Paris - 2019

AMc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only just getting around to processing some of the images I took on holiday last year!
We took a few days in Paris after a family wedding in London.
We stayed in an Air BnB in Belleville which was walking distance to lots of things and handy for the Metro.

Day 1 - Musée Marmottan for Monet

Metro
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Monet gallery Musée Marmottan
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Musée Marmottan Monet
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Metropolitain Mono
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Cannibale Café Paris
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Constructive comments are always welcome, thanks for looking :thumbsup:

Good set with #3 being my fav. Though works better for me if cropped down to remove the white painted section above the wall art and otafed slightly to level that :)

Jim

Good set with #3 being my fav. Though works better for me if cropped down to remove the white painted section above the wall art and otafed slightly to level that :)
I played with various crops but settled on this one. If you level up the horizontal then the vertical red wall in the middle looks awful. I also liked it in mono but in the end you have to pick something :)
Thanks for looking!

Great Pano :)

Jim

Cheers :)
It's a very weird thing that you can now take a massive wide shot like this in the dark with a handheld camera and get something that clear.

There's a thread over at e-group where one of the regulars has compared noise on high ISO shots processing the ORF file from Olympus Workspace vs. importing into Lightroom directly.
His results are pretty conclusive that OW>TIFF>LR produces a much cleaner image.
So now I'm looking at a few night shots I've taken and wondering if they're worth reprocessing?
Need to push on through the backlog first unless there's something I really want to print.

Sounds interesting and a little odd TBH - must check that thread out for more info. :)

Jim

Day 4 - Metro, Palais-Royale, Louvre, Monet, Musee D'Orsay

Paris Metro
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Who me?
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Deep in thought
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Colonnade
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Relaxing with a view
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Show me the Monet
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Big Clock, Big View
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Musée d'Orsay and the Seine
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Pyramid/Portal II
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Seine Sunset
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Ile-de-France by night
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Nice shots - I used to visit Paris frequently for business but haven't been there for over two years. I think you have captured the place nicely and I need to book a return trip.

Nice shots - I used to visit Paris frequently for business but haven't been there for over two years. I think you have captured the place nicely and I need to book a return trip.
Thanks John. It was a lot more relaxed than I remember from previous visits, may be because it was August and all the Parisians had gone away or because it was blisteringly hot all the time.

We decided to stay in an flat and behave a bit more like we "lived there" and look outside the centre I've been on various weekends away but there's more to see than just the main sites - though we did those too as my daughter hardly remembered visiting a few years back.

Day 6 - Notre-Dame de Paris, Panthéon, Le Jardin du Luxembourg, Shakespeare and Company & The Metro

Notre-Dame de Paris
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Souvenirs of Paris
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Panthéon
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Panthéon Pendulum
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Panthéon crypt
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Little boat - Le Jardin du Luxembourg
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Shakespeare and Company, Paris
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Late night rider
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Ghost runner - Arts et Métiers
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Day 8 - Parc de Belleville & Marais

Eiffel Tower from Parc de Belleville
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Blue sky thinking
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Une Vie de Chat
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Pixelated Pleasures
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Square of tranquillity in Marais
by AMc UK, on Flickr

The Hoody and Papa Smurf by AMc UK, on Flickr

Despite being a shop name, in plain view in Paris this may offend or be considered NSFW so click at your own risk :) I've wrapped it in a code tag as the site was cheerfully embedding a thumbnail anyway! :rolleyes:
Code:
https://flic.kr/p/2iygh2a

Day 9 - A shot of our chic apartment in Belleville, then off to Norfolk by GTi :)

Chic apartment, Paris
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom