Optoma UHD40 thread

make sure the input you are watching has completley shut down before switching to next input device on your avr

Hi Harold 88 I thought that the 50 was already 3d out of the box,
Not heard of a firmware update for the 40.

Hi just an update from my end,a lot of us have had problems with the half/full black screen syncing issue. A week ago i turned my keystone off to zero and re positioned my pj bracket just enough to not need any keystone.
Its been a week now and the issue has not happened once and i have used the pj every day,before this it would happen once or twice each evening and i needed to reboot.
So fingers crossed this has resolved it for me and hopefully some of you :smashin:

just realised tlatech had mentioned this last year :facepalm:
i should come on here more often :lesson:

Its the EDID from your tv to the avr unplug your tv before you turn your projector on no more half screen

YES WHY whoops -5
Try this, while watching films etc have your keystone on if need be then turn it off for menus etc and remember to set the keystone back to zero when you turn the projector off. So when you turn it back on you should not get the issue, then when you a watch a movie etc reset your keystone
Hope this makes sense

So are you saying if l leave it at 0 setting this will stop the loss of sync signal casusing the half black screen effect

it did for me but obviously i cant guarantee it will work for you
but give it a try :smashin:

Thats amazing. Thank you so very much have you any other tips for the uhd 40 im using the nvdia sheild tv pro on it

Hi guys I have a fix.. My work around is turn off auto hdr.. And turn it on and off depending on the content.. If left on auto for non hdr it will flick half the screen.. .. Strangely can leave auto turned on for 1080p bluerays ect and does not glitch out...this works for me👍..

Last edited:
We shouldn't have to the workarounds
Optoma should come up with a firmware update to resolve the issue, maybe this is why the uhd51 didn't have keystone.

Hi recently purchased one of these, brought a 4k hdmi and connected to a nvidea shield tv, will I only get 4k through the one input on the pj (hdmi4k) or should I get in both?

Hi only one of the hdmi ports is 4k unfortunately.

I don't think it can get much better than what you already have out of the box with Cinema preset (I think this is how is called). You also need to be on ECO and use dynamic black which makes the image much better.

HDR is completely out of the question since the projector isn't really capable to show extended space color corectly. You will get a much better picture just by converting all your HDR movies to SDR in player's option if it has such a thing.

I had the same issue. I send my device to fix (i ask service - those issue are in guarantee option). After that i have no half screen issues but they change only firmware. This problem was shown only when i hanged picture source. For example - when i played new movie (with different frame rate). HDR materials was played properly but when starts i hadblinking half screen parts for few seconds at start. Now i have no problem with half blank screen. But i have sometimes .. (for each 10-15 min) one blank shot on left side of the screen. One blank shot for few minutes is no problem - but this can be stressed. (one blank black shot in 1 frame only - almost imperceptible) .

I have: Optoma UHD40 + Onkyo Reciver + NVidia Shield + XBOXOne + Popcorn VTEN + 25m HDMI cable.

przyklad1.jpg
przyklad2.jpg
przyklad3.jpg

Last edited:
I had the same issue. I send my device to fix (i ask service - those issue are in guarantee option). After that i have no half screen issues but they change only firmware. This problem was shown only when i hanged picture source. For example - when i played new movie (with different frame rate). HDR materials was played properly but when starts i hadblinking half screen parts for few seconds at start. Now i have no problem with half blank screen. But i have sometimes .. (for each 10-15 min) one blank shot on left side of the screen. One blank shot for few minutes is no problem - but this can be stressed. (one blank black shot in 1 frame only - almost imperceptible) .

I have: Optoma UHD40 + Onkyo Reciver + NVidia Shield + XBOXOne + Popcorn VTEN + 25m HDMI cable.

View attachment 1281780View attachment 1281781View attachment 1281782
Put your keystone setting to 0

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom