Panasonic DMR-EX97 Recorder - Lost HD channels

@Gavtech
It is a (very small) possibility that there is something amiss with your DVDR -
Don't forget that OP has a problem with both his TV and his recorder. IMHO it is extremely unlikely that both devices would fail with the same symptoms at pretty much the same time. This leads me to believe that the problem must be signal related. I wonder if the communal aerial and its associated distribution amp's gain is turned up too high, thus causing clipping 'at that end'. But
I had this checked out yesterday by the aerial company but they said that the signal was fine.
So I'm beginning to wonder how 'fine' 'fine' is?
and it didn't pick up any HD channels and CH 30 shows 100% Signal Level and 0% Signal Quality.
Seems like OP is on Xtal Palace as CH30 is BBCB and there is no CH30 on BH. (According to UK Free, that well known purveyor of untruths)

@Sony65 Please ignore all the above. It's a load of bullstuff and is just me trying to be funny with silly quips.

And just as a matter of interest, I have exactly the same problem as you. But I am pretty certain that I know what's causing mine.

@Gavtech Don't forget that OP has a problem with both his TV and his recorder. IMHO it is extremely unlikely that both devices would fail with the same symptoms at pretty much the same time.
My reason for saying that - even though I do not think it is likely to be the problem, was that the DVDR is in the aerial feed before the TV and could have been imposing some corruption / interference on certain parts of the waveband. Very unlikely - but RF is funny stuff - as you know.

But it is vital to get the signal down to below the 100% threshold before even trying to figure out any other problems - if they remain.

He did already (Post #25), but it made little difference, which is why I wondered about the communal aerial setup. I wonder if any of the neighbours are having similar problems.

He did already (Post #25), but it made little difference, which is why I wondered about the communal aerial setup. I wonder if any of the neighbours are having similar problems.
Sorry - I missed that post.

Now that the over-signal problem has been eliminated, the problem symptoms look exactly like HDMI interference.

Any attached HDMI device should be tried with alternative HDMI leads. and/ or substituting better screened UHF flyleads... and checking as you suggest with neighbours to determine the state of their reception.

HDMI like you suggested at post #3, never to be mentioned again.
Shall we carry on talking amongst ourselves Gav, or draw a line under it here? :rotfl: 😍

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom