Panasonic Oled at IFA: it's real (and flat)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, is there a link available for those of us who don't have Facebook?

Okay thanks anyway.

Actually I live in Berlin and could report to you about the news from IFA but I am on vacation abroad :(

i wonder what panel it uses and how much its gonna cost, hope it doesnt ship with that white border.

CrMW_NaWcAQ22z0.jpg

Huh?

"Compared to plasma and LCD, which both have backlit panels, an OLED display already manages deep blacks but not perfect, deep space black."

we dont need it any darker (there pitch black already) we need it brighter and better uniformity plus saying that this years oleds make you squint

i wonder what panel it uses and how much its gonna cost, hope it doesnt ship with that white border.
Why oh WHY.
Just make a black bezel please pany.

Last edited:
Huh?

"Compared to plasma and LCD, which both have backlit panels, an OLED display already manages deep blacks but not perfect, deep space black."

Lol. 2 big inaccuracies in just one sentence o_O.

Hmmm , so plasma uses a backlit panel & OLED can't do perfect deep blacks.

Complete nonsense.

At least it looks like we have another company manufacturing OLED panels could bring the prices down in future but i think panasonic will go through some panel problems in the 1st year or 2

At least it looks like we have another company manufacturing OLED panels could bring the prices down in future but i think panasonic will go through some panel problems in the 1st year or 2
Are they or is it just a lg panel and they are doing the guts to it?
That article is kinda whak.. Say's they unveiled their first oled in 2015.. the panel was LG as we know..

Where did you read that they manufacturing OLED panels?

Are they or is it just a lg panel and they are doing the guts to it?
That article is kinda whak.. Say's they unveiled their first oled in 2015.. the panel was LG as we know..
Yeah, I have been looking for it but I have not seen a direct reference that they are manufacturing.

Yeah, I chuckled when I read the "space black" part. What Panasonic talked about was near black and shadow detail.

Lol I was reading that article with a o_O expression on my face. Especially about the black part.

Im kinda reading between the lines with " by showing off a new OLED TV prototype it claims will use next-generation processing technology to reach blacker levels than ever before " either its there panel or they are just using technology im hoping its there panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom