Bargain Expired Optoma UHZ65UST

afzal

Established Member
Reaction score
I just discovered this new prefix having already posted the information in the relevant projector thread.
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––​

Switzerland generally has lower prices than the UK as our VAT is 7.7% however even that doesn't explain the price difference in the new Optoma UHZ65UST.

Prices are generally hovering around £2200 but two very reputable online stores are both giving the machine at £2,165.
I haven't checked too far, but the lowest price I've seen in the UK looks to be about £3,299.

I've ordered expensive goods (projectors, AVRs, speakers...) from both stores over the last 10 years so their prices are trustworthy to me.

Here are the links:
Techmania - in German
PC-Ostschweiz - also in German

Don't forget you'll have to pay VAT and duty(?) on imports from Switzerland.
Russ

Don't forget you'll have to pay VAT and duty(?) on imports from Switzerland.
Russ
That's true, although you can claim back the 7.7% Swiss VAT. Still, I have a hard time believing that import duties and VAT in the UK would be about £1'300 on a £2,000 import.

That's true, although you can claim back the 7.7% Swiss VAT. Still, I have a hard time believing that import duties and VAT in the UK would be about £1'300 on a £2,000 import.
it should be 20% and then warranty is 2 years whichis lesser than UK models

TANSTAFL - there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
Actually, I hadn't realized you got 3 year warrantx. Is that by the manufacturer? If so, the Swiss warranty is also 3 years.
The 2 years, though, is that Swiss authorities insists that all good must have a minimum guarantee period of 2 years, irrespective of manufacturer wishes. They may give more, but never less. On addition, most credit cards sad an extra year on to the guarantee period.

Booked The PJ with Richer Sounds LBG waiting for the update on Delivery fingers crossed🤞

hi Rajat- any feedback on your purchase please?

I spoke to richer sounds earlier today and they appear to have a few in stock for delivery Monday - I was so tempted ...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom