Question Panasonic TX-65CX410 - no video when using AVR

RONGREENY

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope someone can help and maybe owns one of these TVs

I was using a Yamaha AVR perfectly well with it until I upgraded my Virgin package to TIVO V6 box which is capable of 4k resolution - as is the television of course.
The Yamaha only gave me 1080p so I decided to try a 4k AVR. I initially tried a Denon x520bt which is a 4k avr but this would not show any video on the TV from the Tivo source.
So I tried another Denon - another 4k one and HDCP 2.2 compliant - a Denon X3200W. This time the Denon set up assistant nor Denon splash screen would appear on the TV screen. The said screens did appear on another smaller panasonic tv. So I know it is not the Denon AVR which is at fault. I did use the smaller screen to go through the set up but when I then connected to my 65 inch I get no video for my TIVO again and still no set up screen.
I have therefore had to use the AVR for the audio and use HDMI sources on the TV for the devices.
If I want to configure the AVR I have to bring in the smaller TV so I can get a screen. Spent many frustrating hours trying to solve this!

To further complicate matters my harmony hub can not switch the HDMI sources on the TV correctly.

Any help appreciated. The one constant seems to be the TV.
I have tried various HDMI leads including expensive ones which claim to be hdmi 2,0 and hdcp2.2 compliant.
I have called support for both Panasonic and Denon with no luck. The TV is said to be HDCP2.2 compliant as is the devices I am using. (in particular the V6 box)

Thanks for any assistance

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom