Panasonic shows off “MegaCon” and Transparent OLED prototypes - news discussion

Transparent Oled sounds fantastic, but will be bloody expansive.
It's a fantastic idea as these screen are getting bigger but who wants to look at a big black screen when not in use, where a transparent will help blend in to the home.

I believe the Sony Dual layer LCD monitor uses a Panasonic panel, so if Panasonic can bring this to a reasonable price it would be amazing. My LG Oled is a little over a year old and has burn in in a few spots despite me being careful to avoid static images, so don't think I'll go for Oled again, so the more alternatives the better.

Great!Rear panel on Panasonics is not the prettiest;now you’ll be seeing it from the front!

Does the codename "MegaCon" denote that these TVs are more of a con than the ones that preceded them? Are these a forerunner to the rumoured SuperSwindle models?

Last edited:
Are these a forerunnong to the rumoured SuperSwindle models?

:D Yes,you’d think they would come up with something a little less obvious:Now ‘Forerunnong’;I bet that hasn’t been used before! (Also sounds a bit Japanese-or is it just me?)

They certainly might have a rethink if they read feedback like this thread!

I believe the Sony Dual layer LCD monitor uses a Panasonic panel, so if Panasonic can bring this to a reasonable price it would be amazing. My LG Oled is a little over a year old and has burn in in a few spots despite me being careful to avoid static images, so don't think I'll go for Oled again, so the more alternatives the better.
Which Lg model do you own if you don't mind me asking?

A beautiful idea would love a screen like that amazing in your living room..

regards o..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom