Question Output problem on the AVR390 with two monitors / 3D and 4K

ersa04

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello and good day,
my name is Andreas, I'm from Magdeburg (Germany) and since Monday I'm proud to be a new
member of the AVR390. Since I have found nothing in the manual for my topic, I hope for
some tips from this forum.

Following problem:
I operate on my AVR390 a KD65AF8 from Sony (plugged into HDMI out1/ARC) and an Optoma
HD300x 3D projector (plugged into HDMI out2). The source is a HTPC with a Radeon RX560 GPU.
Now I have the problem that if both devices are connected to the AVR390, the AVR on the projector
output (out2) NO HDMI 1.4 signal to the projector outputs, the projector no 3D image builds. Only
when I disconnect the TV from the out1 my HTPC recognizes a HDMI 1.4 screen and builds a 3D image.

Is there any way on the AVR390 (as with my previous Pioneer SC-LX502) to disable the respective
outputs via the menu?

I would be very grateful for your tips :)

Greetings, Andreas

Welcome to the forums Andreas.

Unfortunately I can't help you with this one as I only use a single output from my AVR550. Have you tried contacting your dealer on this, or Arcam support? Did you install this yourself or did a dealer do this for you? In the UK at least, dealers are meant to install the AVR; it's all included in the cost, in which case they should at least guide you to a fix.

The only other thing that comes to mind is checking that the firmware is the latest. Again, a dealer should have done this if they installed the AVR.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

This is interesting but can offer no help as I am a prospective AVR390 buyer. I don't have the same input as you but I have a 1080p projector and a 4K OLED operating with ARC. This issue would stop me buying the AVR 390.

Firstly this section of the forum is all but dead. You'll get more help posting in this thread.

As far as I know this is a limitation with the Arcams in that both outputs default to lowest spec. But if you post in the thread I'm sure that other owners will advise if this is indeed still an issue.

Also be aware that the STB input is limited to 1080, so don't connect any 4k devices to that.

Is there any way on the AVR390 (as with my previous Pioneer SC-LX502) to disable the respective
outputs via the menu?

I would be very grateful for your tips :)

Greetings, Andreas
Hi, the Arcam amps (like a few others) unfortunately do NOT have this functionality which is why I sold mine and went to a Denon. You may be able to get an external splitter that can replicate the functionality.

Hey guys ... you can not imagine how happy I am that you're all so wrong!!!! :))))
(should not be overbearing!)

I found a way to turn the HDMI outputs on and off in the AVR390. Since this is not documented
in any user manual, it is of course no wonder that the usual 850/550/390 owner knows nothing
about it. What I find VERY SORRY is that not even the ARCAM support knows this way. At least,
my contact there could give me no tip. All the more I am glad to be able to show you this quite
easy way! that's how it works:

1. You simply install the Arcam app for iOS or Android
2. Then connect your AVR with the app
3. Now you go to the menu: Media and select "HDMI" here
IMG_7937.JPG

4. Then the selection opens, where you can either select only one of the two HDMI outputs
or 1 & 2. DONE :)
IMG_7938.JPG

Honestly, now f***s the AVR390 so right! :)))))))

Well done! I had a look through everything else and there doesn't appear to be another way to replicate this. Amazing. I don't use the app so I wouldn't have found it.

Now, what else is exclusively controlled via the app?

Hi Chester,
When i have you understand right, you are looking for another way to switch the HDMI-Ports? I find only this Way about the App, because only the App have the HDMI-Button.

No no, just looking for other goodies! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom