Panasonic DP-UB820 and surround sound headphones?

ThatGuy11200

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying Razer Tiamat 7.1 V2 headphones for my computer. They have four 3.5mm connectors, for the Front L/R, Side L/R, Rear L/R and Center/Subwoofer channels. I was wondering if, using 3.5mm to RCA splitters, I could attach them to the 4K player in place of an actual surround sound system.

cheers @goinggoinggong perhaps the answer is some sort of adapter for my wired and blue tooth headset that plugs into the UB820's existing sound outputs?

cheers @goinggoinggong perhaps the answer is some sort of adapter for my wired and blue tooth headset that plugs into the UB820's existing sound outputs?
I've no experience of this so what follows is a guess.
Plugging your 3.5mm into a pair of RCA should be simple enough to get something..
The main problem is the RCA output of the UB820 is designed to go into an amplifier and so will probably not have enough voltage to drive your headphones well. So you'ld likely need a headphone amp. And most headphone amps are 2 channel only...:(.

Last edited:
thanks for the help, currently my ub820 goes into a soundbar, but I wish that had a headphone out but it doesn't.

I was trying to avoid another box (amp) plus probably speakers from an already packed space.

Agree with the above. There's no conventional headphone jack on the player which is the norm so any headphone option would be by using the analogue which would still need either a headphone amp from the stereo pair of line-outs, or by using the attached AV amp. That still means a stereo signal. I think, to be honest, that 5.1 in headphones is a bit of a gimmick and you'd be better off spending the money on a quality pair of open back headphones for listening to film and TV.

noob question but how much for a small cheap headphone amp? and what headphones do people recommend for film viewing?

thanks for the help, currently my ub820 goes into a soundbar, but I wish that had a headphone out but it doesn't.

I was trying to avoid another box (amp) plus probably speakers from an already packed space.
Headphone amps are not huge by any means. Mine is only 120mm wide, 320mm deep and 52mm high and that's one of the bigger ones.

noob question but how much for a small cheap headphone amp? and what headphones do people recommend for film viewing?
Open back headphones as these will give a wider soundstage and that's what I use for late night listening. The Project Head Box S2 is a very good amp and has a small footprint. It has both a 6.3mm and 3.5mm jack so is able to accept a wide range of headphones.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom