Panasonic HZ OLED Series Owners Thread

Thank you. As you're an owner of a HZ1500, how are you getting on with it. Currently torn be between the 1500 or pushing the boat out for the 2000, but unsure if it's worth the extra outlay?
I’m very pleased with mine,
I came from an LG E6 which failed under warranty and the settlement was the price of a 2000 or money. I took the money then plumped for the 1500.
I think it’s a surprisingly big improvement over the LG in terms of colour and near black performance.
I couldn’t tell you how much different the 2000 would be. It’s got higher peak brightness for HDR content, so I guess you would have to be able to find somewhere that you can do a side by side comparison.
I don’t feel as though I have personally made a bad decision.

The 2000 does have a beefier built in sound system but I use a surround system for movie, boxset viewing which is far superior to the tv’s speakers.

I came from an LG E6 which failed under warranty and the settlement was the price of a 2000 or money. I took the money then plumped for the 1500.
I think it’s a surprisingly big improvement over the LG in terms of colour and near black performance.
I couldn’t tell you how much different the 2000 would be. It’s got higher peak brightness for HDR content, so I guess you would have to be able to find somewhere that you can do a side by side comparison.

The 2000 does have a beefier built in sound system but I use a surround system for movie, boxset viewing which is far superior to the tv’s speakers.
Thanks for taking the time to answer.

The replacement hz1500 has arrived. The plastic film has definitely been taken off. Ill report back when it's beded in.

With a fault on my 55fz802 JL collecting I'm expecting to have to choose another thinking of tge 55hz1000

Is this the closest to the FZ and is the Hz
Anyone else upgraded from FZ and I love the FZ so looking for something as good if not better
I use custom setting a tweak from there is that setting on the HZ1000

Thanks in advance

Excellent, stick with it, and try to gradually reduce the luminance to 50 if you can, particularly in a dark room. Keeping it on Pro you will see a much more defined picture, more detail and more depth, as well as much more accurate colours and skin tones, proper whites and good near black detail. Movies in particular will look much more accurate.

As far as the sub is concerned I'm no expert, but you just need a modestly priced (£300 ish?) active sub that you connect to the TV with an RCA cable.I believe that BK are often recommended on here, but there are many manufacturers. Then just go into the Sound menu and select Subwoofer.
How about one below £200 like a Cambridge or Polk?

My interest in the HZ2000 has more to do with its more powerful sound system than the the screen upgrade. I'm unsure if that's worth the extra money?

I see that Amazon Basics do both ordinary cables at £5.99 & certified at £9.99 for 1.8m lengths. Which do you favour?
I've got the £5.99 one's I've had them a few years the £9.99 ones are newer just came out this year the same hdmi spec but the £9.99 ones have a braided cable they'll both do the same job

I see that Amazon Basics do both ordinary cables at £5.99 & certified at £9.99 for 1.8m lengths. Which do you favour?
Always go for the Premium Certified cables. In my experience, you have more chance of them working as they should and if they don't, send them back for another as they're not fit for purpose.
My interest in the HZ2000 has more to do with its more powerful sound system than the the screen upgrade. I'm unsure if that's worth the extra money?
That being the case, have you considered the HZ1500? It utilises the same speaker set up as the HZ2000 but, forgoes the HZ2000's panel for the typical LGD 'finished' panel.

Paul

That being the case, have you considered the HZ1500? It utilises the same speaker set up as the HZ2000 but, forgoes the HZ2000's panel for the typical LGD 'finished' panel.

Good suggestion, but the HZ1500 does not have the same speaker setup. According to the panasonic website:

HZ2000: 140W (40W x 2 + 20W x 3)
HZ1500: 80W (15W x 2 + 20W + 15W x 2)
HZ1000: 30W (15W x 2)

Good suggestion, but the HZ1500 does not have the same speaker setup. According to the panasonic website:

HZ2000: 140W (40W x 2 + 20W x 3)
HZ1500: 80W (15W x 2 + 20W + 15W x 2)
HZ1000: 30W (15W x 2)
It's the same speaker configuration, just different power ratings.

Last edited:
Ot's the same speaker configuration, just different power ratings.
So HZ2000 140w = 2+ 40w Atmos speakers. with 3 + 20w speakers in the front soundbar.
HZ1500 80w= 2+15w Atmos speakers 2+15w stereo in front soundbar & and I assume the remaining 20w are a built in soundbar which appears to be missing on the 2000.

So HZ2000 140w = 2+ 40w Atmos speakers. with 3 + 20w speakers in the front soundbar.
HZ1500 80w= 2+15w Atmos speakers 2+15w stereo in front soundbar & and I assume the remaining 20w are a built in soundbar which appears to be missing on the 2000.
As far as I'm aware, the HZ1500 doesn't have a subwoofer built in (assuming that's what you meant). I think Panasonic have just cocked up the specs on that page and the HZ1500 actually has a 3x15W front array and 2x15w upfiring array.

What I'm interested in is that the HZ2000 has more powerful up firing amps than soundbar amps. 🤔

Paul

What I'm interested in is that the HZ2000 has more powerful up firing amps than soundbar amps. 🤔

Paul
Agree. The HZ1500 speaker system appears more balanced on paper , so I too would be interested if someone could explain the advantages of the more powerful atmos speakers on the HZ2000?

So My hz1000 has about 10 hours on it and I checked for red / pink shading and on white it looks okish, some tinting for sure to me but on 5% grey it does not.

EE1CB6F7-41A2-42D4-A189-451980F54181.jpegE5140A4B-47DA-42E5-ABA1-7C9270ECE787.jpeg

Not sure what to do. Go trough the whole exchange proces or life with it.

So My hz1000 has about 10 hours on it and I checked for red / pink shading and on white it looks okish, some tinting for sure to me but on 5% grey it does not.

View attachment 1389270View attachment 1389269

Not sure what to do. Go trough the whole exchange proces or life with it.
Is it noticeable in normal viewing?

I've never checked any panels as when you've seen it it's hard to unsee
Though now my FZ has a vertical line fault o checked it and it's perfect👌 typical

Hoping if I have to choose I'll pick 55hz1000 but sounds this year its definitely a lottery unlike the FZ was

Last edited:
No I dont think i notice it. I was watching Our planet the other day and the snow scenes looked white to me and other stuff aswell.

The only reason I checked was because I am an idiot.....

Do need to check a dark scene to see but not sure what to watch go check

Is that the 55 or 65" version out of curiosity?

This is a 65".

Doubting what to do, I do not think it is to bad and on plain white it looks there is not really a tint to see.

I do find the darker left side weird and the bottom darker "bar" is also kind of weird but in normal content I have not seen either yet. Although I did not play really dark scenes on it yet.

I still am in the 14 days return period so I could still return it easily (I hope with 12 playing hours on it)

This is a 65".

Doubting what to do, I do not think it is to bad and on plain white it looks there is not really a tint to see.

I do find the darker left side weird and the bottom darker "bar" is also kind of weird but in normal content I have not seen either yet. Although I did not play really dark scenes on it yet.

I still am in the 14 days return period so I could still return it easily (I hope with 12 playing hours on it)

You are stressing over something that you can't actually see?

Did you see the review by Vincent on HDTVTest? looks like all the 65" (Panasonic, Sony, LG) all had that same effect. I "think" he said that he couldn't see it in actual content.

Worth keeping in mind as a replacement may be likely to have the same.

Did you see the review by Vincent on HDTVTest? looks like all the 65" (Panasonic, Sony, LG) all had that same effect. I "think" he said that he couldn't see it in actual content.

Worth keeping in mind as a replacement may be likely to have the same.
I have not seen it on my 65", it looks fine.

You are stressing over something that you can't actually see?

To be fair i would be the same initially. You worry that you just haven't played the right content to see it.

I'll put my hands up that I have avoided running the 5% test for fear of finding something and then not being able to unsee it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom