Panasonic GT50 owners thread part 8

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok will do later.

Have noticed another thing about my repaired GT50, my settings, brightness etc now have numbers, was inputting the AVForums recommended best settings this morning to try them out (looked brilliant btw), and I was half way through before I realised the numbers were not there before sending my TV away.

Was there an update last week for the GT50 which they may have installed? Current software version is 1.624.

hi is there a software fix for the GT50 green banding problem

Has there been a firmware update then?

why would the GT50 have numbers? unless its a US version or something?

The last update was last year supposedly to fix something with PAL. Since then i sometimes get brightness pops on Normal mode.

Panasonic NEVER look after their old customers. Thats fact.
They just focus on the next batch. Its unusual for them to still support and bring out updates to a now decommissioned TV

On another note..

My GT50's power light is doing odd things.

I have no timers set or reminders on any inputs or tuners. The power save is all off and has been from day one...

Trouble is for the past two weeks the power light has been changing colours. Its almost always orange. then sometimes goes yellow. Its rarely green. The other night I was watching something and the power light went green and back to orange 5 min later.

I quite like it orange as it seems to fit in with the room an TV more (less obtrusive than a bright lime green light) but it is odd.:laugh:

Any reason why?

Last edited:
TV can't find server when trying to connect to pc? Tried the connection test on tv and fails every time. Panasonic blue ray player connects to server ok tho.

Has there been a firmware update then?

why would the GT50 have numbers? unless its a US version or something?

my gt50 has numbers when its in pro 1

Maybe it's because I had a very average Toshiba model but when I switched the GT50 on for the first time today, put it in THX cinema mode and played 2001 you could have visibly watched my jaw drop.

TV can't find server when trying to connect to pc? Tried the connection test on tv and fails every time. Panasonic blue ray player connects to server ok tho.

Eventually got it sorted. Took a couple of hours tho. :thumbsup:

Hi, our gt50 will arrive in seven days.
I read somewhere about 'breaking it in' by viewing it in a certain mode for the first 200 hours.
Is this true? Can any please provide a little more info on this? Thanks

Hi, our gt50 will arrive in seven days.
I read somewhere about 'breaking it in' by viewing it in a certain mode for the first 200 hours.
Is this true? Can any please provide a little more info on this? Thanks

Plenty about this on the forums.;)

Run it in normal(extra dithering helps reduce IR).
Don't use high contrast and or sharpness(again to reduce the chance of bad IR).

Nice and simple.;)

my gt50 has numbers when its in pro 1

Ah ha, never knew this, so my software hasn't undergone some weird change, it is just my USB functions that are shot, ah well, JL called and the local repair company swinging back round monday, hope its an easy fix.

This is really tempting. I can get a P50GT50 now for £699 which sounds like a great deal as I was considering going for the Sony 55HX853 at £1199. £500 more for the Sony for just 5" of larger real estate seems a lot plus it might be too big.

What I'd like to know is before I jump ship is how does the GT50 fare against the new GT60 and does anyone think the GT60 is worth twice the price of a GT50?

^^ Wahoo!! I've just realised 'twas my 1500th post. :clap: :)

Last edited:
Mine Arrived yesterday and well chuffed with it, no buzzing, picture is awesome I cannot complain :)

This is really tempting. I can get a P50GT50 now for £699 which sounds like a great deal as I was considering going for the Sony 55HX853 at £1199. £500 more for the Sony for just 5" of larger real estate seems a lot plus it might be too big.

What I'd like to know is before I jump ship is how does the GT50 fare against the new GT60 and does anyone think the GT60 is worth twice the price of a GT50?

^^ Wahoo!! I've just realised 'twas my 1500th post. :clap: :)

Wow, P50GT50 for £699? where do you get such a bargain? I search googled it and found it priced £800++..

Well I had a phone call saying my GT50s power supply has been replaced, I have been without it for a week!
Been watching a crappy 32" Sony LCD - makes you realise how good the GT50 is!

Well I had a phone call saying my GT50s power supply has been replaced, I have been without it for a week!
Been watching a crappy 32" Sony LCD - makes you realise how good the GT50 is!

Snap, I had a 32" loan set for a week while mine way away, engineer booked in for Friday evening to check out my USB issues, hoping its something he can fix on site but doubt it, what kind of fix' would they actually carry out at your house, I was figuring anything which would require opening the set would mean they would take it away.

Snap, I had a 32" loan set for a week while mine way away, engineer booked in for Friday evening to check out my USB issues, hoping its something he can fix on site but doubt it, what kind of fix' would they actually carry out at your house, I was figuring anything which would require opening the set would mean they would take it away.

Well as mine is the 50" GT50 my local Panasonic Service centre would say they would collect it as it a 2-man lift.

Mine was collected Wednesday, had a phone call friday saying that a new PSU has been ordered so should have it back sometime this week.

They will box it back up and deliver it back to me - Cant say fairer than that!

I had to have a whole new panel installed in mine last week, only one guy turned up but never thought about what he would have done if I had a bad back or something, I guess if he dropped it I would just be asking for a new tv please ;)

^^ Saw it in John Lewis. It's an ex-display with 5 year warranty.

Whats the lowest price this set is likely to come down to with the gt60's just around the corner?

Guys, is there any way to reduce the timeout time that the MUTE shows on screen for? Seems to stay there for an eternity when I switch to listening through my amp.

Guys, is there any way to reduce the timeout time that the MUTE shows on screen for? Seems to stay there for an eternity when I switch to listening through my amp.

No there isn't, why not just turn the TV volume down all the way?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom