Panasonic DX700 owners thread

The only thing I can suggest is resetting the tv by going to shipping condition.But I dare say you have done that already.
Mines working fine on my set.

The only thing I can suggest is resetting the tv by going to shipping condition.But I dare say you have done that already.
Mines working fine on my set.
Reset was going to be the next try Bob, thank you. It's also good to read that it's not a universal issue.

Hi guys,
I've had this DX700 for a couple of months now, the 58" version yet despite being set up to my particular taste I have this issue of having two bleached out strips, at least 6/8" in on either edge of the TV no matter where I view from?
It's like a dark grey edge blending into a deep black in the centre of the TV, colours are slightly stronger than I would like but despite adjusting the contrast on both backlight and contrast settings to avoid the bloom etc, it will not give me a full edge to edge picture of perfect black?
Now fair enough, I am watching mainly broadcast material but this is driving me crazy as I cannot understand why this TV performs so poorly? It also displays issues with much of the graphics content appearing to have "alignment" issues, ie, the images look like they have shading/haloing around/inside of the graphics, the image occasionally looks blurred etc, is there anything anyone can suggest I try to alleviate some of this because, as things stand, this is becoming the worst TV I have ever bought?
4k, and designed I'd say, to produce only that quality, viewing angles are crap, pathetic even compared to my old Panasonic plasma, dont understand how they could produce such a poor TV when the plasmas were outstanding, oh and by the way, standard digital broadcasts are shocking, picture noise especially on moving action is quite frankly appalling, judder on HD content, tragic?:nono:
If I had realized just how one sided these 4k TV's really are, I would not have spent any money on them but, now I have, can someone bail me out of this sorry saga?? :(
Many Thanks in advance TV people!!! :smashin:

Last edited:
Hi, I have a TX-50DX700B and just got Sky Q installed on Sunday and it (Sky Q) will not boot properly, running over and over through the initial setup screens.

Does anyone have working settings / configuration for Sky Q?

RAYM59
I am no expert ,but I suspect back lighting is faulty,if a factory reset achieves nothing the set needs to be returned for exchange or refund.I wasn,t happy with my first 40in ,but with the second it just seems to be getting better.
Wild Ireland the edge of the world was stunning.
Standard and HD all watchable without thinking about it.
The only flaw is the tight viewing angle you mention,doesn,t worry me as I read about in the reviews, and suits are viewing posistion on the sofa.
Anyway good luck hope it gets sorted

RAYM59
I am no expert ,but I suspect back lighting is faulty,if a factory reset achieves nothing the set needs to be returned for exchange or refund.I wasn,t happy with my first 40in ,but with the second it just seems to be getting better.
Wild Ireland the edge of the world was stunning.
Standard and HD all watchable without thinking about it.
The only flaw is the tight viewing angle you mention,doesn,t worry me as I read about in the reviews, and suits are viewing posistion on the sofa.
Anyway good luck hope it gets sorted

Thank's Bob, I've had a bit of success since posting this question, backlight I have at 85, contrast at 72 then one night I fiddled with the settings and took the brightness to zero? That solved the problem of the edge bleaching out but left, obviously, the image very dark, constant small adjustments have made a much better image with consistent black across the whole screen!!

It would probably seem a bit dark to some people especially with indoors broadcast, soaps, dark areas material, night scenes etc but, it's the only way to maintain that even black, the more I brighten it the more the edge starts to bleach again?

SD broadcast is awful on this TV, movement of any sort has a shimmer/picture noise all around it, which wont clear even on max, and the HD content, although far better, is still prone to that haloing on graphics and motion judder?
Unfortunately it seems a few of the settings I could try may not be available to me as my TV is through an aerial, things such as "game mode" and the 1080p etc so I cant check on that as a possible improvement?
I will look into the reset that you suggest as a future possibility, I'm a little happier now than I was with the picture but I certainly think I may have been better off saving up a bit more and buying an OLED instead?
Thank's again Bob for your contribution and your advice has been taken onboard!! :smashin:

This TV (40") is driving me mental. The blocking and blur from Sky Q 2TB is criminal. BBC shows like Line of Duty or Match of the Day have constant noticeable artefacts on sudden movement and I feel like sticking my old Sony HD TV back up and taking a hammer to this my first ever Panasonic TV. How can all the reviews fail to mention the thing can't process HD properly?

Hi, I have a TX-50DX700B and just got Sky Q installed on Sunday and it (Sky Q) will not boot properly, running over and over through the initial setup screens.

Does anyone have working settings / configuration for Sky Q?

I'm interested in this too. I've got a TX-58DX700 and found an awful TV bug when its trying to process DolbyDigital audio streams from HDMI inputs. Looks like it majorly delays processing every so often. Sky Q results in horrible lip sync issues when switching to / from HD channels.

Anyone tell me how to get a sounbar working with this tv? I have it on hdmi 2 arc...where the hell do i tell it to send sound to the soundbar? The vieralink app doesnt work as the flat im in doesnt have internet yet?

Sound output to home cinema in TV menu rather than TV. Mine never seems to remember it after being turned off and on though with my Arcam soundbar.

Press menu on the remote, scroll down to sound, first option is 'Mode', change from 'TV' to 'Home Cinema'.

20170511_195253538_iOS.jpg

No worries

I found some weird stuff that would not work, think I changed settings on TV from bitsream to pcm or the other way round somewhere in there. Will have a look tomorrow if you get no luck finding the setting.

Sorry just double checked it's the option above mode, 'Speaker Selection'. It may be greyed out if under the setup part on the menu, 'viera link settings' does not have 'viera link' set to on. If it's more handshaking issues, which I've sometimes had, it may help to fully power off and back on both the TV and the soundbar at the plug.

Have you checked under the setup part of the menu that viera link is turned on?

20170512_104331879_iOS.jpg

Did you try powering both TV and SB off and back on at plug? I'll check my firmware version...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom