Panasonic FZ series (802 & 952) OLED Owners Thread

I got £550 in the end on ebay, more than expected, I have no tv now till the 55" G3 arrives next Thursday.

Hi, long shot here folks, but no harm in asking. I’m trying to source the speaker holders which allow for wall mounting of the TX-55FZ952B. The official part number is TXFKP5Z0339. Would anyone have something surplus ? will pay obviously.
IMG_0041.jpeg

Over 15000 hours on my 65FZ952 but now starting to see some image retention/burn on the bottom 20% of the screen. Looks like its from banners on the Sky news/ sports channels and gaming etc. Hoping the next maintenance schedule will help but any other advice on trying to remove or reduce the effect would be great. Otherwise I couldn’t be more happy with the TV. Cant afford to replace it until later in the year so hopefully wont get any worse, will have to stop the mother in law watching the news channels when she is here.;)

Over 15000 hours on my 65FZ952 but now starting to see some image retention/burn on the bottom 20% of the screen. Looks like its from banners on the Sky news/ sports channels and gaming etc. Hoping the next maintenance schedule will help but any other advice on trying to remove or reduce the effect would be great. Otherwise I couldn’t be more happy with the TV. Cant afford to replace it until later in the year so hopefully wont get any worse, will have to stop the mother in law watching the news channels when she is here.;)
If I was seeing signs of this I would probably try running the long panel maintenance manually rather than waiting for the next cycle to come around. I presume you leave your TV plug switched on when you are done for the night, so the TV is doing its short panel cleans uninterrupted?

I'm a big gamer too, but I do go into settings of most games and check for options to reduce HUD elements. As for news channels, I can't really advise you there other than to recommend perhaps changing your viewing habits as it relates to the news. We mostly just check out the 6 or 10 o'clock news programmes rather than leaving it on a dedicated news channel for hours like Sky News or BBC News. I mostly just ask my Amazon Echo Dot "What's today's news?", if I just want a quick summary of what's going on.

If I was seeing signs of this I would probably try running the long panel maintenance manually rather than waiting for the next cycle to come around. I presume you leave your TV plug switched on when you are done for the night, so the TV is doing its short panel cleans uninterrupted?

I'm a big gamer too, but I do go into settings of most games and check for options to reduce HUD elements. As for news channels, I can't really advise you there other than to recommend perhaps changing your viewing habits as it relates to the news. We mostly just check out the 6 or 10 o'clock news programmes rather than leaving it on a dedicated news channel for hours like Sky News or BBC News. I mostly just ask my Amazon Echo Dot "What's today's news?", if I just want a quick summary of what's going on.
I was thinking of running a long panel maintenance but as unsure if it is advisable. All my short cycles complete uninterrupted. How do you force a long maintenance as I cant see it in the system menu. ( Found it in PICTURE/SCREEN SETTINGS no worries)

Last edited:
I was thinking of running a long panel maintenance but as unsure if it is advisable. All my short cycles complete uninterrupted. How do you force a long maintenance as I cant see it in the system menu. ( Found it in PICTURE/SCREEN SETTINGS no worries)
It shouldn’t be hard to find. I don’t have an FZ802 on hand any longer, but someone should be able to point you in the right direction. If it’s not under picture settings then it’s probably under advanced settings or something similar.

While I agree you shouldn’t need to run it manually, but I think that is more for those with no visual issues. As you are seeing a problem then you'd only be using the feature for it's intended purpose.

I've had the FZ802 for just over 5 years now and it's showing really obvious signs of burn in. Panasonic said the screen could be replaced for a fee, I contacted the nearest service centre and they refused to give a quote, instead said I'd need to pay £200 to get a service person out to look into it.

Has anyone had their panel replaced, any idea how much it'd cost?

I've had the FZ802 for just over 5 years now and it's showing really obvious signs of burn in. Panasonic said the screen could be replaced for a fee, I contacted the nearest service centre and they refused to give a quote, instead said I'd need to pay £200 to get a service person out to look into it.

I’d personally be seeing it as an excuse to upgrade to a newer model 😉

I had the panel replaced under warranty in my EZ952 recently and the cost of a new panel was over £1100. It would have been cheaper for them to have given me a brand new TV.

The other thing to bear in mind is that replacement panels are the ones used in the later GZ models. Sounds great in theory but in practice not so much.

In my case the factory calibration for white balance etc was way out compared to my original panel so needed professionally doing again.

If I were you I'd put the money towards a new TV instead.

I had the panel replaced under warranty in my EZ952 recently and the cost of a new panel was over £1100. It would have been cheaper for them to have given me a brand new TV.

The other thing to bear in mind is that replacement panels are the ones used in the later GZ models. Sounds great in theory but in practice not so much.

In my case the factory calibration for white balance etc was way out compared to my original panel so needed professionally doing again.

If I were you I'd put the money towards a new TV instead.
Thanks both, sucks that this TV needs replacing after only 5 years. Might bare with it for a while and see if I can get used to it.

Thanks both, sucks that this TV needs replacing after only 5 years. Might bare with it for a while and see if I can get used to it.
Can you share photos or explain if you recognise what the burn is? I used to use my FZ802 for gaming - being mindful to disable or reduce HUD intensity where possible - but since the upgrade I've moved the FZ into the living room where it mostly gets used for general TV viewing.

Only general household advice I have given is to not watch dedicated news channels like Sky News or BBC News for prolonged periods, instead just catch up with the main 6 or 10pm news roundup on itv or similar.

Where I am anticipating image retention and burn may show it's first sign is the pause bar on SkyQ. It's a shame Sky don't have a screensaver that can kick in after being left on pause for a few minutes.

Can you share photos or explain if you recognise what the burn is? I used to use my FZ802 for gaming - being mindful to disable or reduce HUD intensity where possible - but since the upgrade I've moved the FZ into the living room where it mostly gets used for general TV viewing.

Only general household advice I have given is to not watch dedicated news channels like Sky News or BBC News for prolonged periods, instead just catch up with the main 6 or 10pm news roundup on itv or similar.

Where I am anticipating image retention and burn may show it's first sign is the pause bar on SkyQ. It's a shame Sky don't have a screensaver that can kick in after being left on pause for a few minutes.
It's definitely burn in. We have monitored what we watched (even though that's ridiculous), low brightness, not vivid mode, don't turn off from main etc

Hopefully micro led can bring oled performance with longer shelf life.... 🤞🏽

Just shows oleds have about 4 years lifespan.
I’ve had mine since July 2018 so over 5.5 years now and it’s absolutely fine so not really. If they were all having issues after 4 years there’d be a lot more people talking about it!

Apologies if you already know this, but just in case you can press back up after pausing to get the bar off screen.

Full maintenance cycle completed overnight on our 65FZ802B (purchased new from John Lewis in October 2018). ‘Only’ 8014 hours but still looks excellent with no banding, burn-in or colour tinting visible. I’ll say it again, my wife is still happy that I don’t need to upgrade it!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom