Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Don’t buy

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

Jandoedel

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am wondering if it is worth buying a second had 65vt60 for 950 euro ?

TV has only 2300 hours on it.

I am really reluctant when it comes to buying an OLED tv, currently I own a 50st60 but I want a bigger one as my living situation has changed and I set further away from the tv.

OLED for me is still a bit scary with all the screen uniformity stories floating around (panel lottery) so I am torn between this vt60 or a new 65gzw954

Last edited:
That sounds expensive for a 5-6 year-old plasma. Do you know if it's been well-looked after ? It might only have 2300 hours on it, but there could still be a risk of screen issues if a lot of static content was viewed during that time.

I think the VT took over from the GT series from previous years, once the ZT series became the top-range sets. I ran my GT30 from mid 2011 up until it failed earlier this year. I loved the picture quality and wanted to keep it running but that isn't easy once new parts are no longer available, so I'm looking at having to solder some new components to one of the boards, or send the board away to an eBay seller who offers a repair service.

While I was thinking this over, I ended up taking the opportunity to upgrade to a Panasonic GZ950 OLED and have been very pleased so far - it definitely is the natural successor to plasma. I haven't noticed any uniformity issues so far - from what I've read, the panel lottery is less of an issue with the Panasonics for some reason although, of course, there will be exceptions. Screen burn for OLEDs is still a potential risk, but the latest generation of panels appear to be more resistant. I'm taking care to vary what I watch and minimise static content so time will tell I guess - I took care of my plasma in a similar way and never had an issue.

Here's some more info on the VT60 : Panasonic TC-P65VT60 (TCP65VT60) Review - 65" 3D Plasma HDTV, Infinite Black Ultra, Viera Connect Smart TV

Tv is mainly used for watching movies and series. I agree that it is a lot of money for a 5 year old tv but well I am a bit uncertain still about OLED. Lcd and in this case QLED is also not the answer I think.

So the 954 OLED could be the one to get.

If you want plasma PQ then its a safe bet but only if its BI free. Or you could track a KRP600 for much less but probably has alot more hours on it.

Well still not convinced it is the right thing to do.

Alternatives are now:
Samsung 65Q90R for 1599 euro (I know led not oled or plasma but still an improvement over my 50 inch plasma I hope/think)
Panasonic 954 oled for 1999 euro

Panasonic OLED..
Films and series it's the TV to go for.. its alot of money for a 2nd hand tv if something happens no warranty etc.. if something happens to a new TV you have the warranty and cover etc..
I still have a kuro in the front room but sold off a krp kuro from my den for a Panasonic oled had it bout a yr and a bit and know the cover is in place so dont worry.. tbh the kuro is great but the Panasonics 4khdr with the cinematic picture is another level..
Good luck on your decision

I think it is still a wonderful TV if it is perfect condition (I have actually owned just "lower" models like ST60 myself). But 950 € feels a bit steep today considering it is a many years old model with probably no warranty. I think 500-600 € would be more like it.

Last edited:
plasmas are lovely but their time has come and gone with the emergence of 4k and HDR.

i would not pay more than <300.

They're in a tough position because their motion and PQ is beautiful.. but they are showing their age in feature set, lack of HDR, resolution, size, thiccness.

500-600 is too close to a second hand OLED which will likely last you a lot longer.

plasmas are lovely but their time has come and gone with the emergence of 4k and HDR.

i would not pay more than <300.

They're in a tough position because their motion and PQ is beautiful.. but they are showing their age in feature set, lack of HDR, resolution, size, thiccness.

500-600 is too close to a second hand OLED which will likely last you a lot longer.

I agree it's too much to ask as think they are now looked at as retro/museum pieces so people are trying to get sky high prices but with newer sets there are alot of issues regarding banding, some screen burn motion... I dont regret having my Panasonic oled which replaced a krp600 as for movies its awesome with 4khdr but my 12 yr old family room kuro which is used everyday will prob still outlast the OLED...
But at least as you say some 2nd hand oleds will still be handy as a chance of having remaining warranty unlike plasmas.. if it goes wrong... your loss

So what are the last Panasonic’s worth now then. I’d rather have one than a OLED with all the problems.

So what are the last Panasonic’s worth now then. I’d rather have one than a OLED with all the problems.

Depends what size you're after tbh... 50/55 inch dont come up that often but last I saw was 350ish.. but a zt60 sold on the bay recently for nearly 500...only thing with plasma is no warranty so a gamble if it packs up your on your own.. even panny though had some faults line bleed with certain content.. I use one of their oleds but only for blurays and it behaves like a plasma in that regard.. I detest soap opera or smoothing options etc..have a warranty too.. so I'm covered...but as mentioned before I still use a kuro for front room them things are near indestructible... 12 yrs old now.. they had a red tint issue but easy to rid it.. I havent tested the OLED with sports as no sky etc in my den so not sure what it's like.. however mma, boxing etc is great on the kuro.. my only problem will be if it packs up what to replace it with.. as my grown up kids pause the TV and not sure how the OLED would deal with that sort of abuse... in some ways TVs have excelled (oled especially) with pic quality 4khdr so step forward but side stepping in others as can get banding, motion problems etc.. fortunately I've only seen banding once in the yr half I've had the TV...

Please help. I want to buy a used VT50 ,VT60 or ZT60 but sellers cant send the big and heavy tvs
overseas so do you know any shop sending one of these (used or new) to spain ? thank you

Please help. I want to buy a used VT50 ,VT60 or ZT60 but sellers cant send the big and heavy tvs overseas so do you know any shop sending one of these (used or new) to spain ? thank you

Large screen TVs are huge, heavy and need to be transported upright with a lot of care. It's normally a two-man job to lift them and plasmas like that tend to be even heavier than their modern LCD or OLED equivalents.

While buying secondhand locally, you might get away with popping one on a blanket in the back of an estate car and driving carefully but for transporting overseas, you'd need to find a seller who still had the original packaging as the screens need to be very well supported and protected to avoid damage.

Even if you could find an international courier company who would be willing to do it, I would imagine the cost would reflect the risk involved and would be huge.

Good luck with your searching, though :thumbsup:

ok, thank you, , very sad, Plasma is the best tech for a healthy vision Lcd damages my eyes , dont wanted to spend lot of money on Oled and dont need 4K but suppose finally i would go for one of these, thank you.

ok, thank you, , very sad, Plasma is the best tech for a healthy vision Lcd damages my eyes , dont wanted to spend lot of money on Oled and dont need 4K but suppose finally i would go for one of these, thank you.

I know... I still have my kuro for everyday use in family room.. the OLED is great too for films.. could look for a second hand OLED.. price isn't that much more than a high end plasma.. and no overseas shipping charges... look for a low used one with some warranty if possible.. not keen myself on refurbs..
Good luck

I’m looking at selling my 50” VT60 if anyone is interested.

I’m looking for £600

I’m looking at selling my 50” VT60 if anyone is interested.

I’m looking for £600

I doubt you'll get that for it here or even on the bay unfortunately... if couple years ago perhaps but I've seen zt60 go for that price recently ..and I got £520 for a krp600 year half ago..

I doubt you'll get that for it here or even on the bay unfortunately... if couple years ago perhaps but I've seen zt60 go for that price recently ..and I got £520 for a krp600 year half ago..
Oh really? : /

what would be the going rate for these TVs nowadays?

£300-350 id say for a 50”

My ZT65 fans start to become audible after 3hrs usage but not annoyingly so.

Hi,

I am wondering if it is worth buying a second had 65vt60 for 950 euro ?

TV has only 2300 hours on it.

I am really reluctant when it comes to buying an OLED tv, currently I own a 50st60 but I want a bigger one as my living situation has changed and I set further away from the tv.

OLED for me is still a bit scary with all the screen uniformity stories floating around (panel lottery) so I am torn between this vt60 or a new 65gzw954
My Viera is stil top after 12+ years...in 3.5y i returned 2 oleds.
One was pixel degradation+banding other one was pixel degradation.
Will never sell my plasma its stashed in my old home,now i use q90r.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom