Paradigm Persona 5.1 Speaker Package Review & Comments

Do you have a link to where I can order 11 channels 😂

"It’s fair to say the Paradigm Persona Series is the best speaker package I have reviewed to date, and there really is nothing I can recommend that even comes close. "

That'll be why you didn't bother with the usual "What are my alternatives?" section then! :)

And I'm glad to see the return of the much-missed "Reference Status" badge.

... not even, say, the SteinwayLyngdorf full monty?

They certainly sound as well engineered as can be from your review Steve.

And they look like it too.

DCA5A2B6-89FF-4FE3-AE5E-70D0EB11C641.jpeg

Those drivers are beasts!

I can’t help thinking that the speakers look a bit meh. For the price I’d maybe expect a bit of design flair?

I know appearance is not important, and I’d go for ugly and tuneful over pretty and bland every time. But...

They certainly sound as well engineered as can be from your review Steve.

And they look like it too.

Those drivers are beasts!

I can’t help thinking that the speakers look a bit meh. For the price I’d maybe expect a bit of design flair?

I know appearance is not important, and I’d go for ugly and tuneful over pretty and bland every time. But...
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess, but the build quality and finish is exceptional. You can also customise the colours, finish etc. when ordering your speakers.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess, but the build quality and finish is exceptional. You can also customise the colours, finish etc. when ordering your speakers.

Indeed it is.

And I haven’t seen them in the flesh.

I’d expect them to be much prettier, in certain finishes, than the photos suggest.

If you had a choice Steve would you go with these or the M&K S300 series?
I didn't review the MK S300, Phil did that one. I do have the MK S150 in my home cinema and I love them. Obviously from a price perspective the S300 speakers are significantly cheaper, but they're also a completely different design. The MKs are basically monitors, where as the Personas are full range floorstanders, so it's like trying to compare a Mustang to a Ferrari.

Indeed it is.

And I haven’t seen them in the flesh.

I’d expect them to be much prettier, in certain finishes, than the photos suggest.
If you go to the Paradigm website, you can see all the different colours and finishes. Personally I'd go for Vanta Black.

I would be very surprised if you don't get a similar performance from KEF Reference Speaker package for the same amount of money. These reviews are very similar to car reviews which aren't road legal and meant for race tracks only :), in other words these are not made for normal people lounges.

Having said that I wouldn't mind a good read though :smashin:

The Sub looks a beast both in size and specification. But for the speakers they're are much cheaper better options that while maybe not as loud overall have much better low bass response than the 46Hz of the Paradigm's floorstanders and centre speaker.

And way better low frequency bass response than the 60Hz Persona B standmounts. Some great quality wall mounted speakers at a fraction of the cost even go down to 30Hz low frequency bass.

Last edited:
The Sub looks a beast both in size and specification. But for the speakers they're are much cheaper better options that while maybe not as loud overall have much better low bass response than the 46Hz of the Paradigm's floorstanders and centre speaker.

And way better low frequency bass response than the 60Hz Persona B standmounts. Some great quality wall mounted speakers at a fraction of the cost even go down to 30Hz low frequency bass.

Just because it says on paper that it goes deeper doesn't mean it does, it all depends on how it is measured. (Plus how they interact with the room makes a big difference)

Bill

Nice review Steve, and certainly ideal for the shed, but reviewing some proper lounge speakers (Rather than the budget entry level system reviewed here) would be better. :D

Bill

Just stop it. Stop this right now! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that know their subs, the Persona sub is virtually the same as it’s predecessor, the Sub1, as far as the dimensions go. I think the Sub1 was released around 8/9 years ago.

What I’m curious about is will Paradigm replace the Sub2 (6x10 inch drivers) with a Persona equivalent?

I'm not sure why this matters when these speakers are part of a 5.1 system with a sub?

Just because it says on paper that it goes deeper doesn't mean it does, it all depends on how it is measured. (Plus how they interact with the room makes a big difference)

Bill
Very true, that's why I always do a very thorough research before buying a product :thumbsup: my living room is very small compact with neighbours above and below so my 30Hz sub is plenty.

But in the process of replacing all my 5.1 speakers this year with wall mounted 30Hz speakers after finding very good quality ones. Hopefully the neighbours don't mind :laugh:

We install Steinway Lyngdorf, MK and Persona.
The Steinway systems are a complete system so they cannot be compared to the Persona system. They perform at a higher level in our opinion.

The MK 300 system again uses a different approach as they are a sub satellite system and again offer advantages.

The Persona systems are absolutely fantastic.
We installed a pair of custom finished Persona subs last year in a cinema that we were involved with and they are ridiculous subwoofers that look as good as they sound.

Again we are also installing a Persona sub in a custom diamond white finish into a million £ London basement room as part of the media room that we have built. (Pictures coming next month)

For those that know their subs, the Persona sub is virtually the same as it’s predecessor, the Sub1, as far as the dimensions go. I think the Sub1 was released around 8/9 years ago.

What I’m curious about is will Paradigm replace the Sub2 (6x10 inch drivers) with a Persona equivalent?
The Sub2 will eventually be discontinued. There are no plans to replace it with an equivalent as far as I know from meetings with Paradigm.

We install Steinway Lyngdorf, MK and Persona.
The Steinway systems are a complete system so they cannot be compared to the Persona system. They perform at a higher level in our opinion.
Sorry, I'm not clear if "They" refers to Steinway or to Persona?

Sorry, I'm not clear if "They" refers to Steinway or to Persona?
Sorry, the Steinway Systems perform to a higher level as they are a complete digital system including amplification and processing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom