Panasonic DP-UB820EB, DP-UB420EB and DP-UB320EB Owners Thread

Just set up my new UB820 player. I can finally watch my 4K Discs in Dolby Vision and HDR10+. My receiver will only pass through HDR10, so I connected it directly to the TV, with the second HDMI (Audio) going into my receiver for Atmos and DTS:X.

Might have a little play with the HD Optimiser this afternoon.

Looking at maybe getting one of the new Denon 8K receivers to replace my Yamaha. The AVR-X2700H will probably be good enough for my 5.1.2 system.
I'm doing exactly the same, just ordered the UB820 and upgrading my Denon X2200W to the X2700H. The Denon will actually pass through 4k, but not HDR10+ or DV, SO X2700H seems like a neat solution so all my inputs (ATV4K, PS4, SKYQ) have the capacity to do so as well as the UB820.

I'm trying to connect the Panasonic to my library on a nas4free samba server without succede :(
I'm sure that the credential are right, the same that I use on Volumio or my pc.
Someone could help me?
I just had a quick look it doesn't even see my server(linux) but it does see one of my pc's and it will play a file, may look into it further over the weekend.

I just had a quick look it doesn't even see my server(linux) but it does see one of my pc's and it will play a file, may look into it further over the weekend.
Thank you

I'm trying to connect the Panasonic to my library on a nas4free samba server without succede :(
I'm sure that the credential are right, the same that I use on Volumio or my pc.
Someone could help me?
finally got SMB to work:) go to,
Player Settings--Network Settings--Remote Device Settings--Change Registration type to "Manual"-- Remote Device list(check that the mac address for your device is listed and has Enable next to it.
Then go to main menu "Home Network"---Network Drive--Select appropriate (Video ect)--Add a network drive and enter credentials, I found that although the correct "Shared Folder Name" in my server was say /mnt/xxxx/yyy what I needed to enter was just the name of the folder i was looking for so I have a folder called action that's what I put in.

Hope this helps

Player Settings--Network Settings--Remote Device Settings--Change Registration type to "Manual"-- Remote Device list(check that the mac address for your device is listed and has Enable next to it.
Then go to main menu "Home Network"---Network Drive--Select appropriate (Video ect)--Add a network drive and enter credentials, I found that although the correct "Shared Folder Name" in my server was say /mnt/xxxx/yyy what I needed to enter was just the name of the folder i was looking for so I have a folder called action that's what I put in.

Hope this helps
Tomorrow I'll come back home and I'll try. Thank you!

Hi guys need some help please.
Up till today everything with this player and my LG C9 has been as it should be.
But for some reason today I'm not getting HDR /DV from the player only 4k SDR.
I have changed the cable with apple 4k tv and fire stick all good so not cable.
Deep colour is on the c9 so all good there. DV is on the 820.
I have tried everything I can think of.
Any help appreciated.

I’ve noticed a bunch of boxes have different model names like just UB820, UB820P-K, UB820EB-K what’s the difference?

Also got mine today is there any links I should check for setting etc

It can be made region free via an enhanced firmware upgrade. Just google region freedom.
Their website asks you to fill out a form with a developer contribution or monetary contribution. Any idea how much you're supposed to donate?

Difficult one. I’d start at £30 and take it from there.

Hope this helps
I tried several times/different folder names, but no luck. Maybe the problem is that I use NAs4Free

I tried several times/different folder names, but no luck. Maybe the problem is that I use NAs4Free
Possibly, do you see the mac address for your server in the list?
What device is your server on?

I got my UB820 on Sunday, and after fiddling with settings last night I finally got it to output right on my Samsung Q7FN 65". It will correctly send sound via audio out HDMI to my Denon X4500h and correctly sends the picture direct to the TV via video out HDMI (since the Denon won't pass through HDR10+).

HDMI settings in order top to bottom...
Automatic
4K(50p/60p) 4:4:4
Automatic
Automatic
Audio only
Off
On
Advanced settings...
YCbCr (automatic)
Auto (12bit Priority)
HDR/BT.2020 (Auto)
On
Automatic
Super High Luminance LCD (Q7FN has peak brightness of 2268 nits, so perhaps this should be set to OLED even though it's not an OLED panel?)
Automatic
automatic
On
Off

All hunky dory. But now I'm trying to setup netflix and screen goes blank. I press the internet button, navigate to Netflix, press ok on the remote and the screen goes blank. 'NET' does appear on the front of the player but no picture. I've tried turning the TV off and on again in case the TV isn't recognising a change in video signal, but no, doesn't do anything. I press home to try and get back but to the home screen but still no picture and LCD display still says 'NET'. Tried the open/close button to check it isn't a menu thing that I can't see to accept (e.g. 'are you sure you want to quit'), but that won't open the drive. Only when to rescue this is to turn the panny off and back on again.

As well as the things mentioned above, I've tried switching from wireless to ethernet in case it was something odd with the network but that doesn't help either. I had a search for 'crash' in this thread and couldn't find anything so perhaps it's only my unit? Have checked firmware update and that is all up to date.

For netflix the above happens, can't even get to login page
For Amazon Prime the app opens and I could log in and browse, but if I try to play anything I get the spinning loading icon for 30 seconds or so and then a pop-up of 'Something went wrong, please try again later'

Anyone else had this?

I got my UB820 on Sunday, and after fiddling with settings last night I finally got it to output right on my Samsung Q7FN 65". It will correctly send sound via audio out HDMI to my Denon X4500h and correctly sends the picture direct to the TV via video out HDMI (since the Denon won't pass through HDR10+).

Automatic
Automatic
Automatic
Audio only
Off
On
Advanced settings...
YCbCr (automatic)
Auto (12bit Priority)
HDR/BT.2020 (Auto)
On
Automatic
Super High Luminance LCD (Q7FN has peak brightness of 2268 nits, so perhaps this should be set to OLED even though it's not an OLED panel?)
Automatic
automatic
On
Off

All hunky dory. But now I'm trying to setup netflix and screen goes blank. I press the internet button, navigate to Netflix, press ok on the remote and the screen goes blank. 'NET' does appear on the front of the player but no picture. I've tried turning the TV off and on again in case the TV isn't recognising a change in video signal, but no, doesn't do anything. I press home to try and get back but to the home screen but still no picture and LCD display still says 'NET'. Tried the open/close button to check it isn't a menu thing that I can't see to accept (e.g. 'are you sure you want to quit'), but that won't open the drive. Only when to rescue this is to turn the panny off and back on again.

As well as the things mentioned above, I've tried switching from wireless to ethernet in case it was something odd with the network but that doesn't help either. I had a search for 'crash' in this thread and couldn't find anything so perhaps it's only my unit? Have checked firmware update and that is all up to date.

For Amazon Prime the app opens and I could log in and browse, but if I try to play anything I get the spinning loading icon for 30 seconds or so and then a pop-up of 'Something went wrong, please try again later'

Anyone else had this?
Can you access anything via the network (wired or wireless)?
What does your network diagnostics show?

Automatic
Automatic
Automatic
Audio only
Off
On
Advanced settings...
YCbCr (automatic)
Auto (12bit Priority)
HDR/BT.2020 (Auto)
On
Automatic
Automatic
automatic
On
Off

Anyone else had this?
Out of interest is Dolby vision set to off ?

Can you access anything via the network (wired or wireless)?
What does your network diagnostics show?
Thanks for the thought, but yes, that was all fine. But finally fixed it. I had to reset the settings to default and it seemed to update the options in the first HDMI menu option as it looked different when dialing things back in again. Selected Automatic again and whatever it was, it's working again.

So now logged into Netflix, Prime and YouTube and able to watch them all. any ideas how to get the Atmos signals to pass through from these apps where present in content (e.g. Our Planet on Netflix?). Denon only picks up DD+

Thanks for the thought, but yes, that was all fine. But finally fixed it. I had to reset the settings to default and it seemed to update the options in the first HDMI menu option as it looked different when dialing things back in again. Selected Automatic again and whatever it was, it's working again.

So now logged into Netflix, Prime and YouTube and able to watch them all. any ideas how to get the Atmos signals to pass through from these apps where present in content (e.g. Our Planet on Netflix?). Denon only picks up DD+
I'm pretty sure you have to set the audio out to bitstream, when you press the info button on the Denon remote what does it say on screen?

I had the same issue when setting the 12-bit thing. Happened on my Samsung KS7000 but I put it down to just being a 10-bit panel. I tried it again on my GZ950 and the same thing happened. Set it to 10-bit and it came back on. Luckily I'd remained on the setting and blinding button-pressing worked
That's going through an AVR though.

What's the best way to stream .mkv backup files on my UB820? I want to see if the HDR Optimizer does a better job than my Nvidia Shield when playing non disc files.

I can't seem to map a drive.

What's the best way to stream .mkv backup files on my UB820? I want to see if the HDR Optimizer does a better job than my Nvidia Shield when playing non disc files.

I can't seem to map a drive.
I posted on here a few posts ago it might help. That said I have a shield and prefer the shield I think it does a better job particularly when using Kodi.

Yeah I think the shield will definitely better just wanted to direct compare the HDR optimiser.

When I play thought USB I get no sound...

Yeah I think the shield will definitely better just wanted to direct compare the HDR optimiser.

When I play thought USB I get no sound...
Have you tried the USB port at the rear if the player it works better.

Still didn't work, I might just leave it and only use it for disks and use the shield for rips, just wish it did dolby vision.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom