Panasonic DMR-BW780 DIGA epg

arrow707

Standard Member
Reaction score
I’ve just purchased one of these, quite pleased with it, except for the DIGA panel on the epg. It wastes space and I would sooner have a small version of the channel I’m tuned to on there while I’m scrolling through. What is it’s purpose and is there any way to remove it? Are all newer Panasonic recorders like this?
Also still can’t get my hw130 to output on hdmi to anything except the tv.

You are stuck with it unfortunately.

It is an example of one or two critically stupid ideas that designers have had foisted on them by commercial pressures.

Regarding your HDMI query which is here:

HDMI is principally a security interface designed to kill the output whenever the system detects anything connected which it regards as a potential security leak.

It can remember connected equipment and thereafter refuse to output to them whether spuriously or not.

In such cases where it is believed it should work, the HDMI interfaces of all connected equipment needs to be reset.

This is achieved by disconnecting all equipment from the mains for a small period so that all stored registered refusals are cleared.

If your connections are legitimate they should work after such treatment.

Last edited:
You are stuck with it unfortunately.

It is an example of one or two critically stupid ideas that designers have had foisted on them by commercial pressures.

Regarding your HDMI query which is here:

HDMI is principally a security interface designed to kill the output whenever the system detects anything connected which it regards as a potential security leak.

It can remember connected equipment and thereafter refuse to output to them whether spuriously or not.

In such cases where it is believed it should work, the HDMI interfaces of all connected equipment needs to be reset.

This is achieved by disconnecting all equipment from the mains for a small period so that all stored registered refusals are cleared.

If your connections are legitimate they should work after such treatment.
Thanks for your reply, Gavtech. Re the hwt130 hdmi output, I’ve tried what you recommend didn’t work. I’ll now rephrase the question;

I also have a pwt420 this works with no problems through a 4x2 switch or a hdmi to scart convertor. I seem to remember the
hwt 130 used to work through the down converter. What could be the difference between the two machines. I want to get a few things of the hwt130 before I delete from the hdd, obviously via the hdmi to scart convertor just low def copies to ex769. Now the feature I like about the hwt130 is the remote recording facility....could it be since it’s been connected via lan the software has been updated restricting the type of hdmi device that it will output to.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom