Optoma UHD 51 / 51A 4k Projector Owners Thread

I'm still rocking the old school!

Well if Optoma come back and it's too costly to repair I'll be buying something new I guess :)
I found the price quite reasonable tbh. I ended up sending mine to them and it cost £120 overall, with it being picked up from my house and delivered back to me at a time of my choosing. Considering Richer Sounds were going to charge me about £80 just to look at it, I thought the service was good value. And I haven't had any issues with the projector since.

I found the price quite reasonable tbh. I ended up sending mine to them and it cost £120 overall, with it being picked up from my house and delivered back to me at a time of my choosing. Considering Richer Sounds were going to charge me about £80 just to look at it, I thought the service was good value. And I haven't had any issues with the projector since.
That's very reasonable.

I've paid 80 already to diagnoise it and send it. Then whatever the part is plus 40 for labour and to send it back. Did you have similar issues to me?

That's very reasonable.

I've paid 80 already to diagnoise it and send it. Then whatever the part is plus 40 for labour and to send it back. Did you have similar issues to me?
My bulb blew and I replaced it but there was glass splinters somewhere stopping the fans from working. I couldn't get the lid off, so ended up sending it in for a clean up.

Hi guys,

I have had my UHD51a running for a few years, but then it 'died.' I couldn't get it to turn on. I finally deduced it was the lamp, and ordered a new one. Today I opened it up to replace with the new lamp housing from Araca, and discovered that my old lamp had exploded. The PJ was inverted, so I don't think any glass would have gone anywhere dangerous. After replacing the bulb and turning it back on, my Optoma is in a reboot loop. I see the Optoma splash screen, but the blue circle never shows, and then the cycle repeats.
I found a post mentioning reboot loops being fixed with firmware C09, and tried installing that, but it didn't work.
I logged in here, and tried installing C18 from the link in the post above, but upon trying that firmware, I never get to the blue light going to red (I waited about 30 min :( )
Tomorrow I'm going to try a C15 firmware I could find. I'll post back if it works.
If it doesn't, is there some sort of factory reset I could try? or another firmware to try? Or does anyone have another suggestion?

Thanks!

My bulb blew and I replaced it but there was glass splinters somewhere stopping the fans from working. I couldn't get the lid off, so ended up sending it in for a clean up.
I'm wondering if I will have to do this as well. How was your experience sending it in?

Hi All,

I'm a proud owner of the Optoma UHD51 as well. I've updated the firmware succesfully to C18.
I have a desktop computer with an AMD Radeon 7900XTX GPU. When I connect the UHD51 to my PC with a HDMI 2.0 cable it connect with a 3840 x 2160 resolution but in 24Hz. Also my Radeon drivers and controlpanel are disabled. heavy Screen-tearing and a very slow mouse. I've updated to the latest AMD drivers and I run Window 11? Anyone have an Idea how I can connect in 3840 x 2160, 60 Hz? Help is much appreciated!

The UHD 51 and 51A both do 3D with the original firmware.

For some strange reason Optoma have made it so that you have to drop any input to 1080p or less, to give you the option for 3D to be selected in the projector menu.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom