Panasonic DVD players region free hack - Part 2

Bald Monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Repeating my question from the previous thread:

I somehow got blocked at firmwareinfo as well, even though I hadn't done anything yet (I had not even sent in an application). I registered last weekend. The only thing I can think of that would trigger this was that I fixed a typo in my model number (I accidentally wrote GE instead of EG for the region). As soon as I did this, my account was disabled. I promise nothing malicious was intended, it was a simple typo. I double-checked when I was preparing my application in order to make sure I followed the rules exactly, noticed the error and corrected it.

The account name is the same as this one (TheBlackCat). I sent an email to the support address last weekened (edit: now almost 3 weeks ago) but never heard back, and the account is still gone and the email address still blocked.

As the info for a DVD only region hack is likely to get lost, I'll repost the info someone else left in the old thread in this post on a one-for-all region free hack:
With thanks to all who have posted solutions on the previous 37 pages Thanks left where I've used some of the article contents.

I've managed the hack on my DMREX-87 (Model suffix EC1K) which is a French/German Panasonic DVD recorder with a URC-3440 remote.

The dvd code was only 4 digits
The key codes are 6 digits

I used the following procedure:

1. Press DVD
2. Hold Magic button until led flashes twice
3. Press 0490 to program panasonic dvd code (note 4 digits only) led flashes twice

4. Hold magic until led flashes twice
5. Press 994
6. press magic (don't hold)
7. press 001911 (This sets value 00191 to button 1) led flashes twice

8. Hold magic until led flashes twice
9. Press 994
10. press magic (don't hold)
11. press 001202 (This sets value 00120 to button 2) led flashes twice

12. Hold magic until led flashes twice
13. Press 994
14. press magic (don't hold)
15. press 000653 (This sets value 00065 to button 3) led flashes twice

16. Hold magic until led flashes twice
17. Press 994
18. press magic (don't hold)
19. press 001804 (This sets value 00180 to button 4) led flashes twice

20. Hold magic until led flashes twice
21. Press 994
22. press magic (don't hold)
23. press 001435 (This sets value 00143 to button 5) led flashes twice

24. Hold magic until led flashes twice
25. Press 994
26. press magic (don't hold)
27. press 001556 (This sets value 00155 to button 6) led flashes twice

28. Hold magic until led flashes twice
29. Press 994
30. press magic (don't hold)
31. press 001227 (This sets value 00122 to button 7) led flashes twice

32. Hold magic until led flashes twice
33. Press 994
34. press magic (don't hold)
35. press 001178 (This sets value 00117 to button 8) led flashes twice

36. Hold magic until led flashes twice
37. Press 994
38. press magic (don't hold)
39. press 001299 (This sets value 00129 to button 9) led flashes twice

40. Hold magic until led flashes twice
41. Press 994
42. press magic (don't hold)
43. press 001230 (This sets value 00123 to button 0) led flashes twice

44. turn on the DVD
45. ensure drawer is closed
46. press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0 on the URC-3440 in succession.
Player will restart and you will be region free.
I had to unplug and leave for a minute then plug the power in again as the record button on the front of the dvd player was unresponsive. However now the player is region free and plays my region 1 and region 2 discs OK, recording works the same as before

Thanks to everyones assistance on this forum, I've managaed to multi region my original wharfedale, two Sony blu-players and now my Panasonic dvd recorder

I've not tried it myself, but I believe that it works on the blu-ray players as well. Note that this is for making the DVD part region free and not Blu-Ray.

Model application example for firmwareinfo.com

Complete device model name: DMP-BDT110EB-K (This will and MUST have three capital letters at the end)
MAC address for the wired ethernet port: 12-34-56-78-AB-CD
Installed firmware version: 1.68
Desired enhanced firmware version: 1.68A
Expectations: Disabled UOC, Multi-Region DVD/Blu-Ray, Enhanced AV Options. (Write in your own words.)
Does your TV support NTSC input signals via HDMI ? Yes
Does your TV support PAL input signals via HDMI ? Yes

Top Tips for your Application:
1) Don't ask any questions, you'll get banned. Stick to the application only.
2) Use upper case for all replies above 'expectations'.
3) Only write expectations that are advertised as available for your player.
4) Ensure you add 'A' after the enhanced firmware version you require.
5) Same as 1) DON'T ASK ANY QUESTIONS!!!!
6) Cross your fingers, pray to whomever you worship, get your lucky charms out.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Repeating my question from the previous thread:

I somehow got blocked at firmwareinfo as well, even though I hadn't done anything yet (I had not even sent in an application).

Application Procedure for firmwareinfo.com

1) Discover and note all information needed for your application. (wired mac address, current firmware version, player model designation.
2) Register on firmware info, entering all profile information correctly. (Any errors will cause you to be banned.)
3) IMMEDIATELY, send the application by personal message. (Any delay will cause you to be banned.)
4) After receiving a reply, IMMEDIATELY make the required donation following the instructions given. DO NOT make any reference to the donation being payment for enhanced firmware. DO include the username created in 2) and any other information requested (Any delay will cause you to be banned. Any deviation from the donation instructions, will result in your donation being refunded and you being banned)
5) Receive personal message with link to your personal enhanced firmware.

Congratulations.

That was my mistake. I got accepted, but didn'y my the donation straight away, now i'm banned and they have blocked my IP address.

They deleted my account, and the reason given was "We do not currently accept new applications". So don't bother applying. Unfortunately there is no indication of this anywhere on the site, as far as the site shows it is business as usual.

Can someone with a working hack firm firmware.info tell me when to give the key combination in. I have a DMP111 & it always starts in the home menu. When I press "OK" it takes me to the setup menu & won't let me put the numbers in. When i put a "wrong-region" blu-ray in & am in the wrong region screen, I cannot give in all the numbers.
I, stupidly, asked for support from firmware & got booted.

They deleted my account, and the reason given was "We do not currently accept new applications". So don't bother applying. Unfortunately there is no indication of this anywhere on the site, as far as the site shows it is business as usual.

"We do not currently accept new applications" is a standard e-mail he sends to people who don't follow the instructions. All I can suggest is to try again in a couple of months.

Can someone with a working hack firm firmware.info tell me when to give the key combination in. I have a DMP111 & it always starts in the home menu. When I press "OK" it takes me to the setup menu & won't let me put the numbers in. When i put a "wrong-region" blu-ray in & am in the wrong region screen, I cannot give in all the numbers.
I, stupidly, asked for support from firmware & got booted.

I have a DMP110 and the following works for me:

1) Remove any discs from the player.
2) Power off and on.
3) As soon as the player has loaded the initial home screen, enter 2708 + (desired blu-ray region) + (desired dvd region), then click OK
4) Your player should reboot and be configured with the settings you had entered.

"We do not currently accept new applications" is a standard e-mail he sends to people who don't follow the instructions. All I can suggest is to try again in a couple of months.

I followed the instructions exactly. I really don't get it. It seems strange to me that someone would make it as difficult as possible for people to give him or her money.

I bought a panasonic blu-ray player specifically because it was the only one that can be unlocked without a hardware mod. They device is completely and totally useless to me if I cannot play region 1 DVDs on it. I guess I will have to see if the remote unlocking will work at least for DVDs.

I followed the instructions exactly. I really don't get it. It seems strange to me that someone would make it as difficult as possible for people to give him or her money.

It appears you didn't follow 2) and probably 3) of my application procedure. And yes, his attitude does resemble a certain infamous Austrian somewhat.

Model application example for firmwareinfo.com

Complete device model name: DMP-BDT110EB-K (This will and MUST have three capital letters at the end)
MAC address for the wired ethernet port: 12-34-56-78-AB-CD
Installed firmware version: 1.68
Desired enhanced firmware version: 1.68A
Expectations: Disabled UOC, Multi-Region DVD/Blu-Ray, Enhanced AV Options. (Write in your own words.)
Does your TV support NTSC input signals via HDMI ? Yes
Does your TV support PAL input signals via HDMI ? Yes

Top Tips for your Application:
1) Don't ask any questions, you'll get banned. Stick to the application only.
2) Use upper case for all replies above 'expectations'.
3) Only write expectations that are advertised as available for your player.
4) Ensure you add 'A' after the enhanced firmware version you require.
5) Same as 1) DON'T ASK ANY QUESTIONS!!!!
6) Cross your fingers, pray to whomever you worship, get your lucky charms out.

Good Luck.
I'm Sure you might have received a Warning Message from Firmwareinfo team for your dashing post;)
I know it b'coz I received one just for trying to correct one member.

It appears you didn't follow 2) and probably 3) of my application procedure. And yes, his attitude does resemble a certain infamous Austrian somewhat.

I followed both of those instructions, as well as all of the others.

I have a DMP110 and the following works for me:

1) Remove any discs from the player.
2) Power off and on.
3) As soon as the player has loaded the initial home screen, enter 2708 + (desired blu-ray region) + (desired dvd region), then click OK
4) Your player should reboot and be configured with the settings you had entered.

Maybe I've semi-bricked my player. I'm in Germany & when i stuck a blu-ray in yesterday i got the evil "wrong-region" message, although I've watch various region b blu-rays inbetween changing (they were probably all region free).

The possible problem is that I upgraded with the official firmware a while ago as I needed it to play Planet of the Apes (region a), I was pretty sure that i was able to switch afterwards, but now, when I give the numbers in and press OK, all that happens is that i switch between menus (only the OK key is recognized.

Any suggestions?

Maybe I've semi-bricked my player. I'm in Germany & when i stuck a blu-ray in yesterday i got the evil "wrong-region" message, although I've watch various region b blu-rays inbetween changing (they were probably all region free).

The possible problem is that I upgraded with the official firmware a while ago as I needed it to play Planet of the Apes (region a), I was pretty sure that i was able to switch afterwards, but now, when I give the numbers in and press OK, all that happens is that i switch between menus (only the OK key is recognized.

Any suggestions?

Now you are scaring me. Mine was updated with 1.68A..as of now no issues. Have you spoke to the Enhanced FW team? I am sure they will help or suggest something. They are hard until you get into their community..once you are IN they are very helpful.

Firmware version 1.70 was released yesterday. Ask firmwareinfo to send you that firmware, and you should be back in business. :)

No, I tried registering again, making sure everything was absolutely correct, and still got banned.

Firmware version 1.70 was released yesterday. Ask firmwareinfo to send you that firmware, and you should be back in business. :)

Can I request it for free? I was a member, but lost my information, so had to register again, that's when I asked for help & got booted.

Maybe I'm just spastic...

I'm starting the 111, the screen comes up with the various choices.

I give in the number 270822 (region 2), nothing happens, (I don't see numbers in the upper right, like when I'm in the region warning screen), then, when I press OK, it goes to the setup screen.

The bitterness is this, is that it appears to be stuck in region 1 (& I'm in Germany...maybe bad karma ;-).

Any suggestions?

When you upgraded to the official firmware, you lost the ability to change blu-ray region. DVD multi-region should still remain. As you have been banned, your options are somewhat limited now.

When you upgraded to the official firmware, you lost the ability to change blu-ray region. DVD multi-region should still remain. As you have been banned, your options are somewhat limited now.

Are you saying this out of some experience, as this contradicts what others are saying...although noone seems to be clear about upgrading.

I think we've had enough of the comparisons. I was able to get my firmware on the second try...although, now I appear to be in it again.

Can I request it for free? I was a member, but lost my information, so had to register again, that's when I asked for help & got booted.

Maybe I'm just spastic...

I'm starting the 111, the screen comes up with the various choices.

I give in the number 270822 (region 2), nothing happens, (I don't see numbers in the upper right, like when I'm in the region warning screen), then, when I press OK, it goes to the setup screen.

The bitterness is this, is that it appears to be stuck in region 1 (& I'm in Germany...maybe bad karma ;-).

If you paid by Paypal - raise a dispute against them for goods not as advertised - the firmware didn't work and they won't respond to your requests for assistance :lesson:

Nonsense!

"Enough Already please ? - I'm hate FWI with a vengeance as well for the way they treat people but even I'm getting fed up with your vitriolic rhetoric ;)

Don't force me to report you to the mods - just ease back a bit please :)

Jim

"Enough Already please ? - I'm hate FWI with a vengeance as well for the way they treat people but even I'm getting fed up with your vitriolic rhetoric ;)

Yes, you are right. I've made my point and it's time to 'retire' this username :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom