Panasonic GZ OLED Series Owners Thread

The Home cinema setting is the first setting under sound in the menu, it will say tv speaker and will toggle to home cinema. Also then turn tv speaker off further down and set atmos on if you have any atmos speakers connected.

I doubt the tv is faulty it is either a setting somewhere a hand-shacking issue or it don't like your soundbar.

I feel for you pal as I was pulling my hair out too till I tried that one last time and it worked for me.

If you can't get it to work throw an optical lead between the tv and soundbar at least you will get some better sound than using the tv speakers.

The Home cinema setting is the first setting under sound in the menu, it will say tv speaker and will toggle to home cinema. Also then turn tv speaker off further down and set atmos on if you have any atmos speakers connected.

I doubt the tv is faulty it is either a setting somewhere a hand-shacking issue or it don't like your soundbar.

I feel for you pal as I was pulling my hair out too till I tried that one last time and it worked for me.

If you can't get it to work throw an optical lead between the tv and soundbar at least you will get some better sound than using the tv speakers.

Thanks mate.
Don't see Home Cinema mode under Sound.
Am I missing something here?

Can you take a pic of the tv's menu with the sound part of the menu showing.

Look at post 22 second pic what does your show.

Can you take a pic of the tv's menu with the sound part of the menu showing.

Look at post 22 second pic what does your show.

Pic attached mate. Really appreciate your help.

Forgot to mention that my soundbar has dedicated HDMI inputs and HDMI OUT / eARC which is connected to HDMI 2 of the TV which are working fine.

Attachments

• IMG_20200808_202759876.jpg
    IMG_20200808_202759876.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 99
Above mode there should be a heading that says speaker selection like on the pic I posted.

In speaker selection it will show either tv speaker or home cinema and you can switch between the two.

You have got a GZ model tv haven't you.

I don't have home cinema in mine is this because I use a Bose sub and speakers connected to headphone socket.

Above mode there should be a heading that says speaker selection like on the pic I posted.

In speaker selection it will show either tv speaker or home cinema and you can switch between the two.

You have got a GZ model tv haven't you.

It's a 65GZ1000 mate. Double checked and no option named Home Cinema.

Tried few more things but still no luck.

Software version 3.217

It's a 65GZ1000 mate. Double checked and no option named Home Cinema.

Tried few more things but still no luck.

Software version 3.217
Very strange I've got a 65inch GZ950 and in the sound settings speaker settings TV or home cinema are at top the above the mode settings if its not set to home cinema you just get tv speakers

Very strange I've got a 65inch GZ950 and in the sound settings speaker settings TV or home cinema are at top the above the mode settings if its not set to home cinema you just get tv speakers

Yea very odd. I have the GZ and a Panny CX LCD and they both have Speaker Selection option above Mode which allows TV Speakers or Home Cinema. Can’t see it as being an option that wouldn't appear!

Yea very odd. I have the GZ and a Panny CX LCD and they both have Speaker Selection option above Mode which allows TV Speakers or Home Cinema. Can’t see it as being an option that wouldn't appear!
The option only appears when an external device is detected. So an optical cable or HDMI ARC device needs to be connected for it to display.

I've had it a few times where the TV fails to detect this and doesn't display the options. Power cycling the the TV and my AVR once or twice usually sorted it. Or I think once it needed a full power off at the wall for a few minutes.

Wondering if we got owners of 65GZ1000 here. Also how to switch BBC One live TV from SD to HD?

For Freeview you need channel 101 for BBC1HD and channel 1 for BBC1 SD.

For Freeview you need channel 101 for BBC1HD and channel 1 for BBC1 SD.

Thanks. Looks like the HD channels didn't get tuned.Retuning now.

All of these were working fine on my DX902.

Returning done. Now getting in HD. SD looked atrocious

Getting fed up with this ARC issue. I have pulled the plugs of both the TV and soundbar overnight and for hours but still wouldn't work.

Going to try connecting optical cable and see if that does something. I am not over reliant on ARC as I connect my player into the soundbar's HDMI iIN and soundbar's HDMI OUT to HDMI 2 of the TV which works fine.

When on HDMI 2 and switching on the soundbar, the TV shows 1080p/60Hz as if some handshake is going on but never switches to ARC.

Thanks. Looks like the HD channels didn't get tuned.Retuning now.

All of these were working fine on my DX902.

Returning done. Now getting in HD. SD looked atrocious

Getting fed up with this ARC issue. I have pulled the plugs of both the TV and soundbar overnight and for hours but still wouldn't work.
I have just tried disabling ARC on my Denon AVR. No change initially, but after turning the TV off and on, the 'Home Cinema' option disappeared and looked like your screenshot.

Is there any way to 'enable' ARC on the soundbar? It might be off by default.

@lgans316 , you don't have a dual-output disc player with the picture output going to one of the TV's inputs and the audio output going to the soundbar, by any chance? I'd start from absolute basics. Unplug everything from the TV, unplug everything from the soundbar, then depower both. Connect the soundbar ARC socket to HDMI2 and turn on the soundbar first, then the TV and see if that establishes an ARC connection. If that works, connect back all the other bits one at a time, checking by turning off and on the TV that ARC comes back up every time.

@lgans316 , you don't have a dual-output disc player with the picture output going to one of the TV's inputs and the audio output going to the soundbar, by any chance? I'd start from absolute basics. Unplug everything from the TV, unplug everything from the soundbar, then depower both. Connect the soundbar ARC socket to HDMI2 and turn on the soundbar first, then the TV and see if that establishes an ARC connection. If that works, connect back all the other bits one at a time, checking by turning off and on the TV that ARC comes back up every time.

Thanks. Will give your advice a try and feedback tomorrow.

Hi iguanas, you need to set viera link to on in the set up menu and the relevant setting on your sound bar . I didn't have speaker selection on my 950 till turned on viera link on tv and HDMI control on my amp. After i switched them both on speaker selection appeared above mode in sound menu. Hope that helps.

Hi iguanas, you need to set viera link to on in the set up menu and the relevant setting on your sound bar . I didn't have speaker selection on my 950 till turned on viera link on tv and HDMI control on my amp. After i switched them both on speaker selection appeared above mode in sound menu. Hope that helps.

Viera Link is ON mate. I have turned it off and then on incluidng pulling the power plug for several minutes.

On one instance the sound menu displayed HDMI audio options and on restart it disappeared. Definitely something fishy is going on in the TV.

Anyone knows if the subwoofer out can be used without any volume on the TV? I would like to the TV to only output LFE via subwoofer output and no sound coming out of TV speaker or the ability to turn the TV speaker volume at 0 but still get LFE via subwoofer out. Is this possible?

Lots of people seem to have problems with ARC on this TV, but it seems particularly to be when the soundbar has previously been used with another TV. Some people have had success establishing a pairing by turning off the power to both the TV and the soundbar *at the wall*, waiting a minute or so, and then repowering.

Also worth pointing out that others have said that ARC is disabled if the TV detects that an optical cable is plugged in, so make sure that isn't the case.
I have no problems with my Sonos Beam soundbar , is connected via ARC and even viera link function works great with it , basically switching it to standby when tv is off .

Viera Link is ON mate. I have turned it off and then on incluidng pulling the power plug for several minutes.

On one instance the sound menu displayed HDMI audio options and on restart it disappeared. Definitely something fishy is going on in the TV.

Sorry pal but just search ARC in this thread, and any other Panasonic TV thread. ARC and Panny TVs is simply as reliable as a Scottish summer. Aint gonna happen mate.

Some work, most don't.

Hi igans316, have you managed to get speaker selection up on your sound menu yet, not sure about subwoofer but if you get speaker selection on and set it to home cinema the tv speaker setting is switched off by default. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be able to help you with sub.

Sorry pal but just search ARC in this thread, and any other Panasonic TV thread. ARC and Panny TVs is simply as reliable as a Scottish summer. Aint gonna happen mate.

Some work, most don't.

Not quite sure it's most don't work...I've have several Panasonic TVs and different sound sources form amps to soundbars with all of them and have never had any ARC issues...it just worked first time each time. I have had the odd issue where the sound wouldn't kick in if I say switched on straight to a TV app but that is very rare and just fixed by either switching to another source and back or power off and on.

Now, I haven't used any other make of TV with ARC or used optical and I might just be the only very, very lucky one ;)

I know ARC can be a bit flakey on all TVs but most times it does work fine. I do have to say that I have no idea why it just doesn't work for some people (or takes a ridiculous process to get it running first time). Should simply be set your devices up correctly, attach the HDMI cable and power on and select Home Cinema.

Never had any issues using ARC with my Sonos Beam 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom