Panasonic DX902B Owners Thread Part 4

I have used ARC from day one with my 902B & it's worked perfectly as it should on both my previous Denon AVR x2300 & Current Marantz SR7011. Sky Q set to DD, ARC is obviously only used for the inbuilt Apps but works great.:)

I have mine setup with optical only and don't use ARC, so the TV sends the sound to the amp over optical. This has worked flawlessly for me.
Sky Q seems buggy from everything I've read around on this forum. I don't have it myself, but people seem to constantly have issues with things like this. A full restart (power off and on) of everything may fix it?
SKy Q was buggy to start Eddy but I would not swap back to an HD box now it really works well.

I did previously have ARC working but not consistently. Sky Q didn't seem to play nice with it. To be honest even with sky connected directly to the DX by hdmi using hdmi control there is a fair delay in getting a picture . Quite annoying to be honest .
With hdmi 2.1 and eARC all these glitches are allegedly addressed by I'm guessing that's a hardware not firmware thing so probably no use to us DX owners.

Hi guys,

Am still having issues with my DX.

I’m getting in touch with Panasonic directly to see if they can make sense of it as I’m lost now.

The main issue is certainly sky q but it isn’t just confined to sky q.

I’m still having the out of focus, blurry, muddy picture problem. I have exhausted everything to try and rid it but it comes and goes.

Hopefully Panasonic can come out and diagnose it, it seeming the more I’ve toyed with it, I’m convinced its to do with a myriad of things, the picture settings, not assigning itself correctly, the source being decided incorrectly into colour. It’s a real shame, I don’t know what’s caused this but I hope it can be fixed else I’ll be looking for a new tv in 2019.

Try new HDMI cable?

I wish I could say I haven’t already tried that, but I’ve tried 2 different hdmi’s.

Don’t know if you guys find it, but whether sky q is directly connected to tv or not via hdmi, when it’s reset via unplugging on the dx902 when it comes back the picture is much better (clearer/brighter etc)

Someone previously touched on it in a previous post but
blooming is a good way I’d describe the problem.

Interestingly enough I had a chat with a chap at Yamaha Tech support today regarding Sky Q and ARC , trying to get things working better with my AVR.

He basically reckons that the Sky Q boxes are totally inferior , were better when it was Sky +HD.

Said they don't handshake properly and recommended that I use optical. In all honesty I suspect your issues are related to the Sky Q set top box.

Lots of problems with Sky Q and AV equipment...If you look at Sky forums you will see many users having issues with ARC handshakes. I have had issues with my Sony AVR (STR-DN1080) where if I change sources on the AV receiver (going from SkyQ) I have to reboot the SkyQ box to use it again...basically I think the issue will defo be with Sky Q box!

Absolutely no problem with my pioneer AVR, all equipment connected via amp and then to HDMI 2 ARC on. HDMI control/Viera link works exactly the same as my old Sky + HD and I can turn on all equipment via a single press of the on button of the Sky Q remote.

I will say every tv I've ever had, including kuro's, Panasonic vt's and a zt65, a LG 930,950 and e6 oled, a Samsung ks8000 etc etc, this panny dx902 is the most temperamental when it comes to whether it will connect via arc or not

Absolutely no problem with my pioneer AVR, all equipment connected via amp and then to HDMI 2 ARC on. HDMI control/Viera link works exactly the same as my old Sky + HD and I can turn on all equipment via a single press of the on button of the Sky Q remote.
Sounds like you are one of the lucky few. The web is littered with posts from people having problems in one respect or another . Sky need to act .

Sounds like you are one of the lucky few. The web is littered with posts from people having problems in one respect or another . Sky need to act .
I don't have sky I have virgin, I personally think its the tv at fault, not saying sky don't have issues too, but I bet sky q works flawlessly with most tv's via arc

Not to be argumentative but I'm inclined to disagree here. I strongly suspect that average Joe doesn't care or can't be bothered with the fiber points of ARC or Hdmi handshakes.

Maybe for some lucky ones , it just works by hook or by crook . Just personal opinion here but from my observations it seems that a large number of those that strive to get things such as these working are running into problems

I have had no issues with ARC connectivity on the TV since having it, however with Sky Q I do have the 'Atmos issue' where after watching something (like football) in Atmos, following an advert break the sound will only return to surround and not Atmos. Changing the channel and then going back again fixes it but annoying all the same.

Interestingly it also happens with the BT TV box, exactly the same issue. It was suggested here that disabling AV control on the relevant box can fix it, but it made no difference on either for me.

As an aside, the biggest problem this causes if you download or rent a 4K film on Sky that has Atmos. When watching the football you have to manually invoke 4K by pressing 'OK' twice. This then provides a 4K image AND Atmos sound. However as anything downloaded is already in 4K, I will only get surround sound and no Atmos - with no way to 'refresh' it like the football as there is no channel to move to and back again as it is a download.

The only way to fix the 'Atmos issue' across the board is to pull out the HDMI from the back of the Sky or BT box and put it back in. This seems to refresh the feed properly.

It would be easy to blame my receiver or even TV for this problem, however the fact both SKY and BT boxes display exactly the same behaviour leads me to think it is something about the way the boxes switch from advert sound (stereo) back to programme sound (Atmos).

Agreed, no problem at all with Q or ARC

My Yamaha 2700 works a dream with my Sky Q box and Panny
Could I trouble you to share how you have your devices connected and the respective settings in Sky Q , Panny and Yamaha AVR ? Maybe I've missed something or connected something incorrectly ......

Could I trouble you to share how you have your devices connected and the respective settings in Sky Q , Panny and Yamaha AVR ? Maybe I've missed something or connected something incorrectly ......
PS4 Pro, Sky Q, Oppo 203 all directly into the Yamaha, then HDMI straight into the 902. As for settings on Q, pic 2160 10-bit, audio output DD, delay 0ms, HDMI control on. On a final note I will say the reason that mine works flawlessly for me is down to the 2700, it’s a true work horse

Last edited:
Well just bought another 58inch dx902, looks like I'll be listing the ks8000 for sale and putting the dx902 in the bedroom :)

BC04AFE1-2FF1-4524-8673-8F88B8941467.jpeg
I found a group dead pixel on my DX902, im 100% positive that it’s wasn’t there last week. im proper gutted as my panel has always felt like it was perfect. Does anyone know what curry’s PC policy would be with dead pixel in the models of the screen? It came with a 5 year warranty.

View attachment 1094874 I found a group dead pixel on my DX902, im 100% positive that it’s wasn’t there last week. im proper gutted as my panel has always felt like it was perfect. Does anyone know what curry’s PC policy would be with dead pixel in the models of the screen? It came with a 5 year warranty.
Looks more like a thunder fly to me, which won't be covered under your warranty, google thunder fly in tv if you don't know what they are, although they usually plague lcd tv's in the warmer summer months rather than now when it's cold

Looks more like a thunder fly to me, which won't be covered under your warranty, google thunder fly in tv if you don't know what they are, although they usually plague lcd tv's in the warmer summer months rather than now when it's cold
I’ll have a look thanks

6026F0FC-4921-4326-9EE6-BFE1A98899A2.jpeg
Yeah it looks like a thunder fly. I had the same problem. John Lewis would not cover this under warranty as they said it was an act of nature.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom