Panasonic DX900 HDR Ultra HD Premium TV: full details & specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Mark. I just wish Panasonic would commit to bigger screen sizes rather than maxing-out at 65". Never-the-less, one to watch out for.

Yes, this seems to be the best of the LCD bunch so far. Let's hope that it is not silly priced.

If you use an external LUT system, you fill the table with values that are specific to the settings in place when the TV was measured. That is, you set brightness, contrast, etc., and then you run a measurement sweep to populate the table. However, if you subsequently change one of those TV settings (again, e.g., contrast), you have to do the whole thing again.

These internal tables, they can't be like that, can they? If they were, they would only be valid for a narrow range of picture menu settings. So is this more about computational efficiency rather than unit specific metrics? I.e., you store values in the tables so that you don't have to repeatedly calculate them (as opposed to measure them).

Thank you for keeping us all updated with such good and detailed articles. Nobody is as sharp and precise and I checked !!!
Any chance the smaller 58 version could have the ultrahd stamp. Some people want bigger and other smaller :) to accommodate our places. The 65 seems to be the only focus here. More details appreciated on the 58 please. Thanks again for the good work and quality of articles.

Every year they promise the Earth and every year we are disappointed.

They managed to get the best TV last year and still the best this year so far, in the UK market at least.

Not sure what you mean by disappoint. Tx40cs520 best TV under £500, Cx680 avforum best buy, cx680 5* what HiFi, cx700 5/5, cx802 - product of the year ert magazine, highly recommended by hdtvtest, 9/ 10 on trusted reviews, 9/10 on avforumd, 5* award what hifi, and I could carry on. Are all these reviewers wrong or are you just biased?

Panasonic TX-50CX802B (CX802) 4K TV Review

Depth, detail and dynamism - what's not to like?

Dave

I'm disappointed they don't have any OLED's, was hoping to see a reasonably priced one this year.
After reading the LG threads, I'm not wanting to jump my plasma ship just yet, but had hoped to dip a 4K toe this year...Is there a chance Pany are waiting to reveal 2016 OLEDs at another show?

Panasonic: 8000 point LUT to get a reference response for rec709.

Hisense: rec709 is miles out but they ship it anyway.

After reading the LG threads, I'm not wanting to jump my plasma ship just yet, but had hoped to dip a 4K toe this year...Is there a chance Pany are waiting to reveal 2016 OLEDs at another show?

They could do at their European Convention event but it seems odd that we're out of sync with the US release so perhaps they'll wait until IFA, or even CES 2017, before announcing another.

Short answer - I don't know!

Panasonic are waiting until their European Convention to announce their full UK TV line-up, so all we got a change to see here at CES is the DX900 but it looked awesome. Panasonic held a special dark room demo where they compared it to a studio OLED monitor and a competitor's TV from last year and the results were very impressive. The DX900 will be out in the UK much sooner than people are probably expecting and at a price that I think is very competitive.

Hi,
otherwise there's no DX800 series ?

Panasonic are waiting until their European Convention to announce their full UK TV line-up, so all we got a change to see here at CES is the DX900 but it looked awesome. Panasonic held a special dark room demo where they compared it to a studio OLED monitor and a competitor's TV from last year and the results were very impressive. The DX900 will be out in the UK much sooner than people are probably expecting and at a price that I think is very competitive.
Great news but you are killing us by not giving up all the details :)

Panasonic: 8000 point LUT to get a reference response for rec709.

Hisense: rec709 is miles out but they ship it anyway.

Please explain? Don't understand what you meant. Are you saying hisense is not good at all in term of color fidelity?

When is this European convention please ?

Hi,
otherwise there's no DX800 series ?
Looks Like the rest of the range will be announced at a later date as per Steve comments. Evidence from another discussion points towards more new sets. No info about smaller Oled yet

Looks Like the rest of the range will be announced at a later date as per Steve comments. Evidence from another discussion points towards more new sets. No info about smaller Oled yet
Thank you Goldorak for your answer.

I hope it will not be like last year Samsung's

hi Steve, thanks for the coverage, will their be any videos from CES of the DX900 ?

3.5k and under I'll probably bite. Forbes article said it will be on sale in Europe by the end of January. I think that's optimistic.

3.5k and under I'll probably bite. Forbes article said it will be on sale in Europe by the end of January. I think that's optimistic.
Can't see it being out before the European convention at the end of Feb, my money is on March and £3999 for the 65" (Panny have never been cheap...)

I'm worried about the price of this, they surely though have to bear in mind oled prices and hisense prices, if this is significantly dearer than the flagship hisense or anywhere near this year's oled prices then I'll have to seriously reconsider buying this but if they can get the price right this could be the TV to get this year no doubt, shame no dolby vision HDR though

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom