Pandora Alarm Systems?

paulst10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone had any experience with these alarms? IMO, they look pretty state of the art, but was curious if anyone has any real experience of them (for better or worse)

I personally like the idea of a tweakable phone app but a couple of friends seem to think third party alarms are more hassle than they're worth..

I like the idea and features they offer. However, as long as I don't get a further discount for improving my security beyond the manufacturer's system then what is the point? Secondly, I haven't checked this, but small suppliers with hardware and software applications that have a cloud dependency to remain operational do concern me. Also, I wonder what their expertise is in IT security. But most of all, I do not want another fob.

Saying that I am looking for a replacement alarm system for my daughter's car. That Meta Systems user interface really does our heads in. It is definitely something from the last century. And this does look quite interesting. Although her car doesn't have a CAN Bus, nor an ODBII port. But I may check them out.

Saying that I am looking for a replacement alarm system for my daughter's car. That Meta Systems user interface really does our heads in. It is definitely something from the last century. And this does look quite interesting. Although her car doesn't have a CAN Bus, nor an ODBII port. But I may check them out.

Pretty much my 90's was spent fitting Cat 1 & 2 to VAG and other manufactures products.
How I miss the simplicity of not having too much tech getting in the way of splicing wires and soldering new wires into them.

Remote start was great before the days of near instant screen clear and deicing.

I like the idea and features they offer. However, as long as I don't get a further discount for improving my security beyond the manufacturer's system then what is the point? Secondly, I haven't checked this, but small suppliers with hardware and software applications that have a cloud dependency to remain operational do concern me. Also, I wonder what their expertise is in IT security. But most of all, I do not want another fob.

Yes, I agree about the lack of insurance discount (I asked about it and they said it wouldn't affect the price). From what I can see the alarm works with your existing alarm so you shouldn't need another fob apart from the tag (which shouldn't be on the same keyring as your car keys)

I've been looking at the Mini BT v2.. which comes in at £520 supplied and fitted or £570 with the proximity sensor..

Pretty much my 90's was spent fitting Cat 1 & 2 to VAG and other manufactures products.
How I miss the simplicity of not having too much tech getting in the way of splicing wires and soldering new wires into them.

Remote start was great before the days of near instant screen clear and deicing.
Hehehe I know who to call to help replace the system on my daughters car 😂💪☝️

All well and good and pretty much appeals to tech lovers like me, but what puts me off slightly is the remote fob is too big and will be used a few times to impress people and then stuffed in a pocket full of loose change and other bits that could/would scratch the life out of the screen and be another bulky item in a pocket.

Might be something to consider though for those that drive vehicles that are very easy to steal as an extra form of protection.

Is this recognised by the insurance industry??

Hehehe I know who to call to help replace the system on my daughters car 😂💪

Top of my head it was no more than 12 - 15 wires (all black and numbered - numbers removed prior to fitting) and a good eye on hiding the wiring into the original looms.

If local I would be there with my tools and hands ready to be ripped to shreds lol

All well and good and pretty much appeals to tech lovers like me, but what puts me off slightly is the remote fob is too big and will be used a few times to impress people and then stuffed in a pocket full of loose change and other bits that could/would scratch the life out of the screen and be another bulky item in a pocket.

Might be something to consider though for those that drive vehicles that are very easy to steal as an extra form of protection.

Is this recognised by the insurance industry??

You only get the remote fob in the higher end packages and from what I can see, it should replace your keyless fob if you have a remote start car

I believe they're Thatcham Cat 1 approved by their info in the bottom of this page

"For over 20 years we have been installing car alarms to BMW, Audi, Ford, Mercedes, as well other makes and models. We have fitted our car alarms systems to vehicles all over the U.K. Offices now in Birmigham, London & Manchester. We have specially designed and built our own OBD port & engine immobilisers, to help secure our customers vehicles against key cloning OBD port theft. In a world of wireless devices, key cloning and key scanning is the cause of thousands of car stolen across Europe. We are always searching for new ways to secure your car. We have a large network of installers which cover most of the U.K.

Introducing Pandora Car alarms.

We are the U.Ks sole distributer of Pandora Car Alarms. Using 128bit encryption, long range 856mhz pager remotes, Bluetooth 5.0 Immobiliser tags, remote engine start and much more. Our car alarms offer protection against key cloning, scanning and jamming, when connected with our specially designed OBD port, wireless immobiliser & push button start engine immobilisers. Now all our car alarms are also Insurance approved Thatcham cat 1.
All these factors makes Pandora Car alarms one of the securest aftermarket alarm systems in the world and the best choice to secure your car."

It definitely appeals to the younger generation. I do know that it makes a lot more sense to my daughter to use an app and proximity than a single button and counting the number of flashes of an LED :) A fair few of her friends have similar systems to track their modified cars. I'm definitely going to check out Pandora so thank you @paulst10 for the tip.:thumbsup:

@aVdub We live on top of a hill, in the countryside, is coronavirus free, have a spare bedroom, and most importantly toilet roll and a heated garage. Am I selling it to you yet? :D

It definitely appeals to the younger generation. I do know that it makes a lot more sense to my daughter to use an app and proximity than a single button and counting the number of flashes of an LED :) A fair few of her friends have similar systems to track their modified cars. I'm definitely going to check out Pandora so thank you @paulst10 for the tip.:thumbsup:

@aVdub We live on top of a hill, in the countryside, is coronavirus free, have a spare bedroom, and most importantly toilet roll and a heated garage. Am I selling it to you yet? :D

See you at 12 :hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom