Panasonic TX-65FZ952 Screen uniformity issues....

Original Star wars fan

Established Member
Reaction score
Had the display about 2 months and thought I could see issues with pink/blue banding and tried to ignore it - watched a video on youtube with a mostly white image and couldn't get over the colour banding issue...

Anyone else had this? So far got a repair company for Panny coming to look over it but the supplier (TPS) has been very helpful.

The images are from built in youtube running white only videos...

Anyone had similar?

Attachments

• 70379894_880619322312460_3143540800789413888_n.jpg
    70379894_880619322312460_3143540800789413888_n.jpg
    698.6 KB · Views: 185
  • 70513275_951065998576137_6007542620031549440_n.jpg
    70513275_951065998576137_6007542620031549440_n.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 196
That's what's commonly referred to here as tinting and isn't as uncommon as it should be. It's a new panel job, and good to here TPS are on the ball.

Paul

Great :( - Don't want all the hassle - So it can't be fixed then
I think it takes about an hour to replace the screen and they usually do it at your place, so it should be minimal hassle for you.

They may even just replace the whole TV, seeing as it's only 2 months old. I guess that would be more hassle though, as you'll need to box up this one and unbox and install the new one.

And no, it can't be fixed without replacing the panel. It's the result of a manufacturing defect I believe.

Paul

I'm curious as to why?

The OP will get a brand new panel and retain their warranty. It's as good as having a new TV.

Paul

I've always found a repair is never the same as a factory assembled TV.

If there was a choice I would always advise swapping out for a whole new TV. Especially at only 2mths old.

A repaired TV also diminishes its future re-sale value.

I agree - I am not happy at the prospect of a repair at all- and will push for replacement. Just checked the recept and its just over 3 months since I bought it but I was away all of August when it wasn't used. I have a repair agent coming to see the tv and if they suggest replacing the panel I will then see what my options are. I don't want to fight this but in the same way I am not going to accept a repaired set.

Not sure where you bought it from but insist on a replacement TV.

If they try fob you off just say if you wanted a 2 mth old refurbished TV then you would have bought a refurbished one to begin with. You bought a new TV and its clearly not fit for purpose within the space of 2mths.

Not sure where you bought it from but insist on a replacement TV.

If they try fob you off just say if you wanted a 2 mth old refurbished TV then you would have bought a refurbished one to begin with. You bought a new TV and its clearly not fit for purpose within the space of 2mths.

Agree - Need to let them inspect it first but will not accept a repair on this - will update

If they can't fix it just get rid of it and get a better TV

Because they might not be able to replace it with a new one you might have to get another TV or have this one repaired

No but you may have to consider another OLED. See what the store says as it's unlikely there will be much stock (if any) FZ952's left available now.

I reckon it will either be a repair or an alternative offering on the cards for you

No, that's a panel job and I think we've discussed that already. See what they say and take it from there

Panasonic are trying to repair the tv! - I have told them I will not accept a repair. Have to write a letter to start of a formal process now :( - Anyone else had to deal with this?

Panasonic are trying to repair the tv! - I have told them I will not accept a repair. Have to write a letter to start of a formal process now :( - Anyone else had to deal with this?
I've been down that route before. It's a lot of hassle.

I'd suggest googling 'consumer rights act 2015'. If my memory serves me well I believe if no fault is reported within the first 30 days, then you have to allow for at least 1 repair attempt. If it's still faulty after that then I believe you are in a better position to push for a refund.

If you've got a bad panel then they'll just replace it with a brand new one - usually in your own home.

I personally would also prefer to box it up and do a complete exchange, but if that's not possible, a new panel swap is certainly the next best thing.

I don't agree with the other poster that this diminishes the value or makes it equivilant to a refurb. Your TV was new, your replacement panel will also be new.

I've been down that route before. It's a lot of hassle.

I'd suggest googling 'consumer rights act 2015'. If my memory serves me well I believe if no fault is reported within the first 30 days, then you have to allow for at least 1 repair attempt. If it's still faulty after that then I believe you are in a better position to push for a refund.

If you've got a bad panel then they'll just replace it with a brand new one - usually in your own home.

I personally would also prefer to box it up and do a complete exchange, but if that's not possible, a new panel swap is certainly the next best thing.

I don't agree with the other poster that this diminishes the value or makes it equivilant to a refurb. Your TV was new, your replacement panel will also be new.

These sets are calibrated and setup in the factory to each other - the repair guy from down the road is not going to be able to do this - these repair panels will be setup to an average- I am giving the dealer until monday to sort it out before I pull the plug and return it.

Panasonic are refusing to replace - so having to go down the repair root - if there is a single pixel or mark on the set then it will be refused and a new set will be demanded. I don't normally back down but have to give them this one chance...

I agree it's all a massive hassle and headache.

At the end of it you will have a repaired TV which goes without saying diminishes its future value. If it works fine and you keep it then the value is perhaps immaterial.

However it would be fair for any prospective future buyer to knock you down on price. This would be fair as it goes without saying no field agent repair is the equivalent of a factory fresh unit.

Personally I wouldnt touch a used and repaired TV but YMMV depending on how you feel.

At the moment its cheaper for Panasonic to try repair and then fob you off. That's exactly what they will do.

Your best bet is through the retailer you bought it from as the contract you hold is with them and not with Panasonic.

I agree it's all a massive hassle and headache.

At the end of it you will have a repaired TV which goes without saying diminishes its future value. If it works fine and you keep it then the value is perhaps immaterial.

However it would be fair for any prospective future buyer to knock you down on price. This would be fair as it goes without saying no field agent repair is the equivalent of a factory fresh unit.

Personally I wouldnt touch a used and repaired TV but YMMV depending on how you feel.

At the moment its cheaper for Panasonic to try repair and then fob you off. That's exactly what they will do.

Your best bet is through the retailer you bought it from as the contract you hold is with them and not with Panasonic.

I doubt I will be keeping it - if the display is not 'as new' and free from the colour issues then it will be rejected at this point - I have the retailers word that this will open up another avenue... I don't hold up much hope it will return and I will be happy with it...

As for selling the display on - I have no plans to but if I did - I don't have to tell anyone the panel has been swapped and there should be no reason it should make the tv worth any less... if that is the case I can refuse the repair?

If its not repaired correctly then you can press on but I would doubt they would return it to you in a massively unsatisfactory condition. You would hope they have set standards but in reality you are in the hands of a field service agent.

They maybe able to replace the panel but I doubt they will calibrate it to the level the TV was when it left the factory.

You would really have to cross that bridge at that point.

As for future value a lot of knowledgable buyers will ask of its provenance, usage, was it an ex-demo, refurb or has it been repaired.

It's not for me to say. Its up to you if it ever came to that.

If I was in your shoes I would just talk to the retailer and leave Panasonic out of it at this stage.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom