Panasonic TX-50DXE720 Best TV Picture Settings

xcalibur

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for best picture settings for my new Panasonic TX-50DXE720 (bought in France), though the default parameters seem to be already really good (maybe too much light and not enough warm).

Not sure this DXE720 exist in UK, maybe it's the same as DX700 series ?
I've watched the TX-50DX750 and TX-58DX700B picture settings videos, but they seem different so I don't know if I can apply one of them on the DXE720 series.

A link to this TV : J'aime le PANASONIC TX-50DXE720 127 cm sur LCD Compare !

Hope you can help me :)

Thanks !

I've finally set those parameters :
- Normal mode => backlight : 60, contrast : 80, colour temperature : warm1, adaptive backlight control : off, Intelligent Frame Creation : off
- cinema mode => contrast : 80, adaptive backlight control : off, Intelligent Frame Creation : off
- True cinema mode => contrast : 80, adaptive backlight control : off, Intelligent Frame Creation : off
and of course use mainly the True cinema mode.

However, it seems that I'm sensible to flickering / PWM with this screen so that I cannot watch TV anymore with it.:(
It started with some flickering light (like a ghost light), in white parts but even in dark parts of the screen. But this light causes me a persistent of vision / afterglow, even when stopping watching TV (like when you look at a white text on a black screen, then look in another direction and you still see the lines highlighted), and this for a few minutes or even hours !

I've made my inquiry (from family and friends but also professionals like big store's hotlines, opticians, engineers in electronics, and in TV forums) and it seems to be a well known problem (flickering with direct LED and PWM, and blue light of LED).
For information, some manufacturers like BenQ sells flicker-free and Low Blue Light screens (Eye-Care product range).

So sadly, I had to bring this TV back to the store, and exchange it with another model : a Sony 49X8305C (inspired from this forum).

After a few days, it seems that I haven't this kind of problem with the Sony (Edge light).
Yes, blacks are not as deep with the Panasonic (but you see the difference only in a dark room and with an almost black picture), but now I can watch TV !;)

I've explained this problem to Panasonic support, I hope they'll take account of that in the future and protect more the eyes of the customers... (but this problem is also present with other manufacturers)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom