RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom.co.uk

Release date: 23/11/2020

Parasite_4K.jpg

Steelbook option, thread: Parasite (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Great film that should look fantastic in 4K.
Atmos too
I imported the Australian Blu-ray a few months ago and it was very impressive. Tempted.

Not ordered from them for years, what their delivery times like ?

Not ordered from them since Covid-19 started so it obviously could take longer but it still seems around 2 weeks looking at the delivery update thread so not too bad.

Cancelled my Blu-ray steelbook once this was announced. I have had two orders from Wow in the last month both were around a week and a half which is shockingly fast considering what is going on in the world right now. Have another on the way which should be about the same hopefully. I must be lucky though as there are some folks on other forums that have been waiting a month to 6 weeks for packages.

Had a look on Amazon as they have started shipping to Europe but it was £11 for shipping and handling.

Hugely tempted, but I've decided to rent this film first, rather than blind buy. Simply for the reason that I'm a little cynical about the hype to be honest. Feels like I've been here before a LOT. Some 'masterpiece' comes out that turns out to be good, but massively overrated.

Really hoping I'm wrong. I'd love to be...

Update: Nope. Really good film...but very overrated...

Last edited:
I can definitely see your logic there, there is nothing worse then a movie being over hyped. Better to have low expectations and be surprised. It is one that you don't want to know anything about going and one thing I will say, it is a very accessible movie for westerners, there is little of the Korean melodrama that can be of putting for those that don't like that kind of stuff.

£25 quid lol. Another £10 off and it'll be below the customs threshold :rolleyes:

Man it’ll be great for A/V fans when VAT/Duty issues have gone.

Had Universal had the UK rights it would have probably been £25 anyway like most of their pre-orders so there is that.

Anyone know what's going on with this release? Is it getting a UK 4K release at some point?

I just checked the Criterion release and there's finally more info, releasing in the US on October 27th, it mentions a new 4K digital master but seems unclear as to whether it's a 4K Blu-ray?

The criterion is blu ray only but includes extras and a black and white version. Most likely will be region 1 locked unless there is a uk version.

It's a good film, but not at the top of my list of Korean films that I have. I got my standard HD BR copy from Australia, but I'm not sure that it warrants a 4K copy chez moi. I'd be interested in reports from those that do have the 4K copy though. I never say never, and it's certainly a film that I'd watch more than once.

Last edited:
Anyone know what's going on with this release? Is it getting a UK 4K release at some point?

I just checked the Criterion release and there's finally more info, releasing in the US on October 27th, it mentions a new 4K digital master but seems unclear as to whether it's a 4K Blu-ray?

Does my head in that UHD films aren’t released here. I’ve had to import Dredd, Mama Mia(wife’s), backdraft and this. Preorder is in for Requiem for a Dream as there will be zero chance of that out in the U.K. too I’d imagine.

The Parasite Blu-ray for anyone interested is in a limited time deal only £12.72 delivered at Amazon

It's a good film, but not at the top of my list of Korean films that I have. I got my standard HD BR copy from Australia, but I'm not sure that it warrants a 4K copy chez moi. I'd be interested in reports from those that do have the 4K copy though. I never say never, and it's certainly a film that I'd watch more than once. If not then no because the blu is very impressive anyway

I have both the blu and the UHD and I mwould say the Blu-ray was pretty much reference for that format but the use of HDR10+ in the UHD elevates it further and (depending on your screen and player) offers a marked improvement in the whites and colour stakes. I have a Samsung Q90R 65” and Panasonic 820 player. It also comes with an Atmos mix which wasnt on the blu.
Is it worth upgrading ? If like me you love the film and depending on your equipment I’d say yes. If your not that bothered about the film then , no, as the blu is already impressive

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom