Question PANASONIC 4K 55HZ1500 OLED V SAMSUNG 8K 55Q700T QLED

jamct

Both TVs are on my shortlist to upgrade from my current 49" LED. They were recently £1,999 each but the 8K Samsung has a current cashback offer of £250.
So, a dilemma, both have good reviews including better quality audio, the Panasonic, with probably, more robust quality metal construction verses the Samsung, no 8K content, but future proof resolution, which is the better option?.
I am minded to wait and see if the Panasonic wiĺl drop to £1,749 or less, maybe on Black Friday or at the New Year sales.
Opinions welcome.

Dodgexander

I think the audio is going to be quite a bit better on the Panasonic. It has a dedicated soundbar compared to built in audio.

Despite being 8k, the Q700T is also quite poor with local dimming, very limited in zones compared to the 4k Q90/Q95T and a lot less compared to last years Q90R.

Two main things I can add that hopefully helps your search. Number 1 is its a bad time to consider buying any 2020 model right now. You'll want to wait for Black Friday 2020 at very least, but TVs are priced each year their best around spring time. It would be better now if you can still find well priced 2019 stock to opt for one of those instead.

Number 2 is before you pick out different TVs, you should first decide which display technology is suited to your conditions. You already own an LCD TV, so you have a good idea of the technologies strength and weaknesses. The Q700T, or any Samsung 'QLED' model is just another LCD TV.

The Panasonic HZ1500 is an OLED TV, which is a different display technology. Both have their advantages and disadvantages and really should be purchased with your own viewing conditions and preferences in mind.

So once you narrow down which technology you prefer, choices become easier..and either way if I were you I wouldn't start shopping for a TV until Black Friday, or possibly even later. You can get a lot more TV for your money that way.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom