Panasonic EX750 Owners Thread

"A Cabin in the Woods" on my Amazon Firestick triggers the HDR10+ logo on the tv.

Hi Rob

Still not found any other HDR10+ titles on prime via the cube other than Sneaky Pete season 3. Im hoping some of the new season due next week will be in HDR10+ e.g. Bosch
Disney+ works well on the cube although for some reason doesnt play the Atmos. I will only keep Disney for 1 month as i have all the Marvel films anyway and nothing much else on there holds my interest.

Pete

'All or Nothing Tottenham' has also triggered the HDR 10+ logo I noticed on Sunday via the Firestick.

Love this set and it works great, save one minor issue. Onboard Netflix app occasionally causes the TV to power off. Have disabled all the timers and it still happens, and when it does it will often power off multiple times in a row. (Looked at the app and it looks like it is from 2011). Has anyone else had this issue and better yet, found a fix? Will shift to my Shield otherwise, but I just thought I would ask. Many thanks in advance.

Love this set and it works great, save one minor issue. Onboard Netflix app occasionally causes the TV to power off. Have disabled all the timers and it still happens, and when it does it will often power off multiple times in a row. (Looked at the app and it looks like it is from 2011). Has anyone else had this issue and better yet, found a fix? Will shift to my Shield otherwise, but I just thought I would ask. Many thanks in advance.

Nope never had that issue.

Only issue with the built in Netflix app we have is occasionally you will get continuous sound drop outs. But if you put the TV into standby for a few seconds then power back up and go back to whatever you are watching on Netflix all is good.

And by occasionally I mean probably only 5 or 6 times in nearly two years.

Good night to all the happy owners of this amazing tv ...
I am using the calibration of our friend IVAN FRASER to play on the ps4 pro, some more games are much better when I disable the console's hdr ... does anyone have the calibration to use when playing the ps4pro with the hdr on?

Quick question - I can do HDR 4K on HDMI 2 input but not others. Do this TV only do one HDMI in 4K as I don't want to keep switching input to extension HDMI (To protect TV)

All HDMI inputs can do HDR but only HDMI 1 and 2 can deliver the full 18 Gbps bandwidth (Mode 2 in the HDMI settings)

Thanks :) HDMI 1 now got Apple TV instead of Virgin Cable :) Will test PS4 Pro on HDMI 3.

A video game console able to output 4K60 HDR will benefit more from the HDMI Mode 2 (18 Gbps) than any other movie source.
Therefore your PS4 Pro should be plugged to HDMI 1 or 2.

With PS5 just around the corner, what are folks' thoughts about the EX750. Still pretty capable or worth upgrading from?

Every one is going on about HDMI 2.1 being a big deal, the EX750 doesn't have that right? What's the big deal with that?

Well, there are 2 features the EX750 is missing:

- VRR (Variable Refresh Rate): part of the HDMI 2.1 specs but technically it could be retro-implemented with HDMI 2.0b -> it can help in some cases when the framerate is not 30 or 60 fps locked but honestly I could live without it for 7 years on PS4 so I can probably live a few more years without it on PS5.
Moreover, if game devs manage to get locked framerates more easily on PS5, you wouldn't even need it.
Will see at CES 2021 if Panasonic finally implements VRR on their TV sets.

- 4K120fps HDR : the HDMI 2.0b 18 Gbps bandwidth is not enough, you need the 40 or 48 Gbps bandwidth offered by HDMI 2.1 specs. But how many games will run at 4K120? Probably no new AAA and only a few older remastered games.
Some games will run at 1080p120 or 1440p120 and the HDMI 2.0b bandwidth could be enough but Panasonic TVs don't accept 120 Hz input signals anyway, despite having a native 120 Hz panel.
Will see at CES 2021 if Panasonic TVs finally accept 120 Hz signals whatever the definition (1080p, 1440p or 4K)

The EX750 still has a gaming mode with quite low input lag and decent HDR, even though the peak brightness is not very high. Therefore I think it will still be pretty capable with the PS5.

It's not worth upgrading to any other Panasonic TV so far, even the newer 2020 OLED, as they all lack the 2 gaming features mentioned above.

So:
- Either upgrade to a LG OLED TV (better HDR, VRR + 120 fps)
- or keep the EX750 and wait for Panasonic TVs with more gaming features (2021?)

How does the HDR compare on the LG c9 OLEDs? Is it a lot more brighter? Will the tv blow the Panasonic out of the water?

HDR is not just about peak brightness. OLED TVs offer a convincing HDR experience despite their relatively low peak brightness (compared to the best LCDs such as Samsung QLED) and infamous ABL (Automatic Brightness Limiter), partly thanks to their infinite contrast.

But yes, HDR should be much better on C9 (700+ nits) than on EX750 (450-500 nits).
Don't forget that you are comparing a 2017 mid-range LCD TV with a 2019 high-end OLED TV so it's a bit unfair.

Last edited:
Another option is to wait until Easter to see if there is new Panasonic OLED TV with HDMI 2.1

Is it possible to connect bluetooth headphones to a Panasonic EX750 TV without any additional adapters? I tried connecting a set using the TV's bluetooth setup menu and there were no devices found.

"A Cabin in the Woods" on my Amazon Firestick triggers the HDR10+ logo on the tv.
Lone survivor on prime with HDR10+ looks bloody good

If you want to watch 4K UHD blu ray with the TV.

Change wide color gamut to (REC.2020) for True Cinema Mode (HDR)

Hi All,
I've only just found this thread, and tried changing the setting on my TV to try and get a better picture, but don't think I'm getting it...yet.

Which setting are the best for:

HD/4K None HDR
HD/4K in HDR

Is there a better setting to view during the same versus the evening?

I don't fully understand the 100 Nit / 120 Nit stuff etc

Huge thanks in advance

Hi All,
I've only just found this thread, and tried changing the setting on my TV to try and get a better picture, but don't think I'm getting it...yet.

Which setting are the best for:

HD/4K None HDR
HD/4K in HDR

Is there a better setting to view during the same versus the evening?

I don't fully understand the 100 Nit / 120 Nit stuff etc

Huge thanks in advance
What size is your set?
I have calibrated my 65 inch set. But they may not be applicable to smaller sets.
Nits are the measurement of brightness. 100 nits brightness is the industry standard used when grading film in a dark studio. So it became the 'standard' for watching movies on tv in a dark room in SD and HD. It's a level that allows your eyes to take in all the detail without straining them in the dark. So it's ideal for home cinema.
A lot of people watch movies in a lighter environment, so 120 nits became a general level amongst calibrators for a good compromise.
But really, you can have as dim or as bright as you like.
With one caveat. If you want to see a calibrated image you have to choose what level you want first. Then calibrate all settings at that level. Sure, you can then turn the image up or down using the backlight which will alter the image a little and it won't be quite as 'accurate'.
I find personally that 120 nits is good for general viewing day or night. But when I'm watching content at night in a dark room, using the 100 nits level is most comfortable and revealing. It's more 'cinematic'.
On the 65 inch, 120 nits is around the default for True Cinema (in my cal it's at backlight of 21), and 100 is at backlight 12.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom