

After weeks and weeks waiting they have just quoted me over £700 + labour for a replacement DLP chip ! Is this really how much these things cost to replace ?

I've since had another company quote me £289 all in to replace the DLP chip but that is a huge disparity to Optomas Price. Are Optoma trying rip me off here ?

Obviously am not going ahead with Optoma, So pretty annoying to throw £80 down the pan but what strikes is that this is a projector that cost me a fair packet just over 3 years ago and having bought a new laser projector directly from them you'd think they would not try to rip me off on a repair.

Hi there did you get your projector fixed? Which company was it by my old trusty hd141x is need of repair too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom