Question Panasonic DMP-UB900 - Internet asks for Country but it's not listed

Lourens99

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
so I decided to connect the player to my WiFi today but after the connection was established, I got a list of countries to choose from that did not include the normal ones. Countries such as Iceland Norway, Luxembourg, Germany, Netherlands and a few others are listed.

How does this choice influence the player's behavior? My country, South Africa, is not listed but even America and the UK is not on the list.

I am just afraid that choosing one of the listed countries might lock the player to a specific setting/region.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Hi,
so I decided to connect the player to my WiFi today but after the connection was established, I got a list of countries to choose from that did not include the normal ones. Countries such as Iceland Norway, Luxembourg, Germany, Netherlands and a few others are listed.

How does this choice influence the player's behavior? My country, South Africa, is not listed but even America and the UK is not on the list.

I am just afraid that choosing one of the listed countries might lock the player to a specific setting/region.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Sounds like you've got an EU model from the list of countries. From the maps on this site Region Codes | Blu-ray & DVD Region Codes Explained South Africa is the same DVD and blu-ray region as Europe so region shouldn't be affected by anything you do. UHD is region free.

I suspect as you got the list of countries after connecting it to the internet that this may be to do with online services available by country. As South Africa isn't listed it may be you won't be able to access any services. Or it may be trying to set country to determine what firmware updates are suitable for your player. Or it may be using country to set the time zone for the country you are in.

Do you get any other messages when doing this?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom