Panasonic launch DX802, DX750 and DX700 Ultra HD 4K HDR TVs 2016 Convention Report & Video

Does HDR 10 support always mean a 10 bit panel?
Looking good. Will you have more on the UHD BD player ?

Hello to Frankfurt, Mr Withers! Since Panasonic do read these threads, could you please ask them:
  1. Please, please, to make the flagship DX902 in 50" and 75" sizes, as well as the existing 58" and 65";
  2. To make the stand upright, not sloping gently backwards. They made the VT65 and ZT65 plasmas perfectly upright, not sloping backwards, and they, at the same sizes, were heavier than the DX902;
  3. To make the stand a normal width, not the whole width of the television. Again, they managed that with all their plasmas ....
  4. If not the flagship DX902, please to make a 75" television. My next television will be a 4K HDR television, at 75", and at present the forthcoming Sony 75XD904, which will be about £5,000, is the only game in town - the 77" LG Signature G6 OLED will be vastly too expensive, since the suggested 65" version will be $8,000 US dollars, which will become £8,000.
  5. Please continue with 3D!

How impressed are you Steve with the DX750? I have ordered the 50 inch today.
Any idea on the input lag too?

I am upgrading from a Sony 46W905, will the 4K and HDR blow me away compared to my full HD Sony?
Any word on getting the UHD Blu Ray player at a discount if buying a 2016 tv?

I for one will be interested in hearing how the 49" DX600 stands up, as the only non-VA panel in their line up.

Hello to Frankfurt, Mr Withers! Since Panasonic do read these threads, could you please ask them:
  1. Please, please, to make the flagship DX902 in 50" and 75" sizes, as well as the existing 58" and 65";
  2. To make the stand upright, not sloping gently backwards. They made the VT65 and ZT65 plasmas perfectly upright, not sloping backwards, and they, at the same sizes, were heavier than the DX902;
  3. To make the stand a normal width, not the whole width of the television. Again, they managed that with all their plasmas ....
  4. If not the flagship DX902, please to make a 75" television. My next television will be a 4K HDR television, at 75", and at present the forthcoming Sony , which will be about £5,000, is the only game in town - the 77" LG Signature G6 OLED will be vastly too expensive, since the suggested 65" version will be $8,000 US dollars, which will become £8,000.

If the SONY 75XD904 is anything like its predecessors dw it will be an incredible set

Well done to panasonic for addressing the input lag, you cant fault them when it comes to addressing consumer concerns thats for sure!
Now if only there was a 75 dx902, Bigger is always better so they say.
My current set is 65 but I'm thinking the next is going to have to be bigger. I hope they dont limit their sets to 65 in the future and a 75 model would def peak my interest

Anyone know the price of the dx750 and anywhere it is already listed? Thanks

Thanks for the article.
I do not know why but 8xx seems atractive for me ... wall mounted with out the stand :)

4. If not the flagship DX902, please to make a 75" television. My next television will be a 4K HDR television, at 75", and at present the forthcoming Sony 75XD904, which will be about £5,000, is the only game in town - the 77" LG Signature G6 OLED will be vastly too expensive, since the suggested 65" version will be $8,000 US dollars, which will become £8,000.
As far as different screen sizes are concerned Panasonic might struggle to fit 512 LEDs behind a 50" screen and they are dependent of their panel supplier, so perhaps 75" isn't available or maybe they feel there just isn't enough demand for a screen that big.

As I mentioned in another thread Ken, the old plasmas had a central stand with the weight evenly distributed, whereas the DX902 is very front heavy. If it bothers you that much you could wall mount the TV instead.

I agree that the current trend for wide stands is annoying for many people and Panasonic have undoubtedly lost sales because of them in the past. It doesn't help with regards to the DX902 but they have clearly realised that with their new line-up because most offer stands that can be wide or narrower.

I'll pass on your request for a 75" screen size somewhere in their line-up.

Panasonic said that they will continue to support 3D and in fact they don't understand why other manufacturers are dropping it when including active shutter 3D doesn't really add to cost of producing the TV these days.

Its a shame they're not bringing the 43" version of the DX750 to the UK as its available in Japan

As far as different screen sizes are concerned Panasonic might struggle to fit 512 LEDs behind a 50" screen and they are dependent of their panel supplier, so perhaps 75" isn't available or maybe they feel there just isn't enough demand for a screen that big.

Many thanks for the rest of the detail in your answer, Mr Withers. I'll just observe that in post #8 of this thread, El Dukeo also wanted a 75" version of the flagship DX902, so that makes at least two people asking, on this sub-section of the forum alone! Imagine how many people UK-wide or worldwide might want a 75" television, eh Panasonic?? :) At the moment such people are forced to go to Sony, LG or Samsung.

Last edited:
Actually Sony, LG, Samsung and Philips all do 75" TVs, so you're right Panasonic are the only major brand who don't offer that screen size. I will pass your thoughts on to them Ken.

Actually Sony, LG, Samsung and Philips all do 75" TVs, so you're right Panasonic are the only major brand who don't offer that screen size. I will pass your thoughts on to them Ken.
Yet again, thank you most kindly, Mr Withers! :)

Thanks! Did you also find out how many of the new TVs have a 10bit panel? [emoji846]

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom