Panasonic DX902B Owners Thread Part 4

Personally, I’d stump up the extra £20-£30 for the ultimate with the hub.
The hub adds functionality and having a dock for the remote makes charging simpler

From the one clip I saw, the Ultimate comes with the dock for charging, the hub just tied it into a smarthome setup which I have no interest in. Either way, it doesn't look to be available anymore. I see the Elite with hub is £179 on amazon. . .I was only planning on spending about half that amount. . .mmmm tempted

I hadn’t realised that the ultimate was no longer available.

The hub is useful without any smarthome accessories. It’s a wide angled IR blaster and can also have mini IR blasters attached to it for any components hidden away in cupboards.

The remote then no longer needs pointing at the devices while carrying out its sequence of commands to power multiple devices on/off etc

If you're in no rush, Amazon has the Harmony Elite at around half price (or at least a very good discount) now and then.

From Looking around, Amazon's current price isn't bad compared to others. I'll do a 3camels on it now to see how it's likely to change

Edit: £179 matches the Currys price so it's not that impressive. 3camels shows it's been as low as £99. I'll keep an eye on that one.

Cheers guys. The 650 is a big fugly looking thing, I've more or less decided it's the Elite or nothing.

Hi Guys, while we are OT and talking about Harmony remotes can someone confirm whether any of these will control a generic HDMI switch? The HDMI switch has an IR remote but I doubt if it will be on the harmony database. As I have all my sources going into the HDMI switch I need to make sure that the Harmony remote can control this and switch the source when it is programmed. Any confirmation either way would be good and will help me make my decision. Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys, while we are OT and talking about Harmony remotes can someone confirm whether any of these will control a generic HDMI switch? The HDMI switch has an IR remote but I doubt if it will be on the harmony database. As I have all my sources going into the HDMI switch I need to make sure that the Harmony remote can control this and switch the source when it is programmed. Any confirmation either way would be good and will help me make my decision. Thanks in advance.

As you have the original IR remote you can learn the commands from it into the Harmony
Add Devices That Aren't in the Harmony Database

Actually, that adds an extra feature to push me to get one of these. I use a manual optical switcher (I definitely did not pay anywhere near the price in the link) to flip flap between VM box, xbox and TV to the surround system. It works very well, definitely better than relying on the TV for HDMI passthrough, but obviously requires a trip up to the TV unit each time I want to change. If I can program the Harmony to that extent, I could get a powered switcher and just do it at the touch of a button - without an additional remote. . . .which is the reason that I don't already have a powered switcher.

As you have the original IR remote you can learn the commands from it into the Harmony
Add Devices That Aren't in the Harmony Database
Hi Eddy, thanks for the quick response and the link. As I haven't had one of these in a few years am I correct in thinking that I can set up routines, such as "Watch Sky" and it will turn on the TV, switch the HDMI Input to the correct input, turn the sounder etc...? or switch from watching sky to watching Apple TV just by pressing one button? If this is the case then it could be time to invest as I'm mostly using the remotes apps on my phone and I up to around 7/8 if I include the Xbox controller/app. Thanks Again!!

Even if not in the database the remote is a learning type so should not be a problem.

Sorry just noticed already posted!

After doing some brief research, I really like the idea of the Ultimate One without the hub but it appears it's not available any more. I've not got stupid money to be spunking on this just now so I'd be limiting myself to the 650/665 (I think). Anybody got good/bad stuff to add obout those models, please?
I managed to get an Ultimate with Hub & Blasters in pristine condition from ebay for £45, worth keeping an eye out.

Hi guys , i have 4 questions about my Panasonic 58DX900 , i really appreciate if somebody can help me with that
1 - when i play 2160p HDR 10BIT content from HDD or my HiMedia Q30 4k android box ,the TV detects HDR 24 ,but only shows that receives 1080p content
2 - 4k pure direct greyed out in the menu and i cant switch it on
3 - when i scan for bluetooth devices the list is always blank ,even that already played 3D content with Samsung glasses
4 - which is the latest ,and best tv for my Panasonic 58DX900? its not the Panasonic 58DX902B , but i think is the same

Thanks

1 - Does the TV switch to HDR? But you don't get 4K resolution? Sounds like an issue with the HiMedia box not outputting correctly.
2 - Can't remember exactly but I think this maybe unavailable on some picture modes. Which one do you use?
3 - What kind of BT device are you searching for?
4 - DX902B is the same as the DX900, it's just a UK version (which I think adds Freeview/Freesat for the UK market)

There's a lot of info in the FAQ linked in my signature

Hi Eddy and thanks for your fast replay .
1 - About the Himedia box ,maybe can be the issue but if i connect directly my HDD the files detected should run in 2160p , correct?
2 - I tried in all picture mode and always is greyed
3 - I enable the Sennheiser Momentum M2-AEBT Ivory and Advance Acoustic Air-50 - loudspeakers
4 - I updated to the last firmware

thanks for your faq , i think is answering a lot of questions about this TV

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
1 - connected directly to the TV, perhaps, but the TV player isn't very good.
2 - Check the HDMI port is set to mode 2 (should be for all ports unless you have issues)
How do I enable 4K Pure Direct on my TV? - Panasonic Corporation
3 - you can't send audio over BlueTooth on this TV
4 - The latest firmware is listed in the FAQ so you should be fine if you have that.

I’m still using the harmony one! It’s done me well for about 11 tv’s. It’s probably the best bit of technology I’ve ever owned.

I’m look at selling my dx902...what is a price I should be looking at for the 58inch

I’m look at selling my dx902...what is a price I should be looking at for the 58inch
Depends on warranty and condition,ive bought 2 off the classifieds on here, one for £625 and one for £500 if I remember rightly, its hard to price as you can pick up a 55inch oled brand new for under a £1000 now

Depends on warranty and condition,ive bought 2 off the classifieds on here, one for £625 and one for £500 if I remember rightly, its hard to price as you can pick up a 55inch oled brand new for under a £1000 now
Yeah that’s what I was thinking do I give it to my misses dad or sell it for 500.

Are there any 75 inch Tvs which would match or better the 902b for image quality in the sub 3k range?

Hmmm I've heard sony's algorithm for their FALD sets is a bit better than 902b. My 902b has failthy halo effects at backlight min...

I'm in two minds but I think their was one sony set fald for around 2.3k i might go for.

65 inches just isn't enough for 21:9 content.

Recently I've noticed that when in Standby my DX902 light is now Orange when it used to be Red.
Anyone know if this means anything?
Not an issue just curious.

Hmmm I've heard sony's algorithm for their FALD sets is a bit better than 902b. My 902b has failthy halo effects at backlight min...

I'm in two minds but I think their was one sony set fald for around 2.3k i might go for.

65 inches just isn't enough for 21:9 content.
I have a DX902 58" in my bedroom and love the picture quality so much and wanted another FALD TV to replace my LG E6 OLED TV that was in the lounge.
I ended up getting a Sony XE9405 75" FALD TV and it was the best move I made. The XE9405 may not have as many zones as the DX902 but with all of Sony's picture settings on the XE9405 it rewards you with a stunning picture. I have no halo affects that I have noticed and you should be able to pick up an XE9405 for a great price now (think they were about £5000 when realised).
Take a look at the Sony XE9405 thread I started and take a look at the in depth review that AVForums did on it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom