Panasonic DP-UB150 Locked in 4K mode - Can it be reset?

Fly_Boy_Rez

Standard Member
Reaction score
I recently bought this Blu Ray player from Richer Sounds and tested it on a frineds TV and all was well. The reason I tested it on his TV is because I am an expat in Singapore and bought the player on a business trip (all my discs are region B / Zone B and getting a Blu Ray player in singapore that will play them is rather expensive)

I've now returned to Singapore to find the player is not sending a signal to either my TV (720p Pioneer PDP-436 XDE... I know!) or my computer screen and I suspect it has set itself up for 4K output based on the first TV it connected to.

Has anyone else come across this? I've searched online and found there is a Factory Reset procedure which says to:

① While the unit is on Press and hold [EJECT] on the main unit and the [0] on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds.– POWER LED starts to flash, and “00 RET” is displayed on the screen.
② Press [>] (right) repeatedly on the remote control until “08 FIN” is displayed on the screen.
③ Press and hold [OK] for more than 5 seconds.

The trouble is this a procedure assumes there is a video signal being sent to the panel to be able to see "00RET" & "08FIN".

Thanks in advance!

I would contact Panasonic for help, but I suspect that you're going to have to connect it to another 4K TV in order to sort this out. Why not take it back to the RicherSounds shop where you bought the player and see if they can help?

Clem

① While the unit is on Press and hold [EJECT] on the main unit and the [0] on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds.– POWER LED starts to flash, and “00 RET” is displayed on the screen.
② Press [>] (right) repeatedly on the remote control until “08 FIN” is displayed on the screen.
③ Press and hold [OK] for more than 5 seconds.

The trouble is this a procedure assumes there is a video signal being sent to the panel to be able to see "00RET" & "08FIN".

Thanks in advance!
for step one, the flashing power LED means you are at 00 RET
for step two, try an iterative trial and error of pressing right repeatedly and then press and hold OK for the 5 seconds. Start at 2 right presses, OK and give it time to do the reset; if no good then start again and do 3 presses, OK etc; and so on. For my UB820 it's 2 right presses to get 08 FIN, I've seen 4 or 5 mentioned for other Panasonic players.
I would contact Panasonic for help, but I suspect that you're going to have to connect it to another 4K TV in order to sort this out. Why not take it back to the RicherSounds shop where you bought the player and see if they can help?
Because he is now in Singapore....;)

If the above suggestion doesn't work connecting to another 4K TV should, as you suggest, do the job.
I suspect the HDMI resolution has been set to 4K rather than auto. I had a similar problem once with a player set to 1080p when moving it to a 720p TV. Luckily the fix involved no more than connecting it to the original TV in another room and changing the resolution.

Last edited:
Ah sorry, I missed the bit where the OP was still in Singapore.

Clem

for step one, the flashing power LED means you are at 00 RET
for step two, try an iterative trial and error of pressing right repeatedly and then press and hold OK for the 5 seconds. Start at 2 right presses, OK and give it time to do the reset; if no good then start again and do 3 presses, OK etc; and so on. For my UB820 it's 2 right presses to get 08 FIN, I've seen 4 or 5 mentioned for other Panasonic players.

Because he is now in Singapore....;)

If the above suggestion doesn't work connecting to another 4K TV should, as you suggest, do the job.
I suspect the HDMI resolution has been set to 4K rather than auto. I had a similar problem once with a player set to 1080p when moving it to a 720p TV. Luckily the fix involved no more than connecting it to the original TV in another room and changing the resolution.

Doug, You're a star! Thank you!

Tried it with two right presses and then holding down OK for 5 seconds as advised and it worked a charm!

Same problem but with ub420 Panasonic
Combination of Ok,yellow and blue its working but nothing happen with bluray
Only succes after some combination its tray open :) (06FTO works)
Hard reset not working(08FIN)
Any ideas guys?
8 plus blue button not working too

Last edited:
Same problem but with ub420 Panasonic
Combination of Ok,yellow and blue its working but nothing happen with bluray
Only succes after some combination its tray open :) (06FTO works)
Hard reset not working(08FIN)
Any ideas guys?
8 plus blue button not working too
Do you mean 08FIN is displaying? or that it is not displaying?

To return all settings to the factory preset.
Reset the unit as follows:
1 While the unit is on
Press and hold [OK], the yellow button and the blue button on the remote control at the
same time for more than 5 seconds.
– POWER LED starts to flash, and “00 RET” is displayed on the screen.
2 Press [1] (right) repeatedly on the remote control until “08 FIN” is displayed on the
screen.
3 Press and hold [OK] for more than 5 seconds.

Not at all
Nothing
08FIN code not working
Optical output and CD Music ok
(Ub420 is piece without visible counter only front red diode )
Any info how to program new firmware to bd unit via computer and cable USB ?

Last edited:
Not at all
Nothing
08FIN code not working
Optical output and CD Music ok
(Ub420 is piece without visible counter only front red diode )
Any info how to program new firmware to bd unit via computer and cable USB ?
Service Panasonic diagnose- „mainboard PC faulty”

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom