Answered Panasonic DMR-HWT150EB Freeveiw Recorder

Mark247

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a DMR-HWT150E freeveiw recorder, I have it in my holiday home which has site provided WiFi. I do however need to log into and out of the WiFi using the built in internet browser, but the browser will not open unless I am on the internet, I can't get on to the internet unless I open the browser and log in. Is there any way around this?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

I have a DMR-HWT150E freeveiw recorder, I have it in my holiday home which has site provided WiFi. I do however need to log into and out of the WiFi using the built in internet browser, but the browser will not open unless I am on the internet, I can't get on to the internet unless I open the browser and log in. Is there any way around this?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

If you have a laptop with windows you can log that in and share the connection wirelessly with the TV.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027762/windows-use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Thanks for the reply, I’ll give it a go at the weekend.

I had the same situation on Holiday in Rhodes this summer. There was no WiFi in the rooms but one location had WiFi from the reception area below. Logging on the laptop as described gave me mobile access throughout the suite.

My Grandson was very impressed :)

Thanks for your help. I've tried the WiFi shearing at home tonight, it seems the laptop becomes a router. At the holiday park I'm paying £65 for six months WiFi but can only connect one device at a time, each device needs to be logged in and then logged out before another device is connected.

I'm guessing if I log the laptop in, other devices, it appears up to eight, can use the laptop as a router. I'll try it this weekend.

Have a look at the TPLink Nano router TL-WR802N. It allows one connection to feed multiple clients AND it's as cheap as chips at <£20 (for what it is).

Thanks for your help. I've tried the WiFi shearing at home tonight, it seems the laptop becomes a router. At the holiday park I'm paying £65 for six months WiFi but can only connect one device at a time, each device needs to be logged in and then logged out before another device is connected.

I'm guessing if I log the laptop in, other devices, it appears up to eight, can use the laptop as a router. I'll try it this weekend.

Correct, it will of course slow down the speed if more than one device is sharing the bandwidth at the same time. I have a travel router but using it to share a single source you have to verify using a web browser involves messing with MAC addresses. Using a laptop is much easier.

If you have a laptop with windows you can log that in and share the connection wirelessly with the TV.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027762/windows-use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Gave this a go at the weekend with mixed results. I can't connect the Panasonic PVR to the laptop, it gives an authentication time out error. I've connected the PVR at home on my home router no problem. I also connected the PVR to my wife's Samsung phone using 4g tethering when the laptop connection failed, no problem.

However, I wanted to connect the PVR to use Netflix and iPlayers, I took a spare fire TV stick and a now TV box with me and managed to connect both up to the laptop so I've now got Netflix, iPlayers and Sky so better than what I was aiming for. I'll just use the PVR as a recorder.

Also as an added bonus there is no more waiting for who's turn is it to use the internet, we can all use it at the same time. Also we never got WiFi in the back bedroom but do now via the laptop.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom