Panasonic Apps market / Network services 2020 Maintenance

My GX800 seems fine after the update. The Apps Market is still currently unavailable but Netflix, Amazon, Rakuten & YouTube all work OK right now.

Just now. Got it in Greek language
"Sorry for the inconvenience
The service you are trying to use is under maintenance. We will be back soon.
Please try again later

Netflix is still available

Last edited:
Just tried my TV. Everything seems to back up and running - Netflix, YouTube, catch up services, the App Store. Outwardly can’t see anything different, unsurprisingly really as it was network maintenance not a firmware update.

Same here @DeepDiver had too reboot router like you. Can open Netflix and Prime but it is very slow and bitrate well down. I did a speedcheck and my download speed is 90mbps and upload 20mbps so nowt wrong with that.

I wonder if the update is having anything to do with it or is there just more traffic on those sites right now as the services have not been available for the last few hours and that now more folks are pilling in right now to see if it's working.

I will try again later to see if it's any faster.

Everything seems to be running again. No reboot, No changes at all.
Even the unavailable Dailymotion app is still there.

Last edited:
Just got home so going to try mine, any info on what was updated? Hope they updated the DX902 to HDR10 and DV 🤣

Watched an hour or so of Netflix today and it has sped up now getting 5-7mbps and quality is fine.

Can't say what difference the update has made though, does anyone know of any improvements?

Just got home so going to try mine, any info on what was updated? Hope they updated the DX902 to HDR10 and DV 🤣

Not sure they updated anything our end, it was network maintenance.

What I wrote in the 1st post seems to be right:

My own bet is that it is a server update / migration which is important to Panasonic for security / capacity / performance issues but there won't be any noticeable change from the customer/TV owner point of view.

I can't see anything different. No Disney+ either.

Maybe Panasonic have put the backend support for new HbbTV 2.0.2 (TS 102 796 V1.5.1) release, that has next generation audio support.
hbbtv.org specs

Integration of HbbTV with
– High Dynamic Range (HDR) video • both PQ10 and HLG
– High Frame Rate (HFR) video • e.g. 100Hz or 120Hz
– Next Generation Audio (NGA) • Both AC-4 and MPEG-H audio
– HbbTV doesn't require any of these • Up to national, broadcaster or operator specs to require them

Panasonic IPTV apps use HTML 5, on the GZ apps store under Lifestyle & More, they have developer apps, and open source code to download.

See Develop Applications for Panasonic IPTV | Panasonic IPTV Apps DEVELOPERS

Panasonic Smart TV Apps DEVELOPERS seems to use the old HbbTV 2.0.1 spec

Last edited:
Let it free to install OUR apps .It's only a code

This maybe a coincidence, since the Network services 2020 Maintenance took place I am having a problem with my streaming devices loosing the network connection and requests a username and password (see photo). The only way to get the streaming device working is to turn off the power to the TV and then power on the TV and the device is then recognised and works. Anyone else having similar problems with network streaming devices? or is there a solution to this problem?

Attachments

• wdtvlivenetwork.jpg
    wdtvlivenetwork.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 106
I don't know if it's a coincidence but since the maintenance YouTube is freezing when a advert starts.
It did that a while back but the last few months I've had no problems.
It seems to be a lot worse now.

Since the server update now the Deezer app launches as web app plus its 1/3 size see attached screenshot. All other apps are fine, I uninstalled and re-installed the app but still, the issue remains! Anyone else experiences this with Deezer app?

ScreenShot_1.jpeg

Just to update I have yet to hear back from Panasonic support however Deezer support are saying their app no longer supported by pana
Since the server update now the Deezer app launches as web app plus its 1/3 size see attached screenshot. All other apps are fine, I uninstalled and re-installed the app but still, the issue remains! Anyone else experiences this with Deezer app?

View attachment 1310087
Okay got an update from both Deezer and Panasonic on this issue.

According to Deezer something Panasonice did with server maintenance on the 26th May has caused this issue, they also say the app is not officially supported by Deezer anymore. They are still looking into it, but cannot guarantee they will come up with a fix. However they do say they are working on a new TV app, they do not have a release date yet but we’ll announce it as soon as its available.

Panasonic support got back to me today they have referred the issue with guys in Japan and hope to come up with a fix in the next software update.

This maybe a coincidence, since the Network services 2020 Maintenance took place I am having a problem with my streaming devices loosing the network connection and requests a username and password (see photo). The only way to get the streaming device working is to turn off the power to the TV and then power on the TV and the device is then recognised and works. Anyone else having similar problems with network streaming devices? or is there a solution to this problem?

We get the same here. It drops wifi connection regularly when using apps post update - never an issue before.Requires the TV to be turned off at the power and connection to be re-made. Good to hear I’m not the only one with this...

Well I'm not getting any network connection dropouts for any of the apps post the update but I have noticed on my GZ2000 it prefers the 5Ghz band over 2.4Ghz for stable connection, so maybe you guys want to make sure it's on that band.

The latest update I've got from Panasonic support regarding the Deezer app issue is that their tech guys in Japan are still looking into it with a possible fix on the next software update.

Well I'm not getting any network connection dropouts for any of the apps post the update but I have noticed on my GZ2000 it prefers the 5Ghz band over 2.4Ghz for stable connection, so maybe you guys want to make sure it's on that band.

The latest update I've got from Panasonic support regarding the Deezer app issue is that their tech guys in Japan are still looking into it with a possible fix on the next software update.
Thanks for that tip. Will give it a try today. Is that something I change via the tv network connection screen?

Thanks for that tip. Will give it a try today. Is that something I change via the tv network connection screen?
There isn't a band selection on Network connection per se but what you can do is when you go to list of available networks you can see it state what band they are on 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz

My TV is a 7 year old L55WT50 and had both the market place message and then this week a firmware update for the TV ,the Panasonic web page refers to network improvements. I did have sound dropouts using the built in media player via DLNA which now seem to have disappeared.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom