Peerless By Tymphany 350F DIYbuild

They are the 4ohm version, and theTymphany 350F will be going into 70L sealed enclosure,
It would interesting to see how it'll panout against one or two morel, Am also very interested to hear the sound and respons of the Tymphany 350F compared to the ultimo, they both seems to have very similar construction, i would love to hear how well controlled is the sound of the Tymphany 350F when considering the massive excursion,

Yellow is 1 x STW @ 4000W.

Pink is 2 x Morel @ 500W Total - mechanically limited by Xmax as seen in excursion graphs.

Bear in mind you'll get a lot of cabin gain in a car, so will probably stay flat rather than dropping off

Attachments

• SPL.PNG
    SPL.PNG
    44.5 KB · Views: 186
  • EXCURSION.PNG
    EXCURSION.PNG
    46.2 KB · Views: 174
Yellow is 1 x STW @ 4000W.

Pink is 2 x Morel @ 500W Total - mechanically limited by Xmax as seen in excursion graphs.

Bear in mind you'll get a lot of cabin gain in a car, so will probably stay flat rather than dropping off
Thank you very much, that's makes wanna try one even more now, the problem is finding a car amplifier that can do 4000rms or more at 4ohms, it's difficult enough finding a pa amp that does this sort of power at 4ohms at a decent price let alone 12v car amplifier, this is going to be interesting, let the search for the amp begins, Google here i come,

Thank you very much once more,

Any input from any member in here is very much appreciated,

Just one more thing to consider - the Peerless STW quoted Xmax is 11.5mm I believe. The Morels are quoted as 12.5mm. I used 12.5mm for the Models in modelling and 40 odd for the STW, since it's well known and verified the Xmax far exceeds 11.5mm on the STW. Might be worth you checking the Morels Xmax to see if they can happily exceed 12.5mm since this will bring them closer together in the SPL graphs I provided. If you ignore excursion limits and use 2 x Models with 2000W and 1 x STW with 4000W, they basically model the same - FYI

@nickolp1974 My driver has arrived today. You're right, they're heavy!!

Quick question, how did you bolt it to the sub cabinet? I wasn't expecting the holes to be threaded. I was thinking of using a captive nut on the baffle but that's obviously not going to work...

Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom