Panasonic TVs - a bit puzzled

nheather

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
My son is looking for a low end 55” 4K TV, around the £500-£600 mark and has been looking at TVs sold by John Lewis and Richer Sounds.

One that is puzzling us is a Panasonic.

In JL it is called TX-55HX585B

and in RS it is called TX-55HX580B

John Lewis is claiming this to be a 2020 model but there is nothing like either os these on the Panasonic website, nor can I find reviews for either os them.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Nigel

I've found pages for both model numbers on the Panasonic website

The JL one (585) is listed as a JL exclusive but a cursory glance at the product pages doesnt throw up anything obviously different. The 580 is available from other shops as well as RS.

The cynical part of my brain is saying the John Lewis price match guarantee might be a reason for the different model number, JL can say it's a different model so refuse to match price from other outlets. That's just a guess though.

You'll find the same with TVs that are sold in Currys. I think that if they have a different number they can legally say that it is exclusive to that particular dealer. The cynic in you is probably right about saying that do not price match that particular model.

I get the retailer specific number - that is an old trick.

But what TV is it, I can’t find it on the Panasonic website, or anything that looks like it. When I searched the RS model number it only returned the RS and Hughes.

No reviews on either the JL or RS sites.

Cheers,

Nigel

But what TV is it, I can’t find it on the Panasonic website, or anything that looks like it. When I searched the RS model number it only returned the RS and Hughes.

Cheers,

Nigel

Your question was answered in post2

My daughter has just bought one as a replacement for an old Panasonic LCD with a smashed screen, when my 3yr old grand daughter decided to have a tantrum and throw a plastic water bottle at it.

JonUK

Cheers,

Nigel
Maybe I'm on Nigel's ignore list 😀

I've already posted direct links, you can also find it if you view all " All 4K Ultra HD LED Televisions" from the menu on the Panasonic UK website. I did notice if you filter by size when viewing TVs nether listing shows up.

FYI both listings specifically state new for 2020

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom