Panasonic GZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

Updated: Do you hear speaker crackling when watching the GZ2000

• I still have crackling even after the latest version of the firmware

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
860 nits? Is that it? LG C8 can do close to 850 and Philips around 900 nits. Still waiting for that magic 1000 nits.
Why are you so hung up on the nit count surely if you were really interested in the GZ2000 your primary goal would be overall picture quality, correct me if I’m wrong but I have not read any where on Panasonic literature claiming 1000 nits all they said was there will be a 30% increase in brightness from last years model. we have been told time and time again from pro reviewers that high nit count does not necessarily equal better picture quality I must be missing something about nits.

Why are you so hung up on the nit count surely if you were really interested in the GZ2000 your primary goal would be overall picture quality, correct me if I’m wrong but I have not read any where on Panasonic literature claiming 1000 nits all they said was there will be a 30% increase in brightness from last years model. we have been told time and time again from pro reviewers that high nit count does not necessarily equal better picture quality I must be missing something about nits.

If I was obsessed with nits, I wouldn't be in the OLED threads lol and owning a LG-C8.

This means 100% sustained brightness should be 30% higher than 2018 which sounds too good to be true.

Anyways, I am awaiting early reviews from owners.

Hahah. So who will crack and call them? Agonisingly stuck on a customer site in a meeting at the moment praying my signal stays so I can step out and take the call if they do call

Date 25th... Month December... What has Santa bought me.... oh wait, Date 25th... Month July... Santa aka RS confirm its on the sleigh... same thing, different month, end result, happy campers :):)

p.s. I have a 950.. :) all you lucky people suddenly taking tomorrow off !!

Date 25th... Month December... What has Santa bought me.... oh wait, Date 25th... Month July... Santa aka RS confirm its on the sleigh... same thing, different month, end result, happy campers :):)

p.s. I have a 950.. :) all you lucky people suddenly taking tomorrow off !!
I will be “working from home”

Heads up, time to clear the passageways !!

Had the call just after 11 from RS - being delivered to me tomorrow

I'll apparently be getting a further email later with a more detailed window of times between for it to turn up as well :D

Double post. May as well make my error useful - also had a text message confirming delivery - so phone call, email and text message. They definitely cover every possibility :)

Last edited:
I don't know exactly why (as I won't be getting one), but I'm very excited for everyone getting one of these... Looking forward to the impressions, and really hope above all that everyone gets theirs defect free.. :smashin:

News well worth a double post. Did you manage to get some help with the setup at home?

Definitely worth it in this case. It was the 1st of May when I placed the order - feels a lot longer lol. Re. setup, I chance encountered my neighbours son yesterday, whose a gentle man mountain, and moving back in to live/care for his parents next door. He reminded me, that he's always ready to help if needed, and as he says - it'll cost you a cup of tea though :)

The only minor amendment with my order, is the player. That is coming from elsewhere, and won't arrive until next week. No matter, I'll have reams of things to be doing before that arrives, and in fact will make the setup this weekend less daunting - TV and new woofer is plenty to be getting on with :)

Definitely worth it in this case. It was the 1st of May when I placed the order - feels a lot longer lol. Re. setup, I chance encountered my neighbours son yesterday, whose a gentle man mountain, and moving back in to live/care for his parents next door. He reminded me, that he's always ready to help if needed, and as he says - it'll cost you a cup of tea though :)

The only minor amendment with my order, is the player. That is coming from elsewhere, and won't arrive until next week. No matter, I'll have reams of things to be doing before that arrives, and in fact will make the setup this weekend less daunting - TV and new woofer is plenty to be getting on with :)
You were numero uno!

All you lucky beggars out there. Whatever I had planned for tomorrow's been replaced with monitoring this thread!

Fingers crossed for everyone else getting their calls. Got
All you lucky beggars out there. Whatever I had planned for tomorrow's been replaced with monitoring this thread!

You were numero uno!

As were you for the full on 65" version..:)

I've gotta vamoosh for now though, lots going on today away from all this...and then this evening a certain piece of junk to unplug and send to a museum...making room for it's long awaited replacement !!

Chat later, and fingers crossed those waiting today to get their calls

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom