Panasonic TX-P42G20B Blinking LED

webby54

Established Member
Reaction score
So, my Panny shutdown last night and won't come on again. The relay clicks twice when switched on, then once more quickly after.

The red LED light at the bottom blinks four times, pauses, then 4 times again, and so on.

I've taken the back off and it looks incredibly clean and dust-free considering its age.

I don't see any bulging caps to my novice eye, or anything else really untoward; nothing appears burnt or anything like that.

Thoughts?

Yeh my 10yr panny plasma did that a couple of weeks ago. Surprised it lasted that long, it was the 46” GT30 model. Ended up ditching and getting the LG 55” C9 panel.

You can download a copy of the service manual here for TX-P42G20E. Page 19 shows Power LED Blinking timing chart for troubleshooting. Personally, I will arrange professional TV repair person to fix it.

1592210542459.png

Last edited:
Any idea how much that might be?

Yeh my 10yr panny plasma did that a couple of weeks ago. Surprised it lasted that long, it was the 46” GT30 model. Ended up ditching and getting the LG 55” C9 panel.
C9 is OLED isn’t it? Is that what I’d need to compare with the plasma?

C9 is OLED isn’t it? Is that what I’d need to compare with the plasma?
Yes it is but my point, which wasn’t clear to be honest, was that rather than spend alot of money getting the tv fixed, I thought it’s time for an upgrade...a massive one I might add as the C9 utterly blows my old Panasonic plasma away. But then u would expect that but honestly in the 10yrs I had my plasma...never had an issue with picture quality...it was pretty damn good. But it doesn’t come close to the c9 oled. Plus at the price I got it for, it was absolute steal.

Yes it is but my point, which wasn’t clear to be honest, was that rather than spend alot of money getting the tv fixed, I thought it’s time for an upgrade...a massive one I might add as the C9 utterly blows my old Panasonic plasma away. But then u would expect that but honestly in the 10yrs I had my plasma...never had an issue with picture quality...it was pretty damn good. But it doesn’t come close to the c9 oled. Plus at the price I got it for, it was absolute steal.
Yeah that's kind of where I'm at too. To be honest, this tv is our secondary one and our primary tv is an almost identical model and just as old, so I'm thinking of replacing the primary set and relegating it to replace the secondary set. Thing is, I'm as confused as hell about the tv market and models these days!

Yeah that's kind of where I'm at too. To be honest, this tv is our secondary one and our primary tv is an almost identical model and just as old, so I'm thinking of replacing the primary set and relegating it to replace the secondary set. Thing is, I'm as confused as hell about the tv market and models these days!
Indeed things have moved on from plasma’s. You have OLED, LED and QLEDS now so the tv market is confusing as hell.
But I’ve always heard good things about oled plus looking at my budget, when I saw the c9 at £1200 it was too good to pass up. Plus reading lots of reviews made up my mind and honestly I couldn’t and wouldn’t back to anything non oled. But hopefully with store slowly opening up now, it might be worth going and seeing each one and then making up your mind.
That’s what I would if I was in your position.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom