Panasonic app update (not just iplayer) 2 June

rjpreston

Standard Member
Reaction score
This message appears on-screen when starting the BBC iplayer app (this is on a Panasonic 2014 GT60 plasma). I’ve never seen this type of message before despite the app being updated a few times over the years.
Can’t find any info on the web about it.
6CBCB34A-F762-4ECF-9835-F8B193688E21.jpeg

iPlayer broke on older Samsungs recently - a fix was found for some - I wonder if this is a pre-emptive fix?

My Panasonic (CX802) had an identical message but for a date around the 26th of May when I used it last weekend.

Very odd!

All Panasonic TVs with network services got the notification apparently but the timing seems to vary depending on the generation (26/05/2020 for at least CX to GZ ? ) and it's not specific to an app such as the BBC iPlayer (the maintenance is not just for the UK), it's a global server maintenance.

But you have to ask the question: if I want to use iPlayer, why is a Panasonic server involved?

Clem

Maybe the old 2014 TVs cannot technically display a general notification for network services so the notification is displayed when you launch any app?

@rjpreston : does the notification only display for BBC iplayer or for other apps too (if there are other working apps on a 2014 set)?

Maybe the old 2014 TVs cannot technically display a general notification for network services so the notification is displayed when you launch any app?

@rjpreston : does the notification only display for BBC iplayer or for other apps too (if there are other working apps on a 2014 set)?

good question! The message pops up on all apps actually. Iplayer is the only one I use so hadn’t checked before.

im sure my cx has to go from the uk to the Japanese servers then back to me

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom