panasonic tx-55ez952b help

(GTV)Chris

Prominent Member
Reaction score
HI,

I have the above TV. Still a beautiful TV (a few years on). I calibrated it for hours and it looks amazing.
However....
Bloody Sky TV has caused burn in on the screen, and on certain things like the green of a football pitch, you can see the ghosting of the side panel of the Sky home screen etc.
It's not mega noticeable, but I want to minimise this. Or prevent further problems.
Is there a screen saver that comes on if the Sky is paused?
Netflix and Prime all kick the screen saver in, but Sky doesn't seem to?

Also, I have the setting for Netflix and Prime set to true Cinema. I have removed a lot of the processing to minimise artefacts. But for some reason I have to keep going into the menu and taking out 'intelligent frame creation' Because I cannot abide the video effect it produces.
I reset it to zero every time, but next time I watch Prime, it resets the frame creation back to 'min'. Is there a way to permanently save this setting so I don't have to keep going into the menu each time?

Any advice, as always, is very gratefully received.
Chris

Look under screen settings there should be a manual panel maintenance option, run that and hope it clears it out.

I'm not familiar with Sky but it doesn't sound like they have a screensaver built in, do they have any idle screen dimming function ? you can see people complaining here on sky forums, doesn't sound like Sky had adjusted its logos to be more OLED friendly.

I don't know why the IFC is always reset, try asking in the EZ952 owners thread.

If there is no solution to that last issue and HDMI presets are not affected the AppleTV 4K set top box has those apps and has a built in OLED friendly screensaver that will activate over those apps while idle if thats of any use to you.

Actually, I was recently thinking of getting Apple TV, as I know they can stream Atmos So I may look into this.
I'll try the maintenance setting, worth a go :)
And I will ask on the owners thread the same question regarding the menu item
Many thanks
Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom