Panasonic UB820 - Accessing mp4 video files from DVD disc

D

Deleted member 52097

Hello,
I've searched all over the internet but can't seem to find an answer. I'd like to burn some videos onto a DVD without converting the file format for playback on the UB820. The UB820 recognizes the files without any problem from a USB stick but won't read the DVD unless it's a specific file structure?

Hello,
I've searched all over the internet but can't seem to find an answer. I'd like to burn some videos onto a DVD without converting the file format for playback on the UB820. The UB820 recognizes the files without any problem from a USB stick but won't read the DVD unless it's a specific file structure?
You have not said what the original file types are - but there is no option if you wish to make a 'standard DVD-Video' disc that is readable in disc players, then the files have to be in MPEG2 format.

There is no choice about that.

Download Handbrake?

Mp4 file from an action camera. The videos are encoded at 60fps 1080p which is neither pary of the DVD-video or Blu-ray video specification. Looks like I will have to use some UHD disc creation software

If you want to just drop files onto a disc rather than create a video disc - Have a look at the 'playable media' section in your manual.

That will show what each individual media type will support.

Looks like that option is not available so I have to create a disc that matches the one of the disc standards. I need to find a good tool for authoring a video disc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom