Perimeter Advertising

Doghouse Riley

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I noticed at the Cup Final, the animated perimeter advertising was "double tiered," (so twice as irritating and distracting) This was possible as there were no spectators, so there were no fans in the front seats whose view would have been obstructed. A friend who is a Manchester City supporter and season ticket holder, told me that he'd heard they were removing front seats around their ground. He said he'd heard it was about a thousand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you asking because you're generally interested or to wind other members up ?

I know what I think, mulling over what to do now.

Changed my mind , it can stay

Last edited:
Are you asking because you're generally interested or to wind other members up ?

I know what I think, mulling over what to do now.

Changed my mind , it can stay

Sorry, I don't understand your logic. The message was clear enough.

The first time I'd seen pitch-side double tiered advertising was recently at the televised Cup Final.
I find single tiered advertising distracting enough. I presumed this had been used as there were no spectators, as any in the pitch-side seats would not have been able to see the game. I thought no more about it.

When a friend during an unrelated conversation happened to mention that he'd heard that they were permantly removing rows of pitch-side seats at Manchester City's ground, I naturally concluded that double tier perimeter advertising might be being introduced at that ground. What other reason could there be for losing the income from seats?

Now how on earth can you possibly conclude that this could be a wind up?

Last edited:
If you had spent more time posting in these here parts you would understand. Especially with the last bit I removed

Anyway it's a legitimate question and if City are the first they probably wont be the last
Our resident encyclopedia of all things City will know if it's true or not
Where are you @Abbeygoo , what's the score? And I dont mean 2-0 ;)

If you had spent more time posting in these here parts you would understand. Especially with the last bit I removed

Anyway it's a legitimate question and if City are the first they probably wont be the last
Our resident encyclopedia of all things City will know if it's true or not
Where are you @Abbeygoo , what's the score? And I dont mean 2-0 ;)

The "last bit" which you removed, was, "Just sayin'?"

That was a personal comment on the fact that I don't like perimeter advertising and that it would appear that grounds might be in for "double helpings." My post wasn't directed at any individual.

Why did you remove it? It was inoccuous. You read too much into it.

Save the patronising remarks, it's not incumbent on any contributor to thoroughly research every topic on every thread before expressing an opinion.
You are just making excuses for your over-reaction to my first post.

Let's move on.

Last edited:
Erm .....

Until I’ve been to the ground I can’t say anything as not heard about this. The seats are all covered now.

Until I’ve been to the ground I can’t say anything as not heard about this. The seats are all covered now.

Spoke to my City supporter friend again today over lunch after playing, we are members of the same golf club. I asked him to expand on the situation. He said following our converstion last week he'd made further enquiries.
He said he'd got the information that seats were coming out and yes more advertising was going in from a third member of our club whom we both know.
This guy owns the company that will be doing the work.

So you can take it that my original assumption was corect.

Last edited:
Ok fair enough

Ok fair enough

I've no idea what the attendance figures are at Manchester City, but I would imagine that it would be rare for the ground to be full to capacity except for a few matches each year.. A thousand fewer seats wouldn't result in a loss of income. for most of the time.
Therefore income generated from more advertising is better than no income from an empty seat.

It's all about money, isn't it?

Yep.

Which golf club are you a member at ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom