Panasonic GZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

Updated: Do you hear speaker crackling when watching the GZ2000

• I still have crackling even after the latest version of the firmware

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi mate

I was a bit gutted about the AG9. Got it at a steal and the size was amazing.

It was a combination of issues - little bit of dse but primarily, lots of sound drop outs, black screens, loss of sound completely and internal app crashing.

This drive my wife to despair and she was the final decision maker. I had struggled to convince her that the size wasn’t vulgar in our smallish living room, so it didn’t take much for her to want to throw it out the window! :(

I managed to convince JL to swap the HZ for same price as the AG9 so well below current RRP.

Forgoing size for quality, or at least I thought so, the panel is shocking, really bad tint!

Swap on Friday, I pray it’s ok or I swear I’m going LCD!:laugh:
I hope the next one is a keeper, as it's no fun boxing up this beast let alone a 77 inch AG9 .. the tv's may get newer but they come fully equipped with the same old problems.. fingers crossed for Friday.

Out of curiosity, what happened that suddenly you are so happy about it?

What really changed my opinion was appreciating what I have just bought. Considering what technology is inside this TV and comparing it to what I have been used too in the past.

Watching the blu rays and playing about with the settings such as the PQ mode.
The sound of Dolby atmos is really the best tv sound I’ve ever owned (I don’t need to use it though as I have a denon x3600).
The Design and build quality of the TV set and the price I paid.
I still don’t think design wise it’s better than the old Panasonic cr852b curved and I have enclosed a spot the difference picture for set up purposes only.
4k content I’m still not convinced - you guys really need to tel me what I’m doing wrong here? Dolby vision does come up when that’s enabled. But paired with the ub9000 I just don’t see the fuss about 4k? The 1080p blu ray look just as good. The settings are all ok, Help?

Attachments

• 3F8B166F-5BA8-4A12-B28E-1675661AD845.jpeg
    3F8B166F-5BA8-4A12-B28E-1675661AD845.jpeg
    253 KB · Views: 103
  • 7E487934-146E-4ECF-BCB0-91FD6B55B244.jpeg
    7E487934-146E-4ECF-BCB0-91FD6B55B244.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 116
I had the 65" CR852 tv and design wise it was a thing of beauty and exuded quality the GZ on the other hand is simply a tv. The picture quality on the other hand is where the OLED is leaps and bounds better. :thumbsup:

The 1080p blu ray look just as good. The settings are all ok, Help?
It could be that the upscaling is so good that you don't see that much of a leap in quality. I've noticed this with some 1080p blu-rays as well.

However, where you should see a significant leap on quality is with reference 4K HDR blu-rays. Try some nature documentaries such as Seven worlds one planet or even Planet earth 2 and it should seriously impress you. If you still don't see much of a difference, it would be very surprising.

I think the often subtle difference between HD and UHD proves how much of a white elephant 8K is going to be.

I think the often subtle difference between HD and UHD proves how much of a white elephant 8K is going to be.
Agreed the HDR is a massive step up .. HD / UHD not so much.. having said that big step up from SD /HD.

Would anyone like to share their calibrated settings? I'm aware of the debate about using other's settings but I don't have professional calibrator in my region. I'm curious and keen to try what has worked for others

Would anyone like to share their calibrated settings? I'm aware of the debate about using other's settings but I don't have professional calibrator in my region. I'm curious and keen to try what has worked for others
Unless you can replicate the viewing environment in which the TV was calibrated, using the calibrated settings for that TV is pointless. That's not taking into account the panel variances that would have come into play neither. And without the experience of what a calibrated picture looks like (I'm assuming...), you'll not know whether what you end up with is 'good' or 'bad'. Merely, whether you like it or not. And that's not what calibration is about. You can achieve that by just fiddling with the picture settings.
You're best off sticking with Pro 1 and/ or 2 or calibrating it yourself.

Paul

Unless you can replicate the viewing environment in which the TV was calibrated, using the calibrated settings for that TV is pointless. That's not taking into account the panel variances that would have come into play neither. And without the experience of what a calibrated picture looks like (I'm assuming...), you'll not know whether what you end up with is 'good' or 'bad'. Merely, whether you like it or not. And that's not what calibration is about. You can achieve that by just fiddling with the picture settings.
You're best off sticking with Pro 1 and/ or 2 or calibrating it yourself.

Paul
I completely get it but there's no harm right. I'm only keen to try what others have used

I completely get it but there's no harm right. I'm only keen to try what others have used
It depends what you're trying to achieve. If you're after accuracy, you're wasting your time and you could very likely make the image you're watching, less accurate.

If you just want to get an image you like the look of then no, there's no harm in just fiddling.

Paul

Hi Guys, I just got my GZ2000 last month. Looking to pair with a subwoofer but have little knowledge on them. For music I use a Marantz amp paired with Wharfdale diamond 220s. Any tips on features I should be looking at when buying a subwoofer (in this context), or subwoofer recommendations?

Hi Guys, I just got my GZ2000 last month. Looking to pair with a subwoofer but have little knowledge on them. For music I use a Marantz amp paired with Wharfdale diamond 220s. Any tips on features I should be looking at when buying a subwoofer (in this context), or subwoofer recommendations?
There's lots of information on this subject in this thread. A search would bear fruit.

It's also worth bearing in mind that any subwoofer with a phono input could connect to the GZ2000. As such, the TV doesn't really factor in the equation, your room size and shape, and how you like your bass are the key factors. With that in mind, the Subwoofer forum would also be worth looking in for information.

Paul

I got the Q Acoustics 3070S to go with mine and it does a great job

Anyone got a Sonos Five connected to this Tv?.

Just heard one connected to a HZ2000 and it was pretty impressive.

So after sorting out my ub9000 issues I can finally report that it's running flawlessly. Holy moley this TV is absolutely stunning.

Toy Story 4 was jaw dropping. My wife who doesn't care about this stuff was blown away. HDR is next level over my Sony A8f.

Could not be happier. Gaming is a dream too.

Does anyone know any details about this firmware update that was recently available in Australia? All it said on Panasonics website was the general improvements lines..

Attachments

• 71345D20-E22E-4471-84DC-7E44924FD484.jpeg
    71345D20-E22E-4471-84DC-7E44924FD484.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 69
So after sorting out my ub9000 issues I can finally report that it's running flawlessly. Holy moley this TV is absolutely stunning.

Toy Story 4 was jaw dropping. My wife who doesn't care about this stuff was blown away. HDR is next level over my Sony A8f.

Could not be happier. Gaming is a dream too.

Yeah the hdr is a very nice step up and I also come from a Dolby vision "dim" A8F also :) I find many eyes have that bright shine/pop in the pupil I never seen before and all highlight like fire and lamps, wow. I went for the hz2000 just because I like the panasonic sensing and DV IQ stuff.

Playing Genshin Impact is really nice and panasonics implementation of game mode (from the options) is really the best way and doesn't change the great basic settings from pro/filmmaker.

My GZ2000 and UB9000 arrived this week. Planning the detail of installation and need to keep it as tidy and simple as possible. Probably will add a BK sub.

We hate seeing lots of cables so will have Sub, Blue Ray and TV vertically aligned and wall coloured trunking to hide.

So a couple of questions

1. Trunking will need to cover Cat5e + HDMI + power - semi circular but what diameter?
2. I used to have a mini power strip and small plugs for my hifi years ago, is there anything similar available today for 230v and 13A? It needs 3 outlets.

Thanks

A

Last edited:
My GZ2000 and UB9000 arrived this week. Planning the detail of installation and need to keep it as tidy and simple as possible. Probably will add a BK sub.

We hate seeing lots of cables so will have Sub, Blue Ray and TV vertically aligned and wall coloured trunking to hide.

So a couple of questions

1. Trunking will need to cover Cat5e + HDMI + power - semi circular but what diameter?
2. I used to have a mini power strip and small plugs for my hifi years ago, is there anything similar available today for 230v and 13A? It needs 3 outlets.

Thanks

A
1. Will depend on the diameter of your ethernet, HDMI and power cables combined. It's difficult to give a recommendation without that information. That aside, B&Q etc will have what you need I suspect.

2. You can get a power strip from any number of places. I prefer mine without lights or switches and usually get them from B&M. Again though, places like B&Q will sell them.

Paul

As above. I used 30x15mm D Line trunking for my TV to carry the power cable and 2 HDMIs, and that was a bit tight.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom