Question Passive 15" sub build - what drivers?

MickB

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was looking to get a 2nd sub to match my PSA S1510, but may resort to doing a DIY build. I'd like to something a similar size, ie approx. 100 litres, sealed, with a 15" driver, probably powered by an Inuke.
I've also got an IB sub, driven by 4 AE15 drivers, & was thinking about breaking that down & using 1 of these, but it'd be a shame to lose that, so thinking about other options.

I don't want to spend big bucks on the driver, as I'm a complete novice when it comes to the DIY. I know I could get the likes of Gordy to build the cabinet, but fancy having a go myself. I did the IB in 2008, & although a bit 'rough round the edges', it's still going strong :)

Would therefore appreciate some feedback on options for drivers, ideally something roughly similar to the PSA?

cheers

Anyone help here please? Looking for a suitable 15" driver for a box approx. 65-100l, limited budget :)

not enough info to go on

what is a "limited" budget? output requirements? extension?

Hi matt,
budget hopefully £500max, max cabinet size would be 100l, just trying to put together something which I could use alongside my PSA1510, so no specific requirements re o/put or extension.
cheers

CheersMatt,

or maybe the 15" BMS (15N840) would be ok?

More of a pro woofer

You need to model them really and need some goals around extension otherwise pretty hard to judge one driver against another

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom