Panasonic DP-UB9000 or Pioneer UDP-LX500

scubadoo

Established Member
Reaction score
If you had to choose what would you go for?

Amp is a Yamaha RXA-2070 with 5.1.4 setup - probably looking at a JVC N5 projector when they are released.

Cheers
Dave

Other people would help you better although from what I've read the Pioneer is the superior unit.
It comes down to what you're after, your requirements.

If you had to choose what would you go for?

Amp is a Yamaha RXA-2070 with 5.1.4 setup - probably looking at a JVC N5 projector when they are released.

Cheers
Dave
If you don't need SACD or DVD-A playback ability, Panasonic UB9000
If you do need SACD or DVD-A playback ability, Pioneer LX500.

Also depends when you want to get one. In the UK the LX500 seems to be out of stock everywhere with some sellers showing due autumn. The UB9000 is available now

As @doug56hl has said if you don't want SACD playback then get the now slightly cheaper Panasonic. It's also worth noting that the promised HDR10+ firmware update on the LX500 is now almost two years overdue and I'm honestly beginning to think that it will never arrive. PQ wise the LX500 is very good indeed although some peer to peer reviews have the Panasonic edging the PQ side of things. Audio playback on the LX500 is stunning and it is certainly the best multi channel SACD player I've owned.

I’ve owned both and there’s a lot to admire in the build quality along with the PQ and SQ of the Pioneer, however I found it hard to accept that something so expensive didn’t have built in wi-fi and when it started having semi regular problems with disc playback I swapped it for the Panasonic.

Although not as battleship like in how it’s built Panny has been faultless in operation since I’ve had it so I haven’t regretted changing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom