Panasonic GZ2000 4K OLED Review & Comments

Extremely surprised at no 10 for this one. No 10 ratings since last years C8/Q9F... be interesting to see if we get a 10 this year!

Extremely surprised at no 10 for this one. No 10 ratings since last years C8/Q9F... be interesting to see if we get a 10 this year!
Sounds like it's not a great deal better than the one that's nearly half the price. Doesn't move the game on a great deal really.

Great review waiting for the GZ950 to drop this is way overpriced for me, even if you wait until next year and arrives with no Dolby speakers we are still talking about £3000 RRP. The gains in picture quality like your review states are minimal.

I think this is probably about as good as oled will reach imo. Does anyone truly expect huge leaps in oled PQ these days?

I think this is probably about as good as oled will reach imo. Does anyone truly expect huge leaps in oled PQ these days?
I'd imagine improvements in the panel for the next lot will probably beat what this can do. It's still a relatively young technology so it's bound to get better and better.

What an amazing review Phil with so much information provided for us, thank you.
When comparing the GZ2000 to the Sony X300, will we see a consumer panel up to this standard in the next couple of years, if not why not.
(Sorry but now off topic)
I know its still a couple of years away but when mini /micro hits the market, will the X300 still be top dog ?

Good solid review. Pretty much expected all that was written in the review, from hearing what other calibrators have said about the Gz2000 and from having the Gz2000 for a week when I still had my Af9.

Great tv,although very expensive for the little better performance.

But having a Gz2000 for nearly a week ,and having a set with superb uniformity,
I would've been more than happy to have paid full price for this set.

but as I had to pay £800 on top for my broken Af9 credit note,I'm even more happy.

Wouldn't swap this set for anything. Best set I've ever had

Can anyone tell me if there is a night mode or DRC/ARC options for sound on this TV?
Thanks

It got 10s on the most important aspects the picture quality

I am surprised it did not get a 10 for colour accuracy as this is where Panasonic always excel at

Last edited:
Fantastic review Phil, the 27min video was extremely thorough, clearly see a lot of work involved.

Very interesting comparisons both with the Sony and the other oleds (nice to have your very own shootout !).

Thanks for testing and reporting on autocal, while calibration is common here, most likely less common in the average home, user calibration may be even more niche, but it’s certainly something I enjoy and can’t wait to use (with the built in pattern generator).
With all options sounds like a calibrators dream set.

Good call on mentioning that a good few of us would like this without the additional speakers. Give me that with hdmi 2.1 in 2020 and it will be my PS5’s new monitor !

The uniformity sounds impressive, issues I’m seeing more often with darker HDR content on my older oled. I would pay extra for solid uniformity. I really hope this trend continues.

I think your nanosys guest was saying QD oled is still some 2-3 years away (assuming that’s RGB rather than WRGB?), so for now this sounds like we are reaching the oled heights...mind you, not long to CES :)

Great review and the reason I just returned my GZ 1000 ! :)
I’m going to swap it out for the GZ2000 , nothin wrong with the 1000 , I love it to death , But it just didn’t work with my Samsung HWQ90 sound bar , or more accurately the sound bar didn’t work with the GZ . ( no Dolby Vision pass through, audio drops , cluttered install with 4 separate power points to find for the sub and rears . )
So the GZ 2000 should fit my apartment so much better , I’ll get no issues passing a signal through anything, sound will be more than adequate for my needs and I’ll get a supposedly better panel .
although I very much doubt I’ll be able to tell the difference. Cost wise it was a couple of hundred $ more to swap out , but I see this as a far better solution for me .

Nice review!

Editors please note that the price of the product is not visible in mobile version of the webpage.

If ever there was a head vs heart purchase it's this telly!
Well there was £2000 difference in price between the GZ2000 and GZ950 when I bought in June. Given that I’ll never even so much as switch on an internal TV speaker the choice of the 950 seems like a no brainer based on the minimal image quality differences. My head was originally turned by all that custom panel marketing and talk but glad I ignored it.

I think I read somewhere that there's no longer actually any way to have custom 3DLUTs on the Panasonic TVs - that the 3DLUT is only used internally (not even Calman can access it). Is that the case? Seems a shame if so.

Nice review, I love this TV. Have it now for a week. Just anquick question, di you callibrate the SDH gamma towards bt.1886 or the regular gamma (2.2/2.4)?

Great review...at a price which is beyond what I would spend for a 65 inch TV. At least the crackle issue is fixed, which is a big relief to owners and prospective buyers.

If ever there was a head vs heart purchase it's this telly!

Isn't it inevitable that Panasonic will release a TV with the panel upgrades but without the expensive built-in speakers? I would have thought there's a gap in the market there...

It's hard to wrap my head around any TV possibly looking better than my GZ950 though. :thumbsup:

It must be a pain having to write these reviews. Knowing that the vast majority of what you're writing is transferable from other write-ups & having to duplicate the same information over and over. You guys deserve medals for that alone... 👍

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom