Panasonic DMR EX77 replacement - suggestions?

pb_devon

Standard Member
Reaction score
My venerable (9 years old) DMR EX77 now has the sound bleed through mentioned in other posts. I see from other threads this is not easily solvable (well some have, but I certainly won't attempt it!).
I'm asking the community for suggestions for a replacement. I think the current equivalent by Panasonic is the DMR EX97.
I'm requiring simple recording of TV programmes, creating DVD copies, playing DVD. A secondary desire is to connect an old VHS player (SCART only) for archiving tapes to DVD.
The connected TV is a Panasonic.
I'd be very grateful for any advice you could give me.
Many thanks.

Get the Panasonic DMR-EX97 for £240. It has a 500gb HD. I have had it for more than a year and am very pleased with it. The remote has 2 buttons which makes deleting commercials even simpler. One button is for -10secs manual skip and another is for +60secs.

@pb_devon Please note that analogue capability ( i.e. the ability to input sources such as VHS via scart) ...is a thing of the past and cannot be found on any current machine - including the EX97.

If you really need that capability your only option is to buy second-hand machines that still had that facility.

Thank you Gavtech. At my advanced age, most things I want to do are "things in the past"!!
I take your point though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom